Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 4 5 6 7 8  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?
Luna 10:15 AM 04-11-2014
This morning my group took turns oh-so-carefully carrying around a broken eggshell they found under a tree, oohing and ahhhing over it. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was a piece of paper.
craftymissbeth 10:16 AM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by Luna:
This morning my group took turns oh-so-carefully carrying around a broken eggshell they found under a tree, oohing and ahhhing over it. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was a piece of paper.
I laughed way too hard at this
BumbleBee 10:30 AM 04-11-2014
Lol. This is hilarious.
BumbleBee 03:37 PM 04-14-2014
2 yo dcb set off the co2 detector by farting in front of it.
Luna 09:51 AM 04-15-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Omg
childcaremom 12:25 PM 04-18-2014
ha ha ha
childcaremom 12:32 PM 04-18-2014
Dcg (just turned 2) sneezed... I asked her if she needed a kleenex.

Dcg: "No, I need a bless you."
hwichlaz 09:07 AM 04-28-2014
Overheard at the breakfast table...

E: You have to be very careful of the shark in the sink when you scrape your food out of your bowl. It'll bite your hand.

My DD: There are SHARKS in the sink?

E: Not everyone has one, but a lot of people do. I heard yours growling when your mom was feeding it our old cereal last week.

They are 3 and 4 years old.

LMAO
Sunchimes 06:22 PM 05-02-2014
Three yo dcg was at the easel painting today. I asked her to draw an elephant for me. She slowly turned around, hand on hip and looked down her nose at me. (I never really knew what that expression meant until seeing it today.) She said, "I am an artist."
Sunshine74 08:13 PM 05-13-2014
Two DCG (both 2yrs) were playing with the Little People.

DCG1- The girl is up high!

DCG2- The girl is a pie?

DCG1- (gasp) Don't call her that!

BumbleBee 05:23 AM 05-19-2014
3.5 yo dcb cracked his knuckles & exclaimed: "Woah, I just cracked like a peacock!"

No idea what that means but funny nonetheless
craftymissbeth 06:42 AM 05-22-2014
I have a 2 yo dcg that is constantly asking "who's that?" Or "what's that?". She's usually not genuinely interested in what or who it is, but it's more of just a habit. And it's constant. So I started doing what another member does and started responding with "tacos".

She just looked out the front window and said "he's here!" I asked "who is it?"

Her reply? "Tacos, B!"

oops!
NightOwl 07:45 AM 05-22-2014
Changing the diaper of 15mo old dcb and discovered a single Goldfish cracker right above his little winky. Lolol. He was saving that for later, I guess.
Cradle2crayons 07:46 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Changing the diaper of 15mo old dcb and discovered a single Goldfish cracker right above his little winky. Lolol. He was saving that for later, I guess.
makes total sense to me!! Maybe he'll be a doomsday prepper one day
SilverSabre25 07:29 AM 05-28-2014
"[Child], toenails are icky. You don't need to chew them."
"No, my need eat my toes!"
"No, you really don't need to eat your toenails."
"Yes, I do, my need eat them, they goooood."

he then took his shoes and socks off to chew on his toenails after all. He'll be three next week. Boys are WEIRD.
Luna 10:32 AM 05-28-2014
Me: Let's put on our shoes and go outside now.
Dcg3: I can sing to all the creatures!
Sunshine74 08:21 PM 06-02-2014
DCG (2) put a paper towel tube on her hand, squished the end, and and ran around the yard yelling,

"I'm a hooker!"
2grls4us 06:26 AM 06-04-2014
Dcg (almost 3) is sitting on the sofa with me as I'm flipping channels trying to just find weather for the day. She says " A.. (her name) can't eat fire".
Not sure where that came from.
Going to be a fun day.
BumbleBee 06:51 AM 06-04-2014
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
DCG (2) put a paper towel tube on her hand, squished the end, and and ran around the yard yelling,

"I'm a hooker!"
Rofl-priceless!
Sunshine74 08:24 PM 06-11-2014
DCG1(age 2) was on her hands and knees on the floor, looking for something. DCG2(just turned 3) sat on her back. I was right next to them, so I quickly removed DCG2.

