Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Start a Daycare
itcgnyc 05:29 AM 07-22-2011
Great to hear you are considering opening a daycare. What state/city are you in? My company helps clients open daycare/preschools in the New York City area.

If you are in New York State, you can find the rules and regulations at
http://www.ocfs.state.ny.us/main/chi..._cdcc_regs.asp
These are the regulations for childcare centers in all of New York EXCEPT New York City.

If you are opening a group family home (caring fro 12-16 children in your own home) in New York State INCLUDING New York City, you can find the regulations at
http://www.ocfs.state.ny.us/main/chi..._GFDC_regs.asp

If you are opening a childcare center in New York City, you will find the regulations at
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/dc/daycarelist.shtml

It's most important you conduct a demographic survey, secure your financial backing (it's not a cheap investment for sure) and secure your property before you jump into the project. The typical childcare center project, if done properly, takes from 8 - 18 months to develop. If you are interested in a group family home (caring for up to 12-16 children in your own home) then you should allow 4-6 months for the project.

Good Luck!
Cindy O'Neill
itcgnyc 08:20 AM 08-06-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am interested in starting my own day care in westbury/new york, can you please tell me some of the things I need to know
My Company specializes in New Center Development for developers and individuals interested in opening a daycare/childcare center in NYC and Long Island. Are you looking at opening a childcare center or group family daycare? Have you secured your financial backing and found a location? I can certainly help you. The very first thing you will need to do aside of the prior two things is read through the OCFS Rules and Regulations; they can be found at http://www.ocfs.state.ny.us/main/chi...ycare_regs.asp be sure you read the correct ones, as there are separate ones for group family vs. childcare centers. My Company can assist you with a free consultation/site viability meeting and then we can further discuss how we can further help with your project.
Cindy O'Neill, Island Training & Consulting Group
itcgnyc 08:28 AM 08-06-2011
Originally Posted by daycare architect:
one of your first steps should be to identify a few possible sites for your daycare and then make sure that the zoning codes allow for that use in the space(s). Certain municipalities require pre-set distances from other types of businesses.
I"m not sure where you are planning to open a daycare, but my Company provides Center Development Services, and I use a fantastic architect who specializes in daycares. Please let me know if you would like her contact information.

Cindy O'Neill
Island Training & Consulting Group
Unregistered 11:15 AM 09-12-2011
Hey,
My mother is trying to start a day care center, however she doesn't speak, or writes English. Can she still open a day Care?
sade 05:30 PM 10-12-2011
Hello,

I am new in this forum and i need some informations about open a day care center in nyc.

I did a workshop for the licence and i start to find a possible site.
I find a site but the building doesn't have a C of O. it's old.

Should i request a letter of non objection or the BCC request it directly?
This letter can replace the C of O?
Does someone know how long does it take?

I already put a deposit for the site, i am waiting for the inspection and hope they accept it.

i can't have over 3 months concessions, so i need to do everything fast and be ready to open my day care after three months so February 2012.

Thanks for your help
Unregistered 08:03 PM 12-07-2011
I am in the process of opening a childcare center and preschool, but am wondering when I should open: when I have one child, two in each??? I just keep thinking it would look quite strange to come to a center to check it out and only see a few children. Thoughts??
Unregistered 07:27 PM 12-25-2011
I live in north carolina and I already have an in home daycare. By the end of the year I will be married and we are moving to Georgia. I am licensed by the state of North Carolina and have a 3 star rating. Will this mean anything to state of georgia. I mean can I transfer licenses and all the classes I have to take to the state of Georgia or will I have to start at a one star again once I move. And if so why. I have been in business for 3 years and will have a diploma in Early Childhood Education by the end of the year. How would I get started?

