Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So, Can We Talk About Baby Bottles?
youretooloud 07:31 AM 06-08-2011
I hate some of the different newer bottles on the market today.

Particularly the Dr Brown bottles.

I don't understand the Dr Browns Bottles. I think parents buy them because they are the "popular" ones to buy. A few years ago, it was the Avent bottles that were popular.

But, in my own opinion after many kids, that none of the babies relax and eat peacefully from the Dr Brown bottles, or the Avent. It's not a comfortable bottle to use, they don't fall alseep, and everyone ends up frustrated. The baby is fed, but not relaxed. A baby bottle should be calming, not anxiety provoking.

The say the dr browns bottles help with reflux and gas. But, these kids still have reflux and gas. So, I don't see any improvement with those.

I have two infants that are starting in a few months (different months) and both parents are using the Dr Browns bottles. I'm dying to say "NOOOOO... PLEASE!". I would never say anything, but I want to. LOL

Also.. I miss the good old fashion flat top Playtex bottle. Those were awesome.
nannyde 07:41 AM 06-08-2011
Old School playtex are my faves. http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Vintage-Playte...item1c1c51fb0d

I have a collection of the CLEAR (no color at all on the whole bottle except the brown nipple) ones from the eighties. Oh yeah.... they were really hot with the rich families. They didn't like any kind of design ... just plain.

I have never used a Dr Brown so I can't speak to them. I've had a ton of Avent babies. I had three babies on breast milk with the same Advent bottle. Boy was that a pain to keep track of.

I don't want them to fall asleep while they are eating so that doesn't bother me. I want them to be fully awake during the whole feeding.
Sunshine44 07:41 AM 06-08-2011
I'm particular about bottles also. I used playtex drop ins with my kids. I have parents that use playtex ventair, advent...all sorts of things. I prefer the ones I used haha, but I am sure they prefer the ones they use...? Same with sippy cups. I'm particular about them. Cannot stand playtex, always leaked. Parents always bring playtex or the really crappy ones. I buy take n toss, cheap and though they leak when tipped, the kids learn not to tip them! It also helps littles learn to drink from a cup. My daughter only uses take n toss or the Learning 1st brand that does not have any extra pieces to it. Just wash the lid and the cup!
youretooloud 07:46 AM 06-08-2011
Ohmygosh, those Ventair bottles were awful! That's another "what's the point" kind of bottle.
sharlan 07:53 AM 06-08-2011
I've always prefered the old fashioned Playtex. Back in the olden days, they used to have a metal spreader that you put the baggie on, then pushed the bottle down on top of it. Such a pain.

The Advents are ok.

I've always talked my parents into using either one.

As for sippy cups, I always used the Playtex. Now I prefer the Learning Curve with the one piece top.
wdmmom 07:58 AM 06-08-2011
The Playtex drop-ins are by far the best. They worked best for my own kids...especially when I was both bottle and bf.

I've used the Dr. Brown's for 1 dck and I told the parents they are a nightmare! Cleaning them is tricky too. Way too many pieces for a BOTTLE!

It's gotten to the point I ask at an interview what kind of bottle they are using or intend to use because if it's the Dr. Brown's, I won't do it. Give me a good old fashion baby bottle or a Playtex!
SandeeAR 08:02 AM 06-08-2011
I for one LOVE Dr. Browns. I had a baby,#1, on the Avent. He was BAD gassy. Baby #2 comes in, using Dr. Browns, no gas. Recommended #1 Mom try them, he stopped being so gassy and was much happier. Baby #3 came in on Dr. Browns, no gas.

Monday, got a temp baby, just this week, 7 weeks old. Came in on the Advent, burped a lot, but very gassy, slept very little. She is friends with baby #2 (who is now on a sippy). I recommended she get her old Dr. Browns and try them. Mom sent Dr Browns the next day. Still burped, but NO gas! She slept several naps yesterday. Used it again today, and still no gas.

