Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Term
Oneluckymom 01:22 PM 02-27-2012
I would hate to term, but having the littlest(2.5 mo) baby here is proving to be more challenging with my new toddlers starting. I just don't know what else to do.

I really wanted to give it a shot and with one toddler and my other 8.5 month old it was manageable. Now with another 2 year old in the mix and another one starting in a week I'm really worried I'll be stretched thin with no help.

Should I be honest with them or give it more time?
wdmmom 01:28 PM 02-27-2012
How long have you had the baby?

I started a baby late November 2011. She was an instant PIA. Spit up A LOT, cried profusely to no avail, etc. Parents only told me it was colic. (Awesome, you couldn't have brought this up during the 3 months you had her home?!)

Today she is finally on formula and that has proven to be great for her! A lot less spit up and she naps regularly. Awake hours no longer revolve around her crying. It was a long, grueling 2 months of listening to her cry and fuss but she's turned out to be a great baby now.

Sometimes time is all you need to get used to a new body and routine.
CheekyChick 03:56 PM 02-27-2012
I think it would be more fair to not take on new children and keep the baby. It WILL get better in time. Before you know it, he/she will be walking and it will be so much easier.
cheerfuldom 05:44 PM 02-27-2012
I don't think you should feel bad at all about choosing to work with toddlers versus babies. It is very hard to take care of a baby especially with your own baby in the mix. Anyway, I think I would hold off and just see if things smooth out as the daycare baby gets older and gets more on a schedule. Do you have specific issues with the baby that we can help with? Lastly, you know your own limits. If you really feel overwhelmed, there is nothing wrong with saying that a baby is not the right fit for your group right now. Dont feel bad if you have to give notice.
Oneluckymom 06:12 PM 02-27-2012
The baby is so far a good baby, but it is so small and takes about a good 30 min to take 4oz. Times this by 4 or 5 bottles a day. I feel like much of my time is with this baby. The kids meanwhile sometimes get bored. I guess I am feeling as if the toddlers aren't getting enough of my attention?
wdmmom 08:21 PM 02-27-2012
The baby i had was taking 40 minutes to eat 3 oz! She didnt like the bottles her mom was giving her. I gave her a different bottle and it made all the diffdrence. I told dcm and she changed the nipple to a medium flow and havent had a problem since.
Oneluckymom 08:38 PM 02-27-2012
Same situation here WDMMOM! How old was the baby?
Reply Up