What did you have to do to start your daycare??? Did you have to go to college for it? (like is college required?)
sammyrae81 05:18 PM 12-26-2011
I am trying to find out how to apply for grants for start up money for a facility. I have tried to Google the info but its just confusing. Please help!!
dia000 02:07 PM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
Please see your state's requirements and contact numbers located at:
https://www.daycare.com/states.html
Hi I just have a question maybe you can answer this I have my CDA i had work as a part time at some daycare facilities but i had always work as a manager at a rest, unfurnately i got layoff from work an i have decided to open a daycare what other certificates do i need i do know that i need to have my credential is that all i need excluding all the permits
curiouslittlemonkeys 08:34 PM 02-04-2012
Hi I am getting ready to start working on applying for my Home DayCare License. I need to know...If you only watch 6 weeks-under 2 years are you required to have an outside playarea? Thank you
blessedmess8 10:48 AM 02-07-2012
http://www.thestayatworkmomma.com/p/daycare-101.html
TGPII 04:59 PM 03-29-2012
I heard that there are agencies (for a fee) will help you start a daycare. I tried to find one online but not luck. What are they called? What do they do? Can you recommend any? What do they charge? I had a place that wanted me to be a director they said an agency would train me. I came in every day and the agency person never showed. After a week of this I said this is not for me.
Unregistered 03:45 AM 03-30-2012
Congratulations on your new venture! Where are you located?

I started my company three years ago and have been in the field of early childhood for over 23 years. I help developers open childcare centers from the ground up, working with the architect, licensing, I can help you with marketing, developing your startup budget and operating budget, knowing what materials to order, helping (or do myself) your write policies and procedures, screen and interview candidates for teaching positions, set up the center, etc. I have opened many childcare centers.

I also am a New York State Credentialed Early Learning Trainer, so I teach all workshops which meet the requirements for licensing. I can certainly talk to you about my services; I promise I won't "not show"! when we have an appointment. I work with professionals that are serious about their projects and I feel I owe you the professionalism in return.

Cindy O'Neill
Island Training & Consulting Group
adriandnls 06:42 PM 06-12-2012
Hey in general how long did it take everyone to reach capacity when starting. I am starting a new daycare of 12 slots and would like to know thank you.
Bryce Polk 11:59 PM 07-01-2012
What did you have to do to start your daycare??? Did you have to go to college for it? (like is college required?)
Hello,

My name is Bryce Polk and I would just like to welcome you. Glad to have you as a fellow member.

I know as person just beginning the adventure of daycare ownership your mind is flooding with a sea of questions & concerns. At least I know mine was when I first started.. .

*What classes do I need to take?
*How do I promote & advertise my daycare to acquire customers?
*Do I need any certifications or permits?
*How many children can I legally take in?
*How much should I charge?
*Where do I even start?

Well fortunately for you I can sum up in "3 words" why you already have a competitive advantage over most in the industry and why you already have half of what it takes to "successfully" run and manage a daycare center....

"YOURE A MOM!!!"

Furthermore anyone who is able to "successfully" raise children as a single parent already has the "Patience, Love, Disciple, Maturity and most imoportantly the Mindset" that its gonna take to grow and maintain their child care business.

As a successful business owner myself one thing I can guarantee you is that the success of any business owner, in any particular industry be it child care or opening a resturant is directly attributed to

"3 key principles".

1. Mindset
2. Education or Experience
3. Bussness Plan & Marketing Strategy

You already have the mindset down which is most imortant.

The "education" process is the most "time consuming". I spent countless hours on the computer researching, downloading, and studying the market and other marterials to acquire the neccessary skillset I needed to get our business where it is today.

Fortunately for you! You dont have to go through the same sleepless nights, and countless hours of research as I did.

"daycare.com" has provided you with an "inexpensive", "all-in-one", "grab bag", solution. It essentially compiles in an simple, easy-to-understand,step-by-step checklist "exactly" what you need to. As well as the neccesary prelimenary education and generic marketing materials you need to "get started".

Lastly the MARKETING,

This is one of the most important factors because this how you get customers to begin with. And the more customers, the more "profit you generate". It really just baffles my mind how most daycare owners never really "market" their business and they wonder why they can't get clients to enroll in their daycare.

"You can have all the education in the world, and the prettiest daycare center with huge playards."

"But if you're not fundamentally marketing you're business "properly", to be perfectly honest, you risk either going into debt or losing potential customers to the other competition."

Sincerely, Bryce Polk-President/AdministrativeDirector of Theresa's Creative Mind's Learning Center
Unregistered 06:19 PM 08-19-2012
What are your views on having full time or part time children? If I only have full time children, I have a steady/more income. That's not the case for part time kiddos. What do you guys do?
Elevenhounds 01:32 PM 09-06-2012
Is it possible to rent a facility in order to have a home daycare separate from your actual home?

I ask because I don't have the credentials to open a day care center but also a have the square footage to run a daycare out of my house.

