Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Bathtub Remodel
Kaylala 12:48 PM 03-26-2017
I am wondering if I can write of t/s deduction of bathtub remodel. We found wood rot/mold and had to tear out our entire shower area and put in a new tub and walls.
I do use the tub for daycare if the babies have blow out poops and need to be bathed, we do science experiments in there, we use it for sensory learning. I see it as a necessary part of my business but I can also see how this can be considered personal so want to check before I add up my receipts.
We also had to hire a plumber to replace some pipes that were damaged that would have effected the entire house and thus the daycare.
Thank you in advance!
TomCopeland 10:38 AM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by Kaylala:
I am wondering if I can write of t/s deduction of bathtub remodel. We found wood rot/mold and had to tear out our entire shower area and put in a new tub and walls.
I do use the tub for daycare if the babies have blow out poops and need to be bathed, we do science experiments in there, we use it for sensory learning. I see it as a necessary part of my business but I can also see how this can be considered personal so want to check before I add up my receipts.
We also had to hire a plumber to replace some pipes that were damaged that would have effected the entire house and thus the daycare.
Thank you in advance!
Treat all of these costs as a repair, multiply by your time-space % and deduct in one year.
Kaylala 02:17 PM 03-27-2017
Thank you so much Tom!
Tags:deduction - home improvement, deduction - remodel, deduction - repairs, tom copeland
Reply Up