Me: "DCG, it is not ok to sit on your friends."

DCG1: "Yeah, I not a seat. You only sit on seats. Or chairs."
BumbleBee 10:59 AM 06-12-2014
Dcg (13.5 months) wakes up before everybody else. She sleeps in a seperate room in a pnp but still manages to babble loud enough to wake everybody else up. Today, after she fell asleep, I snuck in there & put a few board books in the pnp for her to look at when she woke up-hoping it would keep her quiet for a bit longer. We joke that the only time she's quiet is when she's sleeping or reading.

Anyways, she just woke up and found the books. She let out the cutest little squeal and clapped her hands in excitement. It cracked me up. So far she's still being quiet and I can hear her "reading" to herself & kissing each page (don't ask).
KDC 11:15 AM 06-12-2014
We watch Disney Jr. while people are arriving in the morning, as I was flipping to get there I went past the cooking channel. Bobby Flay was making brunch and my DCK4 says, "Boys don't cook...that's just SILLY!" then he says, "unless it's grilled cheese or cereal, cuz that's what Daddy feeds us when Mom isn't home"
AmyLeigh 09:26 AM 06-17-2014
Dcg, 3.5, was singing Baa, Baa Black Sheep to me this morning:

"One for my monster, one for my dane,"

Too cute.
SilverSabre25 12:56 PM 06-17-2014
5 yo is telling the 3 yo about the waterpark he evidently went to this weekend. The waterpark has water. And waterfaults.
Sugar Magnolia 05:57 PM 06-27-2014
We do a lot of spontaneous stuff, based on kids interests. Today was robots. For fun, I download the cheesy 80's song "Mr. Roboto" by Styx and attempted the robot dance moves. Now, hours later, I have a serious ear worm. And a 4 year old went home.saying Domo Arigoto and proclaiming "I'm Kilroy!"
Controlled Chaos 10:38 PM 07-03-2014
All the kids are playing dress up and wearing different butterfly, fairy wings etc. DCB 1 says - I am hawkman! DCB 2 says - I am hawkman! DCB1 says we can both be hawkman because 2 guys can get married. Let's go fight bad guys!

I was dying! It made my heart happy He just got back from his Uncles' wedding
Michelle 06:36 AM 07-09-2014
Last night, I took my own dd and her best friend to the park at 1145 at night it's her birthday and we wanted to "swing into being 11 years old" I'm weird

Anyways, I was the troll on the bridge and wouldn't let them pass and we ran around in the dark and had a good time, then the sprinklers turned on so I said to them " I bet you can't run through the sprinklers!"
without missing a beat they took off and did it!

It was so funny because these are very well mannered, think it through, mature young ladies that just got to go crazy last night after all the pressure of rules, school, what people will think, etc.

We came home wet, laughing and just so happy
This was eqivalent to a year of therapy for me!
DaveA 12:35 PM 08-01-2014
The ducks and chickens got out this morning while daycare was outside. So for 30 minutes my (thankfully fenced) backyard was a swirling mass of 3 chickens, 4 ducks, and 5 kids. Never did figure out who was chasing who
Unregistered 11:08 AM 08-02-2014
My laugh this week comes from my almost 2 year old daycare girl. She is newer, busy and not a snuggle bug. So when she plunked in my lap for a moment it was sweet. She leans back against my chest, then swiftly turns around puzzled. She yanks my shirt down with one hand, starts reaching down with the other hand, with head peering in - while loudly pondering "WHATCHA GOT DOWN THERE?"

At least it wasn't at pick up time
Cat Herder 10:22 AM 08-13-2014
DCM text: "Going to be a couple minutes late picking up. I am so sorry."

Me: "Take your time, no hurry "

DCM: "Ooo, burn!! Nice try sista. lol See you in a bit!!"

I love my clients...
Play Care 11:37 AM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
DCM text: "Going to be a couple minutes late picking up. I am so sorry."

Me: "Take your time, no hurry "

DCM: "Ooo, burn!! Nice try sista. lol See you in a bit!!"

I love my clients...
Lucky duck! Mine would think I meant it
NightOwl 11:39 AM 08-13-2014
Installed new wood floors recently. Today we discovered just how smooth they are and just how far/fast each child can slide.

