Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Spring Sickness
MsMe 10:28 AM 04-18-2011
We only had ONE case (DCG) of Strep this Winter. NOTHING ELSE. Were so healthy it was scary.....

Spring comes and

BAM EVERYONE IS SICK

hacking coughs, fever, green snot, ear infections, RSV, the works.

I helped keep them nearly record breakingly healthy all winter long....and now when they get a cold I get nothing but dirty looks and snide comments about us all sharing germs.

LISTEN PEOPLE I DO THE BEST I CAN BUT I AM NOT WONDER WOMEN.

Anyone else have parents that make you feel like you got the child sick on PURPOSE for your own twisted pleasure? Drives me nuts.
Lilbutterflie 02:11 PM 04-18-2011
I hear you!

My DD woke up with a fever yesterday (Sunday). I texted my daycare mom letting her know I'd still be open on Monday but to be aware and it was up to her if she wanted to bring her kids or not. She said to let her know if the fever returned, and if it did she would bring them somewhere else.

Well, the fever went away and never returned. This morning my DD woke up still complaining of being tired and having a headache, so I kept her home. No fever still. I let dcm know that there was no fever but I was still keeping her home from school. She brought her kids.

Sure enough, 28 hours after her fever onset; afternoon comes and my DD has a fever again. I made her a Dr appt for tomorrow morning and let dcm know. She texted me back saying "Well if my kids get it are you going to watch them?"

I wanted to respond by saying "I did everything in my power to alert you that she was sick. You chose to bring your kids anyway. How is that my fault?"

Instead of saying the above, I let her know that I am a WELL child care, and for this reason I cannot watch her children if they develop the same fever.
daycare 02:18 PM 04-18-2011
lol dont even get me started on this... Im PMSing and could rant for days about this subject.......................gggeeeeerrrrrrr
Tags:sickness, spring
Reply Up