Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>3 Yrs Old and Night Time Sleeplessness
Unregistered 05:39 AM 08-22-2014
One of my families little boy does not sleep! here I do put him down for nap. He has his blankie (which he stuffs into his mouth--has been his comfort since before I've had him) and he is usually at least quiet and sometimes too sctive....still in a pan. There must nothing for him to play with here....shoes are are big source of throwing if I forget. He can stamp that floor like a marching band....so here he has his 'nap time' like they all do.At home at night from what I have been told he is in a big boy bed....there is at least a chest and lamp and some toys cause when I asked about toys( no toys no play during sleep time) she said there had to something in there or he'd be climbing the chest and mess with the lamp.I've been told too that the dad has gone into the room to lay on floor which makes boy want to play....they another child 11 mos younger who's sleep is now being interrupted by AWAKE boy.They have been told he has large adenoids(which I can tell cause he's a mouth breather and snores..the parenst tell me/ can't eat with mouth closed....was in group care and always sick/ got ear tubes...now not so much.What can they do? I also feel they never made it clear that sleep time is when you are quiet and leave others alone......take everything out of his room except bed and bedding!!!!Thanks on their behalf.
sahm1225 12:10 PM 08-22-2014
I'm not sure what your question is?
midaycare 12:17 PM 08-22-2014
No ideas! Maybe Nannyde?
lorie 09:40 PM 08-14-2017
Have you tried holding "cool down" activities before the nap time? Maybe have the kids read some book, or you read to them, or other less exciting activities. This should put them to sleep more easily.

Also, turn most ambience light off and keep only the task lights on while doing this. I heard bright light makes us more active, so I'd suggest start dimming the lights about 30 minutes before the nap time, and turn them completely off when the kids are sleeping. If the kids are not used to complete darkness, keep only some of the dim lights on. It's best if they're in low color temperature (2500K - 3000K), which are proved to be better for sleep than the blueish white or full spectrum light.
mommyneedsadayoff 08:14 AM 08-15-2017
all those issues are behavioral, not sleep related. He needs to be run ragged, so he is tired at nap or bed time, then it is time to be firm and tough. Throwing things, climbing furniture??? Um, no. Mom and dad will have to figure out how to be tough at home, but at dc, he needs to know you are not messing around. If it becomes an issue of him being too disruptive, I would end care, as a quiet rest time is required here.

Whoops! Old post, so never mind! lol
ColorfulSunburst 11:53 AM 08-15-2017
when my 3.5-4 yo kids began to skip nap time, I added "army camp" to our outside time. The problem was solved.
Tags:2014, 3 years old, disruptive napping, sleep - aids, sleep issues
Reply Up