Many, many times.
Luna 05:51 AM 08-19-2014
I'm reading Beverly Cleary's "Henry and the Clubhouse", written in 1962, to the kids during meals. They have lots and lots of questions.
"What's a typewriter?"
"Why didn't Henry use his cellphone to call somebody for help when he was trapped in the clubhouse?"
"Why are kids going out trick or treating by themselves?"
"Kids can ride in the back of a pickup truck?"
"Who is the milkman?"
"Why is a kindergartener going to her friends house without an adult?"
...and so on, but my favourite:
"Can you please pause the book while I go to the washroom?"

Rockgirl 07:27 AM 08-19-2014
I'm reading Beverly Cleary's "Henry and the Clubhouse", written in 1962, to the kids during meals. They have lots and lots of questions.
"What's a typewriter?"
"Why didn't Henry use his cellphone to call somebody for help when he was trapped in the clubhouse?"
"Why are kids going out trick or treating by themselves?"
"Kids can ride in the back of a pickup truck?"
"Who is the milkman?"
"Why is a kindergartener going to her friends house without an adult?"
...and so on, but my favourite:
"Can you please pause the book while I go to the washroom?"
Oh, this is great!
drseuss 09:02 AM 08-19-2014
One of my littles is just about to turn three and she is in full swing with the terrible threes right now. She does all sorts of impish little things, and when she is bordering on naughty, she will abruptly stop what she is doing and say That's Enough. I die every time.
Unregistered 03:13 AM 08-22-2014
It was fun reading all the above posts. Sometimes there is a lot of humour in what kids do and the way they talk. Here is something funny I experienced. My daughter Lauren is only 2 years old and we have put her ina child care centre( www.weewatch.com) . It happens to be that she has a clsoe friend there who is actually French. The other kid is bigger than her but I've seen that these two get along very well. Lauren has just strated talking a few words and BAM there it is. She knows more French than English. We owe it to her French buddy's effort. It is really funny when I try talking to her in hope of making her talk, and there she goes talking wierd french words. Sometimes it's irritating too, I admit.
hoopinglady 08:51 PM 08-22-2014
We had an ice cream party for daycare family's last day today.

me: sweetie, he said he wanted the hot fudge next, you jumped in line.

dcg: she didn't jump.

me: metaphorically speaking...

dcb: forks don't speak!

ha! classic.
Unregistered 12:15 PM 09-03-2014
Registered member but logged out for privacy.

DC Boy 3.5 came in Hello Kitty underwear today.

Didn't have any clue and proceeded to do a frantic search 5 minutes before pick-up searching for "boy" underwear.

Checked the bathroom, the shower, the toilet, the trash can. Also checked each of my potty-trained children to see if a switch-a-roo happened.

I made DCB take off the underwear.

Embarrassed, I had to tell mom that we seem to have lost his underwear and what color/kind did he come in wearing today so I could keep an eye out.

DCM: "Oh that's okay. We seem to lose underwear all the time at home, too. He should've been wearing pink Hello Kitty underwear with a purple trim on them."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
AmyLeigh 03:24 PM 09-08-2014
Conversation this morning...

Me: So, did you eat breakfast this morning?
4yo dcg: Yes! (big grin)
Me: Great! What did you eat?
dcg: (looking confused) Hmmm, I dunno, maybe broccoli?

Sunshine74 09:42 PM 09-20-2014
One of our dcg's was recently in a wedding, and one of my co-workers from another room was talking to her about it the other day when we were having snack, and my co-worker she was on her break. She asked her if she wore a pretty dress, did she look like a princess, etc.

