Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Boy the competition is getting tough
Unregistered 12:14 PM 11-30-2011
This was found in my local CL
Fun and Learning Activities for your child. New Home Daycare Now Enrolling for infants - 5 yrs. Located in ***. Will provide childcare transportation plus drive parent to work.
Childcare open from 8am-7pm. Transportation available at 9am. Can take parent to work and bring them and their child back home. Meals provided, large playroom and fenced yard. If interested respond to this post or call ****
SilverSabre25 12:24 PM 11-30-2011
drive parent to work?! Now that's a new one to me...
Meeko 12:50 PM 11-30-2011
So...do the kids spent the day in the car?
daycare 12:52 PM 11-30-2011
i drive a boat, I could never afford to offer that! Plus I would have to get commercial insurance for my car and that would be about a billion dollars.

Way to much risk involved here.

So how would you get everyone to work on time and picked up on time?

This offer has not been well thought out IMO..
Nellie 12:57 PM 11-30-2011
Daycare plus taxicab service.
Springdaze 01:29 PM 11-30-2011
no late pick ups!
Meyou 01:47 PM 11-30-2011
That is really weird.
Michelle 02:06 PM 11-30-2011
I have actually done in!
I also used to drop off a parent at school too.
One mom would have to take 3 buses starting out at 4:30 a.m. with three kids to get to my house then 2 buses to get to work on time.
It took me 20 minutes to get her and the kids from her home dropped her off at work which was on the way to my house. It was no problem for me.
I made like $2,500 per month just for those 3 kids, we had the best talks, goofing around time on those drives. We took them home too. She did have to work around my schedule but I did that for 3 years until she got her own car.
cheerfuldom 03:22 PM 11-30-2011
this is weird to me. how would you even coordinate dropoffs in the morning when you have to drop parents off too?
CheekyChick 03:26 PM 11-30-2011
Does the DCP make dinner for them after she drives them home?
daycare 03:53 PM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I have actually done in!
I also used to drop off a parent at school too.
One mom would have to take 3 buses starting out at 4:30 a.m. with three kids to get to my house then 2 buses to get to work on time.
It took me 20 minutes to get her and the kids from her home dropped her off at work which was on the way to my house. It was no problem for me.
I made like $2,500 per month just for those 3 kids, we had the best talks, goofing around time on those drives. We took them home too. She did have to work around my schedule but I did that for 3 years until she got her own car.
Not to sound rude, but only $2500 for 3 kids and you had to drive them? that's not enough for me. I charge that much for two kids over the age of 2, potty trained, and I don't drive them anywhere but to field trips......
Preschool/daycare teacher 04:48 PM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Not to sound rude, but only $2500 for 3 kids and you had to drive them? that's not enough for me. I charge that much for two kids over the age of 2, potty trained, and I don't drive them anywhere but to field trips......
Lol, I would do it for $2500 a month! only have to care for 3 children, all from the same family (only one family to worry about enforcing the policies with), and you wouldn't have to worry about them picking up late, like someone else mentioned That comes out to more than $200/week per child. In my area, that's over twice what our rates could be. So 3 children for Michelle would mean we'd have to care for more than 6 children before we'd make $2500/month!
Daycare, are your rates really $312.50 per week? That's what it would come out to if you made $2500/month for only 2 children. We would need more than 3 children to make what you would make for one And we transport children, go on field trips, participate in our state's childcare rating system, provide 2 meals and 2 snacks, Free preschool with childcare enrollment etc. Lol, I think I know where to move now...
daycare 05:01 PM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
Lol, I would do it for $2500 a month! only have to care for 3 children, all from the same family (only one family to worry about enforcing the policies with), and you wouldn't have to worry about them picking up late, like someone else mentioned That comes out to more than $200/week per child. In my area, that's over twice what our rates could be. So 3 children for Michelle would mean we'd have to care for more than 6 children before we'd make $2500/month!
Daycare, are your rates really $312.50 per week? That's what it would come out to if you made $2500/month for only 2 children. We would need more than 3 children to make what you would make for one And we transport children, go on field trips, participate in our state's childcare rating system, provide 2 meals and 2 snacks, Free preschool with childcare enrollment etc. Lol, I think I know where to move now...
sorry dont want to hijack the thread.

I charge $250.00 per week. My car insurance right now with a million dollar balloon policy on it is already $394.00 a month and it has mileage limitations on how often and how far I can drive the kids, NOT parents. I also live in SF bay area, one of the most expensive places in the world to live and my rate is about average.

If I were to offer the service this provider is offering or what the other poster offered, my car insurance would require me to have commercial insurance. In fact, most insurance companies would require it.

Between the cost of gas for my vehicle and the cost of insurance, then care for 3 kids all day, provide preschool program, food, care, taxes and all the other bells and whistles that come with providing great care, I'd have hardly anything left to show for it.
Michelle 05:14 PM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Um , don't you live in San Francisco?
The rates in the bay area are a lot higher than here in L.A.
and I thought of it more as helping a sweet family that had no way to help themselves. I am a very loving kind person and it was so easy for me to do this. She is a single mom and I loved these kids and the mom.
daycare 05:24 PM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
Um , don't you live in San Francisco?
The rates in the bay area are a lot higher than here in L.A.
and I thought of it more as helping a sweet family that had no way to help themselves. I am a very loving kind person and it was so easy for me to do this. She is a single mom and I loved these kids and the mom.
that's why I said it would not work for me.... But glad that you were in a place that you could help someone out like that.

I wish that I could afford to help someone out like that, but I can't afford it.

My dad once told me that I can work out of the goodness of my heart all I want, but at the end of the day, it won't pay my bills. I cried....
Michelle 05:25 PM 11-30-2011
wow, we must have been writing at the same time!
I had a mom tell me that she has a sister that does daycare in S.F. and she makes $350 a week for an infant.
Here, the most we could get is $150-$200 a week for an infant.

I just couldn't see her trying to manage 2 sleepy kids and one infant with their bags, stroller etc. on 3 buses to get here.
Also they were here for a shorter time because I didn't have to wait for her to get here on the bus at pick up time.
Reply Up