Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paint!? :)
Daycare_Mama 12:18 PM 01-07-2011
My boyfriend has been home from work yesterday and today, so I've been talking his ear off about what I want to change in our playroom.

We bought a new glider for our daughter's room, so we're going to sell the couch we currently have in the playroom and replace it with the other glider. I have a few things I want to bring into the playroom and take out. Also, I have a bunch of things I want to put up on the walls... calendar, alphabet, etc.

I got to thinking, if I'm revamping the playroom, I might as well start with a new paint color for the room!

I mentioned this to the BF and, surprisingly, he thought it was a good idea! He's on board to do it this weekend with me!

Now, I don't know what colors to do! I think I want to do each wall a different color... nothing bright.. maybe pastels. A blue, green, yellow, purple. Think that's too much?

My other idea is to do one color on the walls and then a really light blue on the ceiling (like a "sky"), but I don't know if I want to tackle painting a ceiling.

Currently, the room is a really boring off white and the walls have gotten pretty dirty with the little ones in there.

Our playroom is pretty large (20 feet long, 11 feet wide) and has one full wall of windows, so it gets good light.

Suggestions?
Blackcat31 12:23 PM 01-07-2011
magnetic paint is super cool! Probably not what you were meaning but I just wanted to talk about how cool it is..... I love bright cheery colors soI would definately look into bright pastels. Yellow is the color of sunshine so that would be my choice.
I am personally terrified of chosing the wrong color so my house is "builder beige". Figured I'd chose colors once I knew what I wanted after we moved into our new house. Its been 5 years now...... although my daycare house has murals painted on the walls.
Daycare_Mama 12:26 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
magnetic paint is super cool! Probably not what you were meaning but I jst wanted to talk about how cool it is..... I love bright cheery colors soI would definately look into bright pastels. Yellow is the color of sunshine so that would be my choice.
I am personally terrified of chosing the wrong color so my house is "builder beige". Figured I'd chose colors once I knew what I wanted after we moved into our new house. Its been 5 years now...... although my daycare house has murals painted on the walls.
I've heard of chalkboard paint, but never magnetic paint! So you could just paint a small square or something and kids could use magnetic letters on the wall?? This would be cool! I'll have to look into it..
Daycare_Mama 12:54 PM 01-07-2011
I just googled this a bit. I think I'm going to do a big rectangle on one of the walls with magnetic paint first and then chalkboard paint... then they'll have a magnetic chalkboard! Perfect! Thanks for the idea blackcat
QualiTcare 01:00 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
magnetic paint is super cool! Probably not what you were meaning but I jst wanted to talk about how cool it is..... I love bright cheery colors soI would definately look into bright pastels. Yellow is the color of sunshine so that would be my choice.
i agree - magnetic and chalkboard paint are awesome. i saw your murals awhile back in a thread and didn't comment, but those are awesome! maybe you should share with her how you got those amazing walls!
SilverSabre25 01:07 PM 01-07-2011
There's chalkboard paint, magnetic paint, and even whiteboard paint. I've considered painting areas of my downstairs walls with all three. I think it would be AWESOME. Unfortunately it would be a lot of work for me because the old owners of our house had most of the walls covered with textured paint so that the walls look a bit like a ceiling. yuck. I'd have a lot of sanding crap to do...

but pastel paint colors sounds good. I wouldn't paint the ceiling a color (but I might paint it freshly white).
DCMomOf3 02:12 PM 01-07-2011
i have a blue that everyone loves, but I don't know what it is called. It's darker than pastel but lighter than a true blue. I would suggest that.

i love the magnetic paint idea!
E Daycare 05:13 PM 01-07-2011
We painted half of a wall in my sons room with black chalk board paint. His colors are black and white and red and I wanted that chalk board paint so bad haha. It came out really well. Im going to do the magnetic paint on the doors of his room to hold up pictures and stuff. As far as the daycare room I havent painted it. Our kitchen flows into the living room and its painted a almost mustard yellow so thats enough for the downstairs haha. I put up a lot of the kids (well, mostly my kids) art work and have brightly colored curtains and rugs (thanks to Ikea thats down the road my entire daycare and house is furnished from them <3). I think if I painted it would look even more busy. I love the idea of a painted sky though. Ikea has lights that look like clouds and give a 3D look. Thats something up my alley LOL
Tags:painting, playroom, remodel
Reply Up