Well one of our other dcg's was listening. She looked up at another girl who was sitting across the table (not the one who was in the wedding) and casually commented, "M, you look like a princess..... but you're not." And then just went back to eating her snack. It was so random.
racemom 12:04 PM 10-03-2014
We were outside the other day and it started to sprinkle, just a few drops, and one of the 3 year old boys told me it was raining. I said oh is it. One of our just 4 year old girls said "D, in real life." She was so serious I had to hide my smile.
jgcp 02:08 PM 10-08-2014
So dck family always ALWAYS bring him with two or three cups of juice... only juice. Never water or milk. Well today DCM walks in with a cup and bottle of pedilite, so I ask if he's not feeling good? Dcm says " no I just ran out of juice and this was all I had" really , REALLY?? 1. Hi, I have juice 2. Ever hear of water or milk? I laughed after she left. Anyone else find this weird or is this a normal thing parents give their children? Haha
NeedaVaca 11:32 AM 10-09-2014
Dcg just got back from visiting relatives, she is telling me all about her trip and said she saw her great grandma and her not so great grandma! She meant a great grandma and a grandma but it seriously cracked me up
Blackcat31 02:04 PM 10-16-2014
We had a visit from our local fire department today. Two firemen and a great big ladder truck.

The kids were so excited!!

The fireman is getting dressed up in his gear and explaining to the kids how he is still the same person even though he looks and sounds different in all his gear.
He gets down on the ground on all fours and begins to crawl....demonstrating to the kids what he might look like in a fire.

The WHOLE time he is talking one of my Chatty-Cathy's (age 4) has her hand raised.
I remind the kids that there will be time for a Q & A's after the firemen are done talking.

Chatty Cathy continues to raise her hand.....waving it frantically.

The second fire fighter starts talking with the kids about what to do if there is a fire...stop, drop and roll and how to get out etc.... (first fireman is taking off all the heavy gear) while the kids listen...

....Chatty Cathy is still waving her hand even more fervently than before.

Next the firemen tells the kids they can get into the fire truck and check it out if they want to. He tells them they can push the buttons for the lights and sirens...

Chatty Cathy is still waving....

Fireman tells the kids if they want to find a seat, he will take them for a ride around the block...

Chatty Cathy is getting REALLY impatient now...

Fireman starts talking to me, while the kids who want to go for a ride are getting situated.

Chatty Cathy seems to have given up now and is climbing into the fire truck.

Fireman leans over towards me and says he thinks one of my kids might "have made a little stinky" during the presentation.

Chatty Cathy sighs and says in a deflated voice "It's you. (to the fireman) You crawled in dog **** when you had your mask on. I tried to tell you."

Yes, she actually said ****. and she was correct.

Apparently, a neighbor allowed their dog to do it's business in my yard and failed to pick it up.

Fireman crawled right through it all while on hands and knees.....

Wonder if they'll come back next year?
NeedaVaca 02:31 PM 10-16-2014
That's HILARIOUS!
Leigh 05:44 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We had a visit from our local fire department today. Two firemen and a great big ladder truck.

The fireman is getting dressed up in his gear and explaining to the kids how he is still the same person even though he looks and sounds different in all his gear.
He gets down on the ground on all fours and begins to crawl....demonstrating to the kids what he might look like in a fire.

The WHOLE time he is talking one of my Chatty-Cathy's (age 4) has her hand raised.
I remind the kids that there will be time for a Q & A's after the firemen are done talking.

The second fire fighter starts talking with the kids about what to do if there is a fire...stop, drop and roll and how to get out etc.... (first fireman is taking off all the heavy gear) while the kids listen...

Next the firemen tells the kids they can get into the fire truck and check it out if they want to. He tells them they can push the buttons for the lights and sirens...

Fireman tells the kids if they want to find a seat, he will take them for a ride around the block...

Fireman starts talking to me, while the kids who want to go for a ride are getting situated.

Fireman leans over towards me and says he thinks one of my kids might "have made a little stinky" during the presentation.

Chatty Cathy sighs and says in a deflated voice "It's you. (to the fireman) You crawled in dog **** when you had your mask on. I tried to tell you."

Apparently, a neighbor allowed their dog to do it's business in my yard and failed to pick it up.