I'm in Colorado.
daycare1 01:01 PM 10-12-2012
Could someone please provide their monthly budget for their daycare center? I want to see if I am figuring everything right.

Thank you!
daycare1
Blackcat31 02:00 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by daycare1:
Could someone please provide their monthly budget for their daycare center? I want to see if I am figuring everything right.

Thank you!
daycare1
Welcome to the forum! Your status has been upgraded so you are free to post without moderation.
yulandop 12:18 PM 12-04-2012

Thank you!
daycare1
This information would be very helpful to me as well.
Unregistered 08:30 AM 01-21-2013
I was looking to open an in home daycare in Pennsylvania and I was reading some of the requirements on this site and I wanted to know if being Nanny and Babysitting for years with references count a childcare experience or if its to the discretion of the state and also if a liberal degree is considered a human relations degree at all or if I would need more than that.
Pillu2011 03:29 PM 03-06-2013
Hello Sir / Mam,

I am living in Peoria, Illinois and my visa status is H1B.
My wife has Visa Status as H4.
She is homemaker and taking care of our 1.7 yrs old daughter.

2 of my friends (having kids) have shown their interest to keep their child with my wife while they (child's both parents) are out for daily work.

They are ready to pay reasonable amount for that.

My situation is :
1. I have my own daughter. Age 1.7 yrs . 1 no.
2. My one friend has a son. Age 3.5 yrs. 1 no.
3. My another friend has a son. Age 4 yrs. 1 no.

So total no. of children will be 3.

My both friends have shown interest to keep their child with my wife only 8 hrs per day (during their office hrs).

My question to you is :

Is my wife elligible to take care of my friend's child and get paid for same, even being on H4 visa ?

IF No :
1. That's fine ! We will reject the offer from my friend.

IF Yes :
1. Is there any formality or registration, do we need to do ?

I communicated with Peoria Child Care Center (DCFS) on email and they confirmed me that, based on the information (situation) I provided in an e-mail, my home does not need to be licensed for day care.

However, they said, they cannot answer my question regarding Visa status and payment, also they don’t know who to refer for that answer.

Could you please guide us to get that answer ?

Thanks in advance for your kind understanding and reply.

With Best Regards,
itcgnyc 08:05 AM 03-10-2013
Childcare centers in NYC area
Blackcat31 08:15 AM 03-10-2013
Originally Posted by itcgnyc:
development of Childcare centers
I'm sorry but we do not allow advertising on this forum.

You may contribute to the conversations or ask your own questions but if you would like to advertise your business, you must contact the owner at https://www.daycare.com/forum/member.php?u=1
*Sunshine* 05:44 PM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by daycaremom1998:
I think I need to clarify the "contact your city agency" as mentioned in my above post. What I mean is that I recommend that people call their City Government usually located at City Hall and ask to speak to the department that handles small business licences. Once transfered to this department, you can ask questions about what the requirements are in your city for having a daycare in your home.

Sorry, I just felt I needed to clarify this a little more.
I wonder if I need to worry about this if I live outside city limits?
itcgnyc 02:50 PM 07-02-2013
I am interested in starting my own day care in westbury/new york, can you please tell me some of the things I need to know
Greetings! Congratulations on your decision to open a Childcare Program in New York! Very exciting. You will first want to read the Rules and Regs from New York State OCFS, Article 418. You can find those regs at the following site: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/daycare_regs.asp

Once you have read through the licensing regs. you will need to decide if you want to open a group family daycare (for up to 16 children) or a childcare center. I can help you with pros/cons of starting with one versus the other.

Next steps will include lining up your financing, securing a real estate broker to help you find a viable site, preparing operating and start up budgets, conducting tuition survey to determine tuition rates, securing an architect, having your site approved, developing branding and marketing plan based on demographics, developing policies and procedures, developing an FF&E and placing order for your classroom set ups to meet licensing and program objectives, hiring staff including your director, setting up your center, completing appropriate trainings required by licensing, completing all licensing paperwork, setting up child and personnel files, and planning your grand opening Again, my company can help, as I open centers in NYS/NYC for developers, but I wanted to give you an overview. Give me a call if you have more questions:

