Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So how would you do this?
Thriftylady 06:26 PM 08-24-2014
I have an interview tomorrow, I will also have grandson until my son gets off work to get him. DS works 4 AM to 4 PM so he brings grandson over in the evening so he doesn't have to wake him. I don't have any daycare kids yet, just grandson who isn't here all the time. Would you mention he is grandson or would you just act like he is a daycare kiddo? I guess I wonder what looks better lol. Eventually any family that uses me will know he is my grandson, and probably guess that I keep him for free (although I am not going to say it because it isn't anyone's business). I am just not sure how I want tomorrow to flow.
hope 06:32 PM 08-24-2014
No need to say who he is but I don't see anything wrong with them knowing he is your grandson. The fact that you take good care of him is all that matters.
craftymissbeth 07:21 PM 08-24-2014
My two nephews are part of my daycare gang and I don't tell anyone. It's none of their business
midaycare 08:48 PM 08-24-2014
I wouldn't say anything. I keep all that info confidential, anyway.
Laurel 04:20 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I have an interview tomorrow, I will also have grandson until my son gets off work to get him. DS works 4 AM to 4 PM so he brings grandson over in the evening so he doesn't have to wake him. I don't have any daycare kids yet, just grandson who isn't here all the time. Would you mention he is grandson or would you just act like he is a daycare kiddo? I guess I wonder what looks better lol. Eventually any family that uses me will know he is my grandson, and probably guess that I keep him for free (although I am not going to say it because it isn't anyone's business). I am just not sure how I want tomorrow to flow.
I would just introduce him as your grandson and say he spent the night last night. My grandkids were in my daycare for free. No one mentioned it. They knew. In fact, because of them calling me grandma, all the kids did.

Laurel
sharlan 08:40 AM 08-25-2014
I've never found it to be a big deal.

I always introduce my grandkids as such.
AmyKidsCo 08:58 AM 08-25-2014
I do introduce them as my grandchildren. For one thing, the cat will be let out of the bag when they call me "Grandma!" Also, one set of grandkids are dropped off before open hours while the other granddaughter is usually here after closing time and I don't want any families thinking that I'm not firm about my open/closing times. (I am, just not with family. )
Thriftylady 02:26 PM 08-25-2014
Well I told her he was my grandson. Couldn't help it when 9 month old spoiled, whiney grandson fell in love with her just turned one year old and they played so awesome. She wanted the spot and I gave it to her. Short afternoons, willing to pay full price! She works at 3 PM, and dad has odd hours but will pick up by 9 every night, many days earlier since he sets his own schedule mostly. And the fact that mr. cranky was so happy with him, well I had to have him lol. I don't have the grandson that much, but the change in him with another here was just so amazing. I am only worried that her job is a temp type thing and she is looking for something else, will still need care but who knows what hours. She got sent home today because it is a small company and they were having issues. But I guess since she is willing to pay my rate it must not be to huge a deal.
Reply Up