SO funny!
BumbleBee 05:45 PM 10-16-2014
I so needed that laugh today BC!
Luna 10:07 AM 10-17-2014
Dcg3 was in the bathroom with me while I brushed my teeth. I told her I needed to use the potty so please give me some privacy.
"Sure! Where are they?"
Josiegirl 10:49 AM 10-17-2014
I'm dyin' here BC. I want to bust out laughing but refuse to wake up sleeping kids.
Sunshine74 11:07 AM 10-17-2014
Dcg3 was in the bathroom with me while I brushed my teeth. I told her I needed to use the potty so please give me some privacy.
"Sure! Where are they?"
When my friend's son was little he always wanted " some tunes" except he thought it was something you could physically hold.
Rockgirl 11:03 AM 11-06-2014
I was taking down Halloween decorations Monday in the playroom, and 2 yo dcb asked why. I said, "Because Halloween is over." Then I realized our wall clock hadn't been turned back an hour yet. Same dcb asked why I had taken down the clock. I told him I needed to change it. He looked puzzled and said, "Because clock is over?"
melilley 11:14 AM 11-06-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Too funny!
melilley 12:02 PM 11-06-2014
Dcm came in this morning and told me a funny story about dcb.

She said that although she doesn't like dcb to watch tv, that she had a lot to do the other day so she let him. Well there's a commercial on where a little boy goes poo on the potty and he says something like "Look mom, I made poo" (not the words, but I can't remember them). It came on once and then a few minutes later the same commercial came on.

Dcb tells dcm "Mom, that boy had to go potty again!"

I thought it was funny!
Unregistered 04:52 AM 11-10-2014
Dcm dropped dcg off and she joins the others 3 dcks playing play dough at the table. Everyone is playing quietly and contently (for once) dcm is leaving and says "oh I'm so jealous you get to stay home all day and play!" *insert huge eye roll* me "if you ever wanna take a turn and try your more then welcome" and this is my dcm that if she has a day off still has the dcg here by 7:40 as mom shows up in pjs to drop off lol oh some people!
BumbleBee 08:05 PM 11-15-2014
Dcb, age 3, was 'reading' a book to dcg, age 2.75. As he's reading dcg says, frantically "Go back, go back! You missed a page!" Dcb looks at her and replies "I know, I'm reading like Miss ***(me) does."

He's onto me!
AmyLeigh 05:58 PM 11-17-2014
2 dcgs, both 4 yo princesses, having a conversation about the play jewelry they had chosen
G1: (holding a bracelet) This is mine.
G2: (holding a necklace) No, this is mine.
G1: No, this is mine. (holding bracelet higher)
G2: No, this is mine. (holding necklace higher)

And on and on until I had to stop them. I was laughing and shaking my head at the same time. These two might drive me nuts before they go to school next year.
Sunchimes 07:18 PM 11-17-2014
DCB, 2, did a good job cleaning up today, and I held up my hand and said, "Give me 5". He held up his right hand, and I said, "No, that hand", pointing to his left hand. He's a stroke survivor and needs to use his left hand more, but it is apparently sensitive so he doesn't like it touched. I held up my hand and repeated the whole scene again. The next time, he looked at me then used his right hand to high five his own left hand. :-)
DaveA 12:03 PM 11-19-2014
I use our cable's Children's Music channel as a change of pace from our usual lullaby cds. It just went out for about 30 seconds and came back on- playing "Baby Got Back" (the "I like big butts" song for those who don't know it).

Lasted about a minute before dropping back off. Oops
Rockgirl 03:17 PM 11-24-2014
I started putting a casserole together for dinner, and had a few kids coloring at the table. Kindergarten girl was asking me what it was, how I was making it, etc. She said, "One time, our mom MADE us dinner, instead of just going to get something!"
Annalee 06:52 PM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by rockgirl:
i started putting a casserole together for dinner, and had a few kids coloring at the table. Kindergarten girl was asking me what it was, how i was making it, etc. She said, "one time, our mom made us dinner, instead of just going to get something!"
this makes me sad!
Rockgirl 08:29 PM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
this makes me sad!
I can see that side of it, too, but I know it wasn't literally "one time". The mom has mentioned having meals in the crock pot from time to time. Also, the dad is a high school coach, and the whole family goes to his games, so I know they're busy.
Sunshine74 11:16 AM 11-27-2014
Dcg (age 3) was picked up by her grandpa yesterday. She was so excited, and after talking him about her day said, "Papa, tomorrow, I mean in the future, could you please take me to Toys 'R' Us?" Where do they come up with these things?
daycarediva 11:12 AM 12-17-2014
Dcg4 and dcb4 are swinging. They are going the same speed and up/back at the same time.

