Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Are The Threads That Include Pics Of Playrooms?
cheerfuldom 09:35 AM 02-28-2012
Tried to search for it and couldn't find them....
Cat Herder 10:50 AM 02-28-2012
I added tags that link to several.
cheerfuldom 11:47 AM 02-28-2012
thanks! appreciate it
Cat Herder 11:59 AM 02-28-2012
Sure!!!

Tags are the only way I have been able to find exactly what I was looking for MANY times.

I wish everyone would tag their posts.... It would make looking stuff up SOOO much easier.
Heidi 12:09 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Sure!!!

Tags are the only way I have been able to find exactly what I was looking for MANY times.

I wish everyone would tag their posts.... It would make looking stuff up SOOO much easier.
Lesson please??????

never mind, figured it out on my own! You just hit "edit tags" on the bottom, and it's self explanitory. Should we do this every time we post????
Michael 12:27 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
Lesson please??????

never mind, figured it out on my own! You just hit "edit tags" on the bottom, and it's self explanitory. Should we do this every time we post????
It is helpful if you do. Most of what is being asked in threads already has a related tag. It's almost like a game tagging threads. When you start to place a tag, a dropdown will appear with related tags. Choose from the ones that are already in the system. The only shortfall is the dropdown only shows around ten tags. I know the tag "deduction" has over 40 and many do not appear in the dropdown until you almost write the whole word suggestion like "deduction - home improvement". After a while you'll get the hang of it. Google loves to index our tags.

Big NO NO: misspelled tags. Make sure the word/tag is spelled correctly or it will clutter up the dropdown and dilute the results.
Cat Herder 12:28 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
Should we do this every time we post????
I do....

I am not a mod.... but it definitely helps me find what I am looking for.

I have to write "papers" on different childcare topics as homework and am collecting differing views...
Blackcat31 12:37 PM 02-28-2012
Taken from the general "how to" section of the forum:

Tags
What are tags?

Tags are a useful way to search for threads with similar subject matter and content. This complements the normal search system, which searches only for certain words or phrases and/or posts by specific users.

To use tags, you add words or phrases to threads to help describe the content. For instance, if the subject matter is 'photography' then you can add the tag 'photography' to the tag list. But you could also add tags like 'digital image', and 'camera' (depending, of course, on the nature of the thread).

This will categorize this thread with all other threads that have matching tags, whether or not they have the word 'photography' in them.

Who adds the tags?

Tags are initially added to threads by the user who started the thread. Other users may also be able to add and remove tags.

How do I use tags?

Tags are displayed in a box near the bottom of a thread page. Clicking on a tag will allow you to view other threads that have the same tag - and which may be related. Clicking on the word 'Tags' in the top of the box will take you to an overview page with a 'tag cloud.'

This cloud allows you to see which tags are the most popular - the larger the word, the more times it has been used on threads within the board. There is also another tag cloud on the advanced search page that shows you the tags that have been searched for (or clicked on) the most. https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php
Michael 12:45 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I do....

I am not a mod.... but it definitely helps me find what I am looking for.

I have to write "papers" on different childcare topics as homework and am collecting differing views...
Would you like to be a Mod. I can make that happen.
Cat Herder 12:50 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
Would you like to be a Mod. I can make that happen.
I am honestly terrified to.....

I would have no idea what to do....

I have just mastered "user" status after a year or so....
Michael 01:27 PM 02-28-2012
haha, well there is not much to it unless you have the need to do more. You could just approve a moderated thread or comment that is awaiting approval or delete a spam. That kind of stuff.

We have several mods here. Some that are titled or some that don't want to be outed as Mods
They actually keep the forum looking good and active. You can always PM me if interested.
Tags:layout, picture, playroom, playroom ideas, playroom layout
Reply Up