Cindy Basse O'Neill
(Island Training & Consulting Group)
Good luck!
Unregistered 06:50 AM 07-06-2013
Hello everyone, I'm very please to say I'm really enjoying this thread. I currently live in ga and trying to start a quality affordable child in either charlotte nc or raleigh nc. To be honest, child care is needed in ga, but I'm just to far from my family. I'm trying to find out if the need exist in charlotte or raleigh. I have over 21 years experience, a child development associates, first aid, cpr certified and of course the passion for teaching children. I plan to offer early and extended care hours, 6am to 7pm. I also will provide an excellent curriculum to enhance all areas of development. Part of my program will include a beginnings reading program to target areas of need. I willing to provide care/tutoring for aftercare children also. I consider myself a child's advocate on quality education seeking to provide the best. My issue is location. Please state specifics on which area in high demand charlotte or raleigh. Please keep in mind an involved parent is an informed parent. I'm just not looking to teach, I'm looking to develop positive partnerships with parent for their most precious gifts. Please all feedback is appreciated (:
Heydapheny 11:30 PM 07-28-2013
I live in the Orlando, Fl area and I finished the DCF training! I now plan to got to school for the Early Childhood Education course I really hope business comes easy for us (We plan on opening a Child Care Facility) we really want to be successful!
Michael 02:57 AM 07-29-2013
Originally Posted by Heydapheny:
I live in the Orlando, Fl area and I finished the DCF training! I now plan to got to school for the Early Childhood Education course I really hope business comes easy for us (We plan on opening a Child Care Facility) we really want to be successful!
Welcome to the forum.
Griffin2531 06:43 PM 09-25-2013

Thank you!
daycare1
Hi, i am currently working on starting my own daycare/preschool in the bergen county, nj area and this question would be of some use to me as well.

Thanks.
jamtexas 05:02 PM 12-14-2013
I've been trying to research the profitability of Day Care on the web and the information I've found varies widely.

If anyone knows of where some actual revenue, expense and profit margin info could be found, I'd greatly appreciate it.

So far I've seen gross margin figures of between 4 and 10 percent.
MareBear 11:20 PM 01-16-2014
I've been a teacher for most of my life and my goal is to start an inhome daycare of my own. Currently, I live in a small condo which I will more than likely sell in a year or so in order to buy a house where I can have this inhome daycare business. I am not looking for a large business. I would prefer to have six to eight kids at the most. I have a Program Director Teacher Credential, all of the Admin courses to direct and many years of experience as a teacher and as a Director.

If you can give me business advice as to steps that I need to take, I'd very much appreciate that!

Thank you!
bloominggenius 09:34 PM 03-04-2014
You are in the one state I would not want to open a daycare in. Your regs are crazy. The new one prohibiting any phone, computer or Tv/screen use during daycare hours has Nannyde and I screaming in disgust. We talk for hours about it over the phone. I don't know how I would make it some days without the Nat Geo channel on for background noise during naptime.

We would need to know if you are talking about a center or an in-home, because they are 2 very different beasts.
Blackcat31 08:48 AM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by bloominggenius:
You are in the one state I would not want to open a daycare in. Your regs are crazy. The new one prohibiting any phone, computer or Tv/screen use during daycare hours has Nannyde and I screaming in disgust. We talk for hours about it over the phone. I don't know how I would make it some days without the Nat Geo channel on for background noise during naptime.

We would need to know if you are talking about a center or an in-home, because they are 2 very different beasts.
Just in case you are waiting for a reply, the person you quoted posted that post in 2008.
TGPII 04:32 AM 07-10-2014
I want to start small. However I can't do home daycare I don't own the home. Is there a company I could hire to help me get started? Franchises cost to much to buy. What is the best way to find a daycare for sale?

My personal background is the following:

Experience:
West Austin Development Center
Co-Director
Chicago, IL
April 2014-Present
Manage day to day operations of preschool. This includes enrolling students and managing staff. Help low income families with Head start and Illinois Action for Children Paperwork. Help in other areas as needed. Some days open the school and some days close the school.

Brite New Mind Daycare
Director/Teacher
Chicago, IL
May 2012-October 2013
Manage day to day operations of preschool. This includes enrolling students and managing staff. Help low income families with Head start and Illinois Action for Children Paperwork. Help in classrooms and kitchen as needed.