Yep, I highly recommend Dr Browns.
dEHmom 08:14 AM 06-08-2011
i'm the playtex drop in fan myself.

i can't stand all other bottles if you cannot squeeze out air. i also find the nipples on most other bottles even the slow flows are too fast and baby is gulping too much air,

all those gas, ear ache, and reflux bottles cause parents to get more lazy with feedings, and they assume the bottles will do everything for them.

what's wrong with feeding and burping 1 or 2 times through feeding and then again at the end?
safechner 08:18 AM 06-08-2011
Well, I never bought Dr. Brown bottles for my kids. They don't have gas or reflux. I was on breastfeeding both of my daughters and I bought Avent bottles for my husband to feed the girls. The reason is that I bought Avent bottles as same as breast nipples. Both of my daughters were not accept to drink cheap playtex or gerber bottles. I don't have any problems with it. They also used to drink Avent sippy cup and it works very well.
Maddy'sMommy 08:24 AM 06-08-2011
My daughter uses plastic bottles from walmart. (parent's choice). Cheap and easy. lol. She's never had any reflux or gas issues, so I've been able to stick with them from the beginning when I was pumping breast milk exclusively.
cheerfuldom 09:00 AM 06-08-2011
Dr Browns were a pain but only because I used to wash bottles for the families. stupid right? Now I insist on a days worth of bottles and then send them home for mommy to wash. I don't have a large group so sending home things is not a problem here. My current daycare babies use basic Gerber ones (super easy!) and the other uses glass advent (warning: these heat up fast!). As for sippies, I don't care as long as they don't leak all over the place.

I also don't feed babies to get them to sleep, that turns into a problem later when they associate milk with sleeping and want bottles or sippies in the pack n play or can't get back to sleep without a refill.
countrymom 09:17 AM 06-08-2011
I'm the old fashion playtex person too, and you can still buy them. I love the fact that you always use a clean liner so even dh can do it, you can suck all the air out of it so no gas problems and less burping required. I just liked the fact that it was alway sterile (the liners) I don't know how many people bring me dirty dirty bottles.
laundrymom 09:18 AM 06-08-2011
They can use whatever they want. I ask them to bring one to leave here. I just tell them I will wash it after each use. I then use that if they ask for a bottle to go. And I promptly put it in their cubby. I use plain old plastic gerber or evenflo. Brown or clear nipple I don't care. The flo is controlled by how tight you put on the collar and the bubbles come from the neck and collar contact point from the vacuum created by baby drinking. It's simple science. Air rises skyward. Not down to babies throat. They swallow air because of frequent relatching or poor attachment on nipple. Not because you can see bubbles rising as the baby drinks. I had a parent argue with me saying the browns bottles has no bubbles, I flat told her no because the straw vents tho bubbles to the bottom of the bottle where there is no liquid to SEE the bubbles. To prove my point I cut the straw of one in half and showed her how the bubbles formed when the liquid covered the end. Typical marketing ploy. Tell parents something will work, show them some testimonials, maybe do a small research study on how fussy babies are after using them but remember to only give the expensive one you want to sell to babies being held by a familiar person, who isn't over tired or hungry in a calm relaxed setting. To the " other brand" you have a stranger feed a very tired and hungry baby in a chaotic setting. Biased research.
Kind of like a sign over my husbands old factory jobs entry door said " the finest sanitary pottery workers in the USA enter these doors

Hmmmm

They were the only ones!!! All other jobs had already moved overseas.

Like I say chris is my favorite son, he's the only one I've got.

Anyway,.. Sorry hot button topic for me. Companies who use a parents fear, love,, or insecurities to sell product.
nannyde 09:32 AM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I'm the old fashion playtex person too, and you can still buy them. I love the fact that you always use a clean liner so even dh can do it, you can suck all the air out of it so no gas problems and less burping required. I just liked the fact that it was alway sterile (the liners) I don't know how many people bring me dirty dirty bottles.
Back in the day they made THICK liners. I would run them thru the dishwasher and reuse. They were AWESOME. The ones that didn't have the tear away at the top.

Oh those were great.

Then... as always... they had to cheapen them down so that you could only do a single use. Kind of like ziplocs are now.

