Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can I brag for a minute
daycare 12:21 PM 08-22-2014
I am not one to brag, but something just happened and I am feeling so good about it that I wanted to share.

Right now I have 2 kids here while their school is closed. It will open back up next week. they have been drop in over the summer.

these two families enrolled their kids with me 2 years ago, had them in my program about 8-9 months and then they left to go to the super expensive academy school that cost about 1900a month.

Ok on with the bragging now....lol

all of my 4 year olds can read easy readers. Today we went over our "at" family words....
cat ,fat ,mat, hat ,sat and etc....I even had a 3 year old read them.....

Well these two kids who are older from the "private academy", both 5 could not read the words or even know the letter sounds/sight. They also did not know what vowels were.

So I was excited..........................maybe I am just being mean....lol

Nannyde is right, I need to raise my rates....
spinnymarie 12:22 PM 08-22-2014

melilley 12:26 PM 08-22-2014

I would feel the same way! It's always nice when we see evidence that the children do learn at our homes. Pricey, schmicey isn't always better!
daycare 12:28 PM 08-22-2014
thanks ladies....

we all know how thankless this job is and I am sure that parents won't care one bit.......

Of course, I would never say anything to the other kids parents that they could not read the words..

But yes, you guys are right.....we are proof that they don't need to attend a million dollar program to get the learning....

and we all celebrated today with a fishing party...

yup real fish...... I bought those cheap feeders and we caught them with small nets.....

boy was that a blast
CraftyMom 12:51 PM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:

and we all celebrated today with a fishing party...

yup real fish...... I bought those cheap feeders and we caught them with small nets.....

boy was that a blast
I need to know more about this fishing party! My kids would LOVE that!
midaycare 01:24 PM 08-22-2014
Great job!!!
spud912 01:31 PM 08-22-2014
Wow that's great! Yes, you should raise your rates
KiddieCahoots 01:37 PM 08-22-2014
Way to go Daycare!!! .........
daycare 01:39 PM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I need to know more about this fishing party! My kids would LOVE that!
it was actually a blast...

I filled two large kiddie pools feeder fish... i gave them little nets that I bought at the dollar store/....

they stood outside the pool and caught them with the nets...

then they transferred them to a fish bowl. most of the parents knew about this party and will get to take them home.......i hope they don't die
sahm1225 08:37 PM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
it was actually a blast...

I filled two large kiddie pools feeder fish... i gave them little nets that I bought at the dollar store/....

they stood outside the pool and caught them with the nets...

then they transferred them to a fish bowl. most of the parents knew about this party and will get to take them home.......i hope they don't die
We actually did that for my ds birthday when he turned 2! We still have the goldfish & my ds is almost 7.

Unfortunately most fish died on the car ride home

But there's still 2 other fish from our party that are still alive. The kids still talk about that party & going s
Fishing!
Josiegirl 03:36 AM 08-23-2014
Cool, Daycare!
It's interesting how kids learn. I have 2 dcks entering 1st grade this year. One is just learning the simple words. One is a very good reader. The important thing is they enjoy it and keep learning.
Reply Up