Dcg announces "We're married!"
"Dcb adds "Miss -, we're married swingers!"

Rockgirl 03:12 PM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Dcg4 and dcb4 are swinging. They are going the same speed and up/back at the same time.

Dcg announces "We're married!"
"Dcb adds "Miss -, we're married swingers!"

This literally made me LOL!
SignMeUp 08:06 AM 12-29-2014
Surprise! P-Mom is on vacation in the tropics this week. Child was brought by grandparent. There were no authorizations signed for alternative pick-up people. They brought me a Christmas gift, a stack of used books. Two of them have my name on them . Apparently I lent them to her at some point - I don't even remember. Merry Christmas to me! From me
Shell 08:14 AM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
Surprise! P-Mom is on vacation in the tropics this week. Child was brought by grandparent. There were no authorizations signed for alternative pick-up people. They brought me a Christmas gift, a stack of used books. Two of them have my name on them . Apparently I lent them to her at some point - I don't even remember. Merry Christmas to me! From me
Wow! How generous to re-gift all that stuff
SignMeUp 08:19 AM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by Shell:
Wow! How generous to re-gift all that stuff
I know, right?
P-Mom is the gift that keeps that keeps on giving
daycarediva 09:39 AM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:

she is something else!!!
DaveA 08:13 AM 12-31-2014
The way-too-cute infant that my wife LOVES playing with came in a tshirt today that reads "Dude! You're girlfriend keeps checking me out!"
daycarediva 09:59 AM 12-31-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
The way-too-cute infant that my wife LOVES playing with came in a tshirt today that reads "Dude! You're girlfriend keeps checking me out!"
CUTE!!! I got a breastfeeding dcm a onesie that says "I get more boob action than Daddy."
BumbleBee 02:03 PM 12-31-2014
Christmas trivia question: In what country did the advent calendar originate?

8 year old's answer: China - cause the side of the box says "made in China"

I was laughing so hard I was almost crying.
Turquoise14 11:17 AM 01-02-2015
I have a drop in sa boy here because of a teacher in service day. (Side note, definitely not takings him next school year. Throws everything off to have one big kid here.) He is all kinds of showing me things that aren't impressive and telling the others things that are obvious. It's a lot of "look at his!" And he'll jump or something. He also likes to be the expert on all things and act like nobody else knows anything. "Do you see that stuff over there? That's dirt." It is really cracking me up inside. Kids. They are something else.
Sunshine74 08:47 PM 01-02-2015
Christmas trivia question: In what country did the advent calendar originate?

8 year old's answer: China - cause the side of the box says "made in China"

I was laughing so hard I was almost crying.
That's pretty funny.

I had to look up the answer myself... lol.
Controlled Chaos 09:45 AM 01-03-2015

deliberateliterate 10:28 AM 01-05-2015
I have a new DCG3. It's her first day today, and she's already been through 2 pairs of paints and underwear. Neither were actual accidents, she just clearly didn't want to stop playing, and had small leaks before running to the bathroom. No big deal, except mom only sent 1 change of clothes. I put her in my son's pants, but no underwear.

"These pants are touching my 'gina"
Luna 10:45 AM 01-05-2015
DCG walked into the kitchen with me to make snack and said, "It's pretty foody in here!"
_Dana_ 12:49 PM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by deliberateliterate:
"These pants are touching my 'gina"
Reminds me of my kids. They learned that boys have penises and girls have vaginas, but they couldn't pronounce vagina properly. They would say china. So imagine their surprise when we actually met some people from China! They were dumbfounded and had lots of questions when we got home!

