Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Have Sick Kids?
Missani 11:08 AM 01-20-2011
I've heard a couple of people say they have sick kids, but really not too many considering it's January. I've been doing this since August and have never had one out sick yet. I do have one with a cold this week, but it is minor and she is here (and very happy, too) just stuffed up. I also have a cold/headache/low grade fever that I am trying NOT to spread around and so far being successful (I've been way stressed this week so I don't see how I could not get sick.) How about everyone else?
Blackcat31 11:16 AM 01-20-2011
I, myself, haven't been sick in well over ten years...(now I have to knock on wood) because I have literally been exposed to every germ know to man so I have built up some great immunities. the kids have all been pretty healthy this last year but I do have a few cases of the Norovirus going around right now but it seems to only get the ones under 2.
gkids09 11:20 AM 01-20-2011
The public schools are having a time with sickness. Unfortunately, so am I at my daycare...I usually have 12 kids per day, and this week we have had at least 4 out every day, sick. Nobody has the same thing. It's been pneumonia, stomach virus, RSV, flu, strep, severe coughing/cold, etc etc etc...I feel like I am constantly sanitizing, and can't believe I'm not sick yet from making kids feel better until mommies and daddies come to pick them up. It's very sad. Snowing today, and we'll be closed tomorrow for bad weather (we hardly ever have much snow/ice here) so I'm hoping with the long weekend everyone will rest up and feel better!
ammama 11:34 AM 01-20-2011
We've had a terrible time with sickness this year. I'm pregnant, and i'm coming down with everything that comes my way. As a daycare, we've had 1 stomach bug, and two bad colds that lingered for weeks, that went through EVERYONE, even though I was cleaning like crazy trying to prevent it. There has been at least one kid with a really runny nose on a constant basis since November. I can't wait for cold and flu season to be over.
alyssyn 11:36 AM 01-20-2011
I've been doing this since August also! Just today I had my first sick dck. She is out with what Mom says is a stomach bug. She took her to the doctor and says he said she could also be faking.
littlemonkeys 11:56 AM 01-20-2011
I have one out with RSV and two out with the stomach bug. My neighbor does dc too and she has 2 dck's out. Not fun! Hope I don't get sick.
javamama 12:00 PM 01-20-2011
My kids got hit hard last week. 4 kids including one of my own were brought to the doctor to get checked out. 2 had a horrible, horrible cough and 2 had ear infections. Almost all of my kids/daycare kids (10) have a runny nose.

I am jealous of those that don't have sick kids!!
Miss Lindsey 12:03 PM 01-20-2011
My 5 month old dcg was out with an ear infection, the 6 month old dcb with respiratory cold and ear infection, and I have had to close twice, once for strep myself, and then tuesday for my own daughter who had a mild stomach bug. I have been bleaching like crazy because I am an emetophobic (seriously, absolutely terrified of vomiting). This is only my 2nd year doing daycare in my home. Cant wait to open up windows and get past the cold/flu season. I must be solar powered because I am so much more at ease and enjoy the outdoors so much!
DCMomOf3 12:07 PM 01-20-2011
if anyone has gotten sick enough to stay home, it hasn't spread to anyone else, at least not so far. I have had kids out with fevers, pink eye, bronchitis, but it's stayed isolated to that one child. *Knock on wood*
SandeeAR 05:24 PM 01-20-2011
5 mo is out with ear infection and RSV, his 2.5 y/o sister has a bad cough; 9 mo, is out with RSV too.
MarinaVanessa 11:58 AM 01-21-2011
3 weeks ago I had 2 come down with fevers and I sent them home and then I came down with whatever they had and a fever of 102 the next week. This Wednesday my DD got sent home from school with a fever of 101.2 and a belly ache. Yesterday it was down to 99 and but she had bathroom issues then last night she threw up ... a lot. Today she's ok, no fever but still has tummy issues and has been living off of soup and pedialite. Two of my younger DCB's have clear runny noses and the rest of the kids are fine.
Tags:sick, sickness
Reply Up