Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How many children
Unregistered 10:14 PM 08-31-2014
How many children including your own are you allowed to have in California before needing a license? I'm thinking of taking the max whole applying and waiting for my license
Blackcat31 07:03 AM 09-01-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
How many children including your own are you allowed to have in California before needing a license? I'm thinking of taking the max whole applying and waiting for my license
I think if caring for more than one child/family means you need a license. I wouldn't recommend caring for more than you are legally allowed while waiting for license approval because you could lose your chance to get a license and be fined $200 per day.

Here is a link that explains a bit about whether you need a license or not:

http://ccld.ca.gov/res/pdf/License-ExemptChildCare.pdf
daycare 08:08 AM 09-01-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think if caring for more than one child/family means you need a license. I wouldn't recommend caring for more than you are legally allowed while waiting for license approval because you could lose your chance to get a license and be fined $200 per day.

Here is a link that explains a bit about whether you need a license or not:

http://ccld.ca.gov/res/pdf/License-ExemptChildCare.pdf
I'm in ca..

BC is correct. Only one family's children. Thy can have 2-3 kids, as long as it's from the same family.

The fines have also gone up and trust me when I tell you if you get caught operating illegally, your NOT going to get your license AND you will be fined.

The fines are higer in my county and that $250 is per day.
Margarete 11:48 AM 09-01-2014
One family in addition to your own.

Also just for your information you can join the food program while you are legally licensed exempt in California, but not all food sponsors serve licensed exempt, so keep looking if the first one you contact does not.
sharlan 12:05 PM 09-01-2014
Originally Posted by Margarete:
One family in addition to your own.

Also just for your information you can join the food program while you are legally licensed exempt in California, but not all food sponsors serve licensed exempt, so keep looking if the first one you contact does not.

What is licensed exempt?
daycare 12:20 PM 09-01-2014
I believe licensing exempt is when you care for one family without a license.
One of my daycare moms watches the neighbors kids and she Is paid by the state and on good program. She watches them full time while her daughter comes to me for preschool.
TheGoodLife 03:08 PM 09-01-2014
License exempt is when you do not exceed a certain criteria, where you need to be licensed. I am license exempt in Nebraska- I can watch up to 3 children at a time and not be required to be licensed. If I were to go to 4+, I'd have to be licensed. Some states offer this, others don't
Reply Up