Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Halloween Costume Ideas For Me
BrooklynM 11:09 AM 09-02-2014
So, I know we have a ways to go, but I love Halloween and I'm trying to plan out my costume. Obviously nothing too scary, and something easy to move around in. Anyone have any ideas or things they have done in the past?
NeedaVaca 11:24 AM 09-02-2014
Is this for daycare? Could change some of my answers...obviously my 50 shades of grey costume wouldn't be suitable for daycare lol I wore all different shades of grey-and some grey paint chips on my shirt-handcuffs completed the look!

I taped "smarties" (candy) all over my pants=smarty pants

Wear a formal dress and a sign around your neck that says I'm Sorry=formal apology

tape sponges to your clothes and hold a mirror=self absorbed

tie a box of cereal around your neck and stab plastic knives into the box=serial/cereal killer
BrooklynM 11:25 AM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Is this for daycare? Could change some of my answers...obviously my 50 shades of grey costume wouldn't be suitable for daycare lol I wore all different shades of grey-and some grey paint chips on my shirt-handcuffs completed the look!

I taped "smarties" (candy) all over my pants=smarty pants

Wear a formal dress and a sign around your neck that says I'm Sorry=formal apology

tape sponges to your clothes and hold a mirror=self absorbed

tie a box of cereal around your neck and stab plastic knives into the box=serial/cereal killer
HAHA! Those are hilarious. Yes, for daycare. :-)
melilley 11:27 AM 09-02-2014
Fairy
Cowgirl
Butterfly
M&M
Baby (they make those one pieced pj's with feet, for adults)
Bride
Princess
Blackcat31 11:33 AM 09-02-2014
When the DCK's ask me what I am going to be for Halloween I tell them "I'm going to be 46".

They always look confused.

You could always dress up like the BIGGEST PITA parent you have.

Attach (wear) a couple babies to you, carry around a 4 yr old with a paci all the while, trying to text on your phone. Make sure each child you are wearing has a phone in hand too.

When others ask what you are, say "A daycare providers worst nightmare"
midaycare 11:34 AM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
HAHA! Those are hilarious. Yes, for daycare. :-)
So the sexy maid is out then?
LysesKids 12:30 PM 09-02-2014
You could steam punk an outfit... Victorian area is traditional, but I've seen some neat get ups by my friends including farie costumes with a twist (yes even after 50, steampunk is OK)...
DaveA 01:08 PM 09-02-2014
I'm not a Halloween person & never dress up, but period costumes are a unique, especially American historical periods. Civil War, buckskinner/ Mountain Man/Woman, Revolutionary War, Victorian, 1950s, hippie, and western frontier are all good periods to dress up as.
KiddieCahoots 04:38 PM 09-02-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
When the DCK's ask me what I am going to be for Halloween I tell them "I'm going to be 46".
BC we are the same age!
Because of all your wisdom, thought you were older.

Last year I put together a great Mad Hater, and except for the purchase of the hat, and feather eyelashes, the costume was relatively cheap.
SignMeUp 04:50 PM 09-02-2014
My kids love it when I dress as a baby. Footed p.j.s and my hair in a sprout on top of my head. A bunch of barrettes. Baby bottle. Nuk attached to my jammies.

Sometimes I wear my kid's old clown costume. Pants are polka dot on one side and striped on the other. Reverse on the top. Big pom-poms on front, and a big felt hat with red yarn hair attached to it.

Another one is a scarecrow. Old holey patched jeans, patched with plaid flannel. Flannel shirt with raffia hanging out the sleeves. An old hat with loops of raffia hair. And face painted triangles around the eyes. (And don't tell the moms but I keep candy corn in my pockets )

The last one in my rotation is just a witch hat. I wear all black, and put that polyester spider web stuff on my shirt, with spider rings hooked on. And a sparkly witch hat with a spider dangling from the top
Reply Up