I'm just glad that they waited to ask the questions until we got home!
KIDZRMYBIZ 09:35 AM 01-14-2015
DCB's bday is coming up soon, so kids are discussing venues. Other DCB says that when it's his bday, it won't be at Chuck E Cheese "cuz my mom and dad don't know how to get there." Will have to let DCM know that this for her DS, that is a totally valid reason not to go take DCB anywhere that is too expensive or not somewhere she wants to go!
hope 12:25 PM 01-15-2015
Dcm tells me that dcd is going away for a week on business and there is no way she can possibly take care of her two children by herself. She said she would like to hire help at home that week and asked if I knew of anyone. I found this hilarious because I had 5 plus my own that whole day. I figured this would be a great opportunity for my assistant to make some extra money so I asked her if she was interested. I warned her about how crazy this dcm can be. She is very sensitive and takes everything personal and is always on the attack. Assistant laughed at me and said "i work at a nursing home and deal with some real mental illnesses. This will be a piece of cake!". I had to laugh at the irony of me thinking the dcm's struggle was Laughable and then my assistant thinking my dealings with dcm is easy peasy. I eill not be so quick to judge next time.
sahm1225 12:31 PM 01-15-2015
I cut up some veggies for snack and set up a veggie tray. I keep hearing the kids giggle and talk about the funny spicy tasting apple. I stop and just stare at them, thinking to myself "But I only gave them vegetables". I see them passing around a radish and each kid taking a bite and whispering to the child next to them that "Miss XXXX, gave us a bad apple!" I couldn't stop laughing!
Rockgirl 12:36 PM 01-15-2015
DCG walked into the kitchen with me to make snack and said, "It's pretty foody in here!"
This cracked me up!
BumbleBee 11:11 AM 01-30-2015
I just told my 3 school age dck (7, 9, 10.5):

"Popcorn goes in your mouth, NOT in your pants."

Then I had to chuckle to myself at how ODD that sounds!
Unregistered 04:55 PM 01-30-2015
As I changed my baby boy today I looked down in horror at his poor little wee-wee.
It looked like his foreskin was peeling off. I froze, not knowing what to do.
On closer inspection - it was a Cheerio.
Cradle2crayons 12:21 PM 02-16-2015
10.5 years ago, my daughters Autism and ADHD specialist recommended a service dog for her. We welcomed Roxie into our home. She's a Jack Rat. 2 years later we added a weenie dog. Wham Bam during a move, she went into heat and WHAMO we had puppies. We wanted to keep the runt but we had so much chaos we gave her to my bestie's daughter for her sweet 16 birthday.

Fast forward to Jan 2nd of this year, that little runt had puppies. Welcome, Runt Boy and Runt Girl .. they are our GRANDPUPPIES. We never thought it would happen but with the ages of the grandma and grandpa, we thought it was time to train a new ESD and we wanted Roxie to help with the training.

No names yet... but they have already, on day 3, become perfectly meshed with our family. They only weigh in at a whopping 500 g (boy) and 650 g (girl) respectively...

First picture is them together eating.... keep in mind this food bowl is the tiniest one you can buy... and each pup will fit in a side.. as a matter of fact.. length including tail is about a kids size 2 shoe... and their neck circumference is about the size of a quarter!! They will be smaller than mama Roxie... but the grandpa weenie dog had a LOT of black and tan in his pedigree. Puppies mama was like a teeny weenie dog but black/tan and white.. these don't have white though....

Second picture is of Grandma Roxie and Grandpa Shorty checking them out.
Attached: IMG_0179.jpg (89.3 KB) IMG_0162.jpg (101.7 KB) 
DaveA 11:08 AM 02-24-2015
DCM has a real wicked sense of humor. Dropped off her school ager this morning and dead serious tells me "This situation is all your fault" and proceeds to start griping without saying what the "situation" is. About the time I can finally get a word in she starts laughing. Turns out the problem is the new bus schedule gives her time to stop & get coffee or breakfast before work. She's gained 7 pounds since the change. Her response was "I have to blame SOMEONE!" According to her the look on my face was priceless. I bit hook line and sinker. I'm thinking about giving her kids a mountain dew & pixie sticks as a surprise tonight to take home.
Play Care 11:28 AM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
As I changed my baby boy today I looked down in horror at his poor little wee-wee.
It looked like his foreskin was peeling off. I froze, not knowing what to do.
On closer inspection - it was a Cheerio.
I just saw this!!

Blackcat31 12:39 PM 02-24-2015
My DH and I joke around at lunch with the kids calling them Mr Jones, Miss Smith etc...