Illinois Army National Guard
Health care Sergeant/Supply Sergeant
North Riverside, IL
October 2006- Present
Current Rank: E-5 Sergeant
Certified in following areas: National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT), Emergency Medical Technicians Basic (EMT-B) Certification
American Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for medical providers. I also have been to Unit Supply Specialist Advanced Individual Training (AIT/school).

Little People's Preschool
Preschool Teacher
Mokena, IL
October 2006-November 2006
Taught children ages two through six a pre-kindergarten curriculum as well as social skills to get them ready for elementary school programs.

Crete-Monee School District 210-U
Teacher's Assistant/Paraprofessional
Crete, IL
November 2005-June 2006
I worked at Crete-Monee High School. Assisted teachers in the classroom teaching special education students, and helping the teachers in anything they needed in running the classroom.

Mary Sears Children's Academy
Preschool Teacher
New Lenox, IL
April 2005-October 2005
I worked in three year old and four year old classroom during the school year. Also, taught students in other rooms as needed. Last worked with day camp program; teaching sports and crafts to children ages five through thirteen, during summer months.

Education:
Governors State University
Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies/Liberal Arts
University Park, IL
December 2006
I earned the necessary Credit hours in Early Childhood Education to earn IL Department of Children and family Services (IL DCFS) Teacher and Director Qualifications Preschools.

Moraine Valley Community College
Associates of Arts in Liberal Arts
Palos Hills, IL
August 2000

Military:
Current rank: E-5 Sergeant (SGT)
North Riverside, IL
October 2006-present
Current Job: Health care Sergeant/Supply Sergeant
www.esgr.com

Qualifications:

Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IL DCFS) Teacher and Director qualified for Preschools.

Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IL DCFS) and Illinois State Board of Education; have on file Finger prints for me.**
I earned National registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT), Emergency Medical Technician Basic (EMT-B) Certification.*
I earned American Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for medical providers.
I earned State of Illinois Department of Public Health and City of Chicago Food Service Sanitation Certification Illinois identification number:* 0151624.* Issued January 29, 2011, Expiration Date December 16, 2015

References:

Documentation:
Copies of my degrees, transcripts, and certificates are available upon request.

Please see the following website for more information:
www.resumebucket.com/tgpii
Armywife 08:37 PM 10-05-2014
Originally Posted by TGPII:
I want to start small. However I can't do home daycare I don't own the home. Is there a company I could hire to help me get started? Franchises cost to much to buy. What is the best way to find a daycare for sale?

My personal background is the following:

Experience:
West Austin Development Center
Co-Director
Chicago, IL
April 2014-Present
Manage day to day operations of preschool. This includes enrolling students and managing staff. Help low income families with Head start and Illinois Action for Children Paperwork. Help in other areas as needed. Some days open the school and some days close the school.

Brite New Mind Daycare
Director/Teacher
Chicago, IL
May 2012-October 2013
Manage day to day operations of preschool. This includes enrolling students and managing staff. Help low income families with Head start and Illinois Action for Children Paperwork. Help in classrooms and kitchen as needed.

Health care Sergeant/Supply Sergeant
North Riverside, IL
October 2006- Present
Current Rank: E-5 Sergeant
Certified in following areas: National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT), Emergency Medical Technicians Basic (EMT-B) Certification
American Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for medical providers. I also have been to Unit Supply Specialist Advanced Individual Training (AIT/school).

Little People's Preschool
Preschool Teacher
Mokena, IL
October 2006-November 2006
Taught children ages two through six a pre-kindergarten curriculum as well as social skills to get them ready for elementary school programs.

Crete-Monee School District 210-U
Teacher's Assistant/Paraprofessional
Crete, IL
November 2005-June 2006
I worked at Crete-Monee High School. Assisted teachers in the classroom teaching special education students, and helping the teachers in anything they needed in running the classroom.

Mary Sears Children's Academy
Preschool Teacher
New Lenox, IL
April 2005-October 2005
I worked in three year old and four year old classroom during the school year. Also, taught students in other rooms as needed. Last worked with day camp program; teaching sports and crafts to children ages five through thirteen, during summer months.

Education:
Governors State University
Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies/Liberal Arts
University Park, IL
December 2006
I earned the necessary Credit hours in Early Childhood Education to earn IL Department of Children and family Services (IL DCFS) Teacher and Director Qualifications Preschools.

Moraine Valley Community College
Associates of Arts in Liberal Arts
Palos Hills, IL
August 2000

Military:
Current rank: E-5 Sergeant (SGT)
North Riverside, IL
October 2006-present
Current Job: Health care Sergeant/Supply Sergeant
www.esgr.com

Qualifications:

Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IL DCFS) Teacher and Director qualified for Preschools.

Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IL DCFS) and Illinois State Board of Education; have on file Finger prints for me.**
I earned National registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT), Emergency Medical Technician Basic (EMT-B) Certification.*
I earned American Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for medical providers.
I earned State of Illinois Department of Public Health and City of Chicago Food Service Sanitation Certification Illinois identification number:* 0151624.* Issued January 29, 2011, Expiration Date December 16, 2015

References:

Documentation:
Copies of my degrees, transcripts, and certificates are available upon request.

Please see the following website for more information:
www.resumebucket.com/tgpii
Hello TGPII
I'm new to the forum, in fact this is my first post. I was looking over your experience, and was wondering if you've deployed at all? I ask, because I was a teacher for 35 years, moving around with my husband who just retired out of the Army after 30+ years, and the SBA has a veterans' loan program. One option might be to find a preschool/daycare that is for sale and purchase an existing school. We purchased an existing school last March.

One word of caution, if you go the SBA Veterans' route, or just a regular SBA loan, definitely use a bank that has a lot of SBA experience. We started with a regional bank here in AZ, and it was a disaster. We eventually switched the process over to Chase after I heard they process a lot of SBA loans.

A Google search will yield some results for brokers that specialize in daycares/preschools. I would also check these guys out http://www.baileyroutzong.com/

My daughter worked for a Montessori school and the new owners used them to find and buy the school in Colorado. No personal experience, but when we began this process I spoke with my daughter's boss in CO and they had high praise for this outfit.
Unregistered 10:59 AM 10-26-2014
Hi, I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but I've been looking around and read that to have a type B home (6 or less) in Ohio, I don't have to be licensed. What would I have to do/ need to get started? Does this mean I can simply start by bringing kids in? Also, how do you decide your rates?
Blackcat31 02:53 PM 10-26-2014
Hi, I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but I've been looking around and read that to have a type B home (6 or less) in Ohio, I don't have to be licensed. What would I have to do/ need to get started? Does this mean I can simply start by bringing kids in? Also, how do you decide your rates?
I'm unsure of Ohio regulations but here is the info page for Ohio state licensing rules.

https://www.daycare.com/ohio/

As for deciding what your rates would be, that's specific to each area.
When I first opened, I had been a previous daycare parent using daycare services so I knew what I had been paying my provider and based my rates off that.

HTH
jules 08:08 AM 01-05-2015
I am trying to opening a day care in Eastern Pa. My biggest concern is the costs of remodeling. I might have to get funding somehow for that. The spaces I am looking at are around 3000 square feet. They are mostly open so I would have to put up walls. I would have to put in a kitchen and 1 or 2 more bathrooms.

I know the costs vary by area. I just wanted to get an idea of what everyone has spent in remodeling for a new day care.

Also, I wanted to know if there was anyone in Eastern Pa who helps and/or does consulting for people wanting to open a day care.
riley.johnson 04:18 PM 01-05-2015
Hi! I have recently purchased a building in my community. I plan on opening a child care center. I am very familiar with daycare laws and the management part of it. (Wisconsin) The building has a great energy efficient steam boiler, but, that results in baseboard heating. I am not at all interested in changing up the heating source. I have read of other centers having baseboard heaters with screens on them to protect from the hot touch. I have googled and researched the various screens, or "safety guards". There are quite a bit out there......Wondering if anyone is familiar with this issue or know of any specific guard or screen to make the baseboards up to licensing code. Thanks!!
Klaus 06:07 PM 02-28-2015
Hi there, I am determined to open my daycare center here in Chicago... I attended a workshop at DCFS. I have all the guidance and regulations requirements .... However, I'm confused! Should I set up everything before I even submit my application? According to the application process it looks likes need to have EVERYTHING ready! And that doesn't make much sense ... I seriously would like to know if someone already owns a daycare center here and would like to help PLEASE!
Tags:daycare classes, daycare kit, insurance, kit, open a daycare, start a daycare, starting a daycare
1 2
Reply Up