Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Does Everyone Nap?
Bella99 05:17 PM 03-26-2012
Where do your DCkids nap?

I heard someone say babies/toddlers sleep in play yard type things. (Pack n Play is what they're called in the US?)

Where do your olders nap? Like 3-5?

ETA ; I mean on what.. cots or foams or blankets..maybe single beds? lol
BigMama 05:36 PM 03-26-2012
My infants and young toddlers sleep in Pack and Plays. They used to be referred to as "play pens" but I guess that is politically incorrect now I wouldn't refer to it as a play yard though - to me a play yard refers to an enclosed, gated area - not a bed for a baby.
My toddlers and preschoolers sleep on individual cots. They bring their own sheets and blankets from home.
Kim 05:48 PM 03-26-2012
Under 2yrs sleep in a port a crib. 2+ sleep on cots http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=

I started out with 1" covered foam mats these but after about 6 months they started falling apart. I switched to the cots and they are much more durable. After 3 years they still look brand new.
Bella99 05:54 PM 03-26-2012
Woo thanks guys!
Heidi 06:38 PM 03-26-2012
in pnp's as long as they still fit (I move them as late as possible, although it depends on the kiddo).

My current group is 20 months (2 kids) and 2 years old sleeping in pnp, and 3 1/2 yo on a mat that a headstart teacher gave me. The blue kind with legs. I provide sheets and blankets.
SunshineMama 04:18 AM 03-27-2012
My toddlers sleep in cots, the oldest dcb sleeps on the guest bed, and the babies sleep in pack and plays. I have the parents supply all cots and pnp's.
renodeb 09:17 AM 03-27-2012
My babies sleep in packinplays in my kids bedrooms an d my olders have mats that they lay on in my family room.
Debbie
karen 11:10 AM 03-27-2012
My kids:
18 months and older have a cot...Cot kids sleep in the main room.
For babies I have a baby room so each baby has their own crib.
Jewels 11:24 AM 03-27-2012
I use pop up tents, the ones I have are fairly large, and the fronts are open, and they are all characters, Ones a puppy, theres a bear, dog, football, a dinosaur. And then each kid has a sleeping bag and pillow, and they are very fast to set up and take down, since they are the pop up style tents. I own like 8 of these, and the kids love them. I bought them at wal mart, for like $12 a piece, I like them also, its like each kid has there own little room, one of my girls sits in there with all the story time books and "reads" until she falls asleep.

Heres a picture of the football one, each kid that naps has their own tent, and I have had these for over a year, and not one has broken. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Football-Pop-Up-Tent/15111310
Countrygal 11:26 AM 03-27-2012
We are required to use 2" foam mats (which are sooooo expensive) or daycare cots. I was lucky enuf to pick up four daycare cots used - that is what I use, even outside.
momof5 11:38 AM 03-27-2012
I have a separate room for each of my dcks and they all sleep in pnps (2yrs old and under) My 3.5 year old sleeps on a nap cot.
WImom 11:43 AM 03-27-2012
All my kids sleep on cots. (2-5y in age)
SunshineMama 11:50 AM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by Jewels:
I use pop up tents, the ones I have are fairly large, and the fronts are open, and they are all characters, Ones a puppy, theres a bear, dog, football, a dinosaur. And then each kid has a sleeping bag and pillow, and they are very fast to set up and take down, since they are the pop up style tents. I own like 8 of these, and the kids love them. I bought them at wal mart, for like $12 a piece, I like them also, its like each kid has there own little room, one of my girls sits in there with all the story time books and "reads" until she falls asleep.

Heres a picture of the football one, each kid that naps has their own tent, and I have had these for over a year, and not one has broken. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Football-Pop-Up-Tent/15111310
Pop up tents!! How clever! I am going to add this to my list of things to buy.
Reply Up