One little guy (age 4) was being silly and giggling with his table mates so my DH says to him:

"What's so funny Mr Erickson?"

and daycare boy replies "Can you stop calling me names?"

My DH says "That IS your name"
Rockgirl 02:59 PM 02-24-2015
The kids were having cinnamon toast waffles for snack today.

Dcb: You smell like waffles.
Dcg: No, you smell like waffles.
Dcb: YOU smell like waffles!
Dcg: NOOO!!!
Dcb: Okay, fine. You smell like beef and cheese.

They are two years old! Lol
Peaches 03:02 PM 03-04-2015
When telling a DCD how son's day went, I proceeded to say "he sure like his balls" instead of the boy really likes to play ball. So embarrassed... Just had to share.
Play Care 04:47 PM 03-04-2015
Today while picking up 4yo DCG from preschool "There's Kiley! She's my friend cuz we have the same boots!"
Unregistered 09:53 AM 03-12-2015
Dcb 2 1/3, dcg 4, 3 and 2 were all playing house and dcb needed his bum changed. I took him in and he yells to the girls. "Don't worry daddy will be back in a minute, daddy is just gerorble his bum changed" LOL I laughed my butt off and he looked at me serious as can be and said "what I'm the dad"

Then I was making lunch and feeling very tired I've had some person things happen lately. My hair was a mess and dcg4 looks at me and says your a pretty I like your hair. Ahhhh reminds me why I like working with littles!
Annalee 11:34 AM 03-12-2015
Dcg3 asked dcg4 if she could read spanish (the book she had was in spanish). The dcg4 said "no, but xxdcg can, let's go get her".....out of the mouths of babes...so cute!
Controlled Chaos 01:08 PM 03-13-2015
I was talking to a dcm about how it is hard for me to switch the tone of my voice sometimes when talking to grown ups and I worry about sounding condescending since I literally talk down to children all day. Dcm told me that she and her husband were having an argument the other night and he looks at her super frustrated and says "Don't you use that Ms. K's voice on me!" I have become fighting words in the house of my dcfs So awkward
Laura5287 05:54 PM 03-14-2015
I didn't have the chance to get on here the other day but my three year old daycare child was eating lunch. He stopped, looked around and sang....
1, 2, 3, 4 let me take a selfie. I just about fell off the chair from laughing. And that was the song for the day!
DaveA 01:03 PM 03-17-2015
2 year old DCB just was singing

A B C D E F G.....
How I wonder what you are.....
Momma called the Doctor and the Doctor said......
4 little duckies came waddling back>

Too darn cute
Rockgirl 03:04 PM 03-17-2015
2 year old DCB just was singing

A B C D E F G.....
How I wonder what you are.....
Momma called the Doctor and the Doctor said......
4 little duckies came waddling back>

Too darn cute
A medley!
mommiebookworm 09:40 AM 03-23-2015
The kids are quite content playing with the sensory bin of beans, when I hear my dd ask "what would you like to drink?" And dcb answers "a beer!" I thought it was funny!
Sunshine74 09:57 AM 03-23-2015
I thought of this the other day when we were on a walk and the whole group of eight 2 year olds gathered around an apparently fascinating....... piece of plastic on the sidewalk.
Bookworm 06:09 PM 04-02-2015
What DCG4 MEANT to say: "My mommy and daddy and baby brother put my stuff in our room."

What DCG4 ACTUALLY said: My daddy was putting my baby brother in my mommy in our room."

I had to go behind the door and laugh.
Sunshine74 08:30 PM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
What DCG4 MEANT to say: "My mommy and daddy and baby brother put my stuff in our room."

What DCG4 ACTUALLY said: My daddy was putting my baby brother in my mommy in our room."

I had to go behind the door and laugh.
I don't know if I would make it behind the door.

It reminds me of the time when DCG2 was trying to say she saw her sister in the hallway, but it somehow came out "sticker."
Then she put her hands on her hips, tilted her head said said, "Did I just say sticker?"
Tags:cute, funny, happy, inspirational topic, positive, sweet
First ... 4 5 6 7 8  ... Last
Reply Up