I had a big stock of liners bought before my son was born. I was able to use the playtex for him the whole time. It was great. I haven't had a playtex baby for so many years I don't even remember the last one.
cillybean83 11:14 AM 06-08-2011
I used playtex dropins with my kids, I LOVE them...I'm really picky about bottles and sippy cups. Playtex bottles only, and munchkin sippy cups only
WDW 11:17 AM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
They can use whatever they want. I ask them to bring one to leave here. I just tell them I will wash it after each use. I then use that if they ask for a bottle to go. And I promptly put it in their cubby. I use plain old plastic gerber or evenflo. Brown or clear nipple I don't care. The flo is controlled by how tight you put on the collar and the bubbles come from the neck and collar contact point from the vacuum created by baby drinking. It's simple science. Air rises skyward. Not down to babies throat. They swallow air because of frequent relatching or poor attachment on nipple. Not because you can see bubbles rising as the baby drinks. I had a parent argue with me saying the browns bottles has no bubbles, I flat told her no because the straw vents tho bubbles to the bottom of the bottle where there is no liquid to SEE the bubbles. To prove my point I cut the straw of one in half and showed her how the bubbles formed when the liquid covered the end. Typical marketing ploy. Tell parents something will work, show them some testimonials, maybe do a small research study on how fussy babies are after using them but remember to only give the expensive one you want to sell to babies being held by a familiar person, who isn't over tired or hungry in a calm relaxed setting. To the " other brand" you have a stranger feed a very tired and hungry baby in a chaotic setting. Biased research.
Kind of like a sign over my husbands old factory jobs entry door said " the finest sanitary pottery workers in the USA enter these doors

Hmmmm

They were the only ones!!! All other jobs had already moved overseas.

Like I say chris is my favorite son, he's the only one I've got.

Anyway,.. Sorry hot button topic for me. Companies who use a parents fear, love,, or insecurities to sell product.
So you don't use the bottles they bring for you? Not being rude, I just know if I took my baby to dc and took bottles for him, I'd be really upset to learn you weren't using them. Maybe your parents are aware and it's not a big deal.
jojosmommy 11:23 AM 06-08-2011
I feel guilty for doing this but I just put it in my contract that I no longer accept AVENT bottles in my home at all anymore. I had one family use them with the first child then save them and use the with the second. LEAKED EVERYDAY! I hated them, you'd spill 1/2 the bottle everywhere no matter how tight you put them on. Had a friend who also used them and she said the same thing. One day when one was leaking a different parent came in and said" ohh I bet that's an avent bottle. I HATE THOSE, they always leak!" After that I said No more. I told the mom that once her child was done with them I would no longer take them. I know she will be annoyed when she has her next one but honestly I hated getting someone elses breast milk everywhere.

I used Breastflow with my son but found that after only a few months the inner nipple part was broken/cracked so they didnt last long for the money. Supposed to be best if your BF but I don't know if it really matters.
youretooloud 12:04 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:

I used Breastflow with my son but found that after only a few months the inner nipple part was broken/cracked so they didnt last long for the money. Supposed to be best if your BF but I don't know if it really matters.
The new Tommy Tippee bottles are awesome for breastfed babies! I've had good luck with those.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I42GQK/...SIN=B004I42GQK
Childminder 12:27 PM 06-08-2011
Personally I prefer the playtex drop-in liner in the 'antique' plain plastic/brown 'natural' nipple from the middle of the last century I will use the regular liners that I've picked up at garage sales and am using the clear silicone nipples that playtex now makes cause I can't fine the brown nipples any longer and mine have rotted. I too use the gerber but usually as the infant gets a little older.

I do not care for the dr brown and do not think they make a heck of a lot of difference in gasiness. IMO. No experience with avent to speak of.

I have right in my policies that ANY bottles, sippies and toys that enter my daycare shall be considered a donation to my program. I enforce this rule and have collected the above items at least once from each family. I use my own. I know that they are clean, safe and work well for baby.
nannyde 12:42 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Personally I prefer the playtex drop-in liner in the 'antique' plain plastic/brown 'natural' nipple from the middle of the last century

I found a two pack in my cupboard that's never been opened and thought... gosh I bet I could sell these for a couple of hundred BUCKS

I feel sorry for the providers just starting out. They don't realize how CRAPTASTIC everything is now compared to the old baby stuff, toys, and equipment.

I have toys in play every day that I started with. Toys from the mid eighties that look like they did the day they were made. I still use graco seats from the mid eighties. Built like tanks. Used them on every baby I have ever had and the hardware is still in perfect shape. Thousands and thousands of clicks, snaps, adjustments over 17 years and they still work good as new.

If I had to start over and just buy new stuff I wouldn't even want to start over. I'm so used to having the ease that comes with quality stuff and not having to spend the money to replace stuff.
youretooloud 12:50 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

I feel sorry for the providers just starting out. They don't realize how CRAPTASTIC everything is now compared to the old baby stuff, toys, and equipment.
I still have the old "Tuff Stuff" toys from the 70s, and an old fisher Price record player. Those things will hold up forever, but the new stuff goes in the trash within a few years.

I recently threw away all the old Playtex bottles... the ones where you pulled the nipple over the top of the bottle, no caps or rings needed.
Childminder 12:56 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by :
I found a two pack in my cupboard that's never been opened and thought... gosh I bet I could sell these for a couple of hundred BUCKS

I have toys in play every day that I started with. Toys from the mid eighties that look like they did the day they were made. I still use graco seats from the mid eighties. Built like tanks. Used them on every baby I have ever had and the hardware is still in perfect shape. Thousands and thousands of clicks, snaps, adjustments over 17 years and they still work good as new.

If I had to start over and just buy new stuff I wouldn't even want to start over. I'm so used to having the ease that comes with quality stuff and not having to spend the money to replace stuff.
Here! Here! Most of my toys and equipment is from the 70's and 80's and USED all the time. The blocks and some children's furniture I use are from the 50's. I throw away stuff that people have given me from the recent past because it does NOT hold up.
sharlan 02:24 PM 06-08-2011
Most of my toys are pre 2000. Some going back to the 70's.
laundrymom 02:42 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by WDW:
So you don't use the bottles they bring for you? Not being rude, I just know if I took my baby to dc and took bottles for him, I'd be really upset to learn you weren't using them. Maybe your parents are aware and it's not a big deal.
Nope they use, wash, put together or deal with the bottles they wish and I ask them to supply one to keep here as a take home bottle and I will wash as needed but I don't routinely use theirs. They know it, and eithr accept it or find somewhere else.
Cat Herder 02:42 PM 06-08-2011
Dr. Browns are my absolute favorite.......

I have little to no colic, spit-up or gassy babies since I made the switch, here.
Michael 06:36 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:

I have little to no colic, spit-up or gassy babies since I made the switch, here.
Most of the previous posts on Dr. Browns was how well they worked with colicky and gassy babies. I wish we had that option, our son screamed for a full year.
My Daycare 08:39 PM 06-08-2011

How do you clean the thin tube inside without a dishwasher? I do have one, but don't use it every day before pick-up.

I had a baby with those. I attempted to use one of those long metal craft things with the fur wrapped around the outside that you twist and bend. I don't think that it worked too well. When I would return them each day, I would warn the Mom that it wasn't very clean.
cheerfuldom 05:23 AM 06-09-2011
As for the old toys, I go shopping at antique malls and those type of places for the classic toys. I agree they hold up WAY better!! I have gone to classic toys only like just basic blocks or the old school Fisher Price items. The mini record player and mini radio are a big hit over here.
DCMom 05:39 AM 06-09-2011
SO TRUE! The majority of toys that I have belonged to my children who are 24, 22 and 18. Little People, Duplos, Mr. Potato Head, K'Nex, LT Kitchen, cradle, doll house, Lincoln Logs, Tinkertoys...the list is endless.

The walker that I use cost $15 in 1986 and still cleans up and works like a charm.

As far as bottles, I hate Advent, Ventaire and Dr. Brown. Every single one of those bottles leak more often than not. The number of parts that need to be cleaned is ridiculous.

My favorite bottles are Playtex drop ins. I love them because breast feeding moms can freeze their milk in them. I defrost and drop the liner right into the bottle. I suggest this to ALL my new moms; the last one even switched from Dr Brown to Playtex and the baby's 'acid reflux' cleared up.

If a parent chooses to use one of those bottles, I bite my tongue and use them. But I don't have to like it
Meyou 06:51 AM 06-09-2011
I use playtex bottles with the dropin liners. My bottles were actually my sisters in the 80's that my mom passed on to me when I had my first dd 12 years ago. I provide the bottles unless the family use playtex too. If the family uses playtex they can bring the bottles ready made each day so I just warm them up.

I'm another fan of the brown playtex nipples. I was sooo sad when they replaced them with the clear plastic ones.
Cat Herder 07:21 AM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by My Daycare:
How do you clean the thin tube inside without a dishwasher? I do have one, but don't use it every day before pick-up.

I had a baby with those. I attempted to use one of those long metal craft things with the fur wrapped around the outside that you twist and bend. I don't think that it worked too well. When I would return them each day, I would warn the Mom that it wasn't very clean.
I take them apart immediately after each use, rinse and drop them in the kitchen sink with dishwashing solution (dawn works best with breastmilk), hot water and bleach as required in my regs. A quick scrub, rinse and I then put them on the drying/storage rack. 15 seconds per bottle.

I have a few sizes of bottle brush that make it very simple. I do not add cereal to bottles so have little residue build up. I also provide bottles so they stay here. Parents provide clothes, formula and diapers only, here.

The bottles came with their own pipe cleaner type tool, ask the DCM for one of them. You could also just use actual pipe cleaners as daily disposables.

I snapped a quick photo for you. As you can see they are WELL USED . I need to make a trip for some new nipples very soon.
Attached: bottles 002.jpg (78.3 KB) 
Abigail 05:47 PM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by Maddy'sMommy:
My daughter uses plastic bottles from walmart. (parent's choice). Cheap and easy. lol. She's never had any reflux or gas issues, so I've been able to stick with them from the beginning when I was pumping breast milk exclusively.
I think these are the cutest bottles ever! I love the designs and basic colors. I also like the 4 oz. Precious Moments designed ones...have you seen them? I will be providing my own bottles unless the parents request they provide them. I also stop during feedings to burp babies. Some of our parents at daycare provide their own bottles (they're these basic ones from walmart), but we have extras so it doesn't matter which we use for their child. Another family provides 3 4-oz bottles for their young infant and they're pre-filled with water so they're easy to make. We also have a gallon water container of the Gerber baby water they prefer to use. I love organization and want to enjoy buying and using things for my daycare.
dEHmom 06:18 AM 06-10-2011
I take them apart immediately after each use, rinse and drop them in the kitchen sink with dishwashing solution (dawn works best with breastmilk), hot water and bleach as required in my regs. A quick scrub, rinse and I then put them on the drying/storage rack. 15 seconds per bottle.

I have a few sizes of bottle brush that make it very simple. I do not add cereal to bottles so have little residue build up. I also provide bottles so they stay here. Parents provide clothes, formula and diapers only, here.

The bottles came with their own pipe cleaner type tool, ask the DCM for one of them. You could also just use actual pipe cleaners as daily disposables.

I snapped a quick photo for you. As you can see they are WELL USED . I need to make a trip for some new nipples very soon.
did you make it all pretty for the picture? or do you always have everything so perfect? :P like the apple slicer hahah
Missani 12:45 PM 06-10-2011
I provide the bottles and will use whatever type they would like me to use. Right now I have babies on Avent, Dr. Brown's, and Tommee Tippee. They all seem to work fine. I don't particularly love washing the Dr. Brown's, but they seem to work for this baby so an extra 30 seconds or so is no big deal to me. I use the little brush that comes with the bottles to clean them, and you can buy just the brushes separately, too (5-6 to a pack I think.) Personally, I wouldn't choose those, but they seem to work so it's fine with me. I used the cheapo Gerbers with my first (and they were fine) and the Avents with my second (he seemed to do better w/ a larger nipple-they were fine, too-no leaks as long as the top was on right).

I guess I'm just not particular to any type of bottle-makes no difference to me. I also figure spending $20 or so for 3-4 bottles to keep here is easier on me. It's a one time cost, I know they are always here, and I can make sure they are as clean as I want them to be between uses. And, I'm building a collection, so next time I get a baby that uses one of these types, I just have to buy new nipples.
Cat Herder 12:54 PM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
did you make it all pretty for the picture? or do you always have everything so perfect? :P like the apple slicer hahah
Nah, everything has it's place and that is the only configuration that everything dries at the same time...

The apple slicer was just used with the cut-n-seal tart maker you also see there. I took the easy route and used a can of croissants rolled out instead of making fresh dough, though... Quick, all-in-one snack for rushed mornings.
nannyde 12:57 PM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by DCMom:
SO TRUE! The majority of toys that I have belonged to my children who are 24, 22 and 18. Little People, Duplos, Mr. Potato Head, K'Nex, LT Kitchen, cradle, doll house, Lincoln Logs, Tinkertoys...the list is endless.

The walker that I use cost $15 in 1986 and still cleans up and works like a charm.

As far as bottles, I hate Advent, Ventaire and Dr. Brown. Every single one of those bottles leak more often than not. The number of parts that need to be cleaned is ridiculous.

My favorite bottles are Playtex drop ins. I love them because breast feeding moms can freeze their milk in them. I defrost and drop the liner right into the bottle. I suggest this to ALL my new moms; the last one even switched from Dr Brown to Playtex and the baby's 'acid reflux' cleared up.

If a parent chooses to use one of those bottles, I bite my tongue and use them. But I don't have to like it
Can you explain the playtex liners being used for bm storage? That's brilliant but I can't figure out how you do it.

Are you talking about the liners being sealable?
youretooloud 01:04 PM 06-10-2011
Can you explain the playtex liners being used for bm storage? That's brilliant but I can't figure out how you do it.

Those are great! They come with a blue lid, and I haven't had one leak yet. I've had a few of the other brands leak.

http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Drop-I...ef=pd_sim_ba_2
DCMom 02:13 PM 06-10-2011

No, they aren't sealable though the link that YoureTooLoud posted looks interesting!

Almost all of my dcm's have used the Medela pumps and simply poured the expressed milk into the drop in liners, tied them with a twist tie and stood them up in the freezer door overnight, then deliver them to me. I defrost them in warm water and put the liner in the bottle and feed the baby. Easy, peasy. I never touch the milk ~ not that it bothers me ~ but some people might have an aversion to it.

The dcbaby I have right now...her mom refuses to do this. She insists on Dr. Brown bottles (which I hate) and I have to transfer the milk from the Medela pump bottles to the Dr. Brown's and wash everything. I've asked repeatedly to just bring frozen and suggest this method, but nope. When she does bring frozen it's 4oz per bag in the large size Foodsaver bags (?) Talk about waste!

She's just one of those parents that knows everything, kwim?
sharlan 02:39 PM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
Those are great! They come with a blue lid, and I haven't had one leak yet. I've had a few of the other brands leak.

http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Drop-I...ef=pd_sim_ba_2
My daughter used those for my grandson. They worked great until she discovered he was allergic to breast milk.
storybookending 07:41 PM 12-07-2017
I had a child on dr. Browns bottles for about a month and mom sent this brush along with it for cleaning. They switched him back to his original bottles after a month of the Dr. Browns bottles as they switched to help his reflux and it made no change. I too hate those bottles.
Pestle 04:15 AM 12-08-2017
Old thread bumped by a spammer linking to bottle brushes.

But on that note--MAM bottles. Sweet Mary. Were they invented just to make me lose my mind?
Miss A 06:04 AM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:

But on that note--MAM bottles. Sweet Mary. Were they invented just to make me lose my mind?
A-freaking-men! I never understood why the bottom screwed off too. Those and the Vent-Aire bottles are some of the worst ideas in the bottle world.

I am a Playtex Drop-In mom. Yes, there is a bit of a cost to using them with the liners, but I loved that I could push the air out of them for DS. Plus, when you are done you just toss the liner and wash the nipple.

My grandma used them for my dad in the 70's, my mom used them on us, and I will use them for all of my own babies.
storybookending 07:50 AM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:

Man you guys are good. I realized it was an old thread but how the heck do you tell if they are spammers or someone asking a question that’s genuinely asking a question but doesn’t understand forums?
happymom 08:15 AM 12-08-2017
I was "sold" on the ventaire bottles with my first son 6 years ago.

Then I was "sold" on dr browns with my second son. I ditched all the pieces and just used them like a regular bottle with a nipple and ring. Basically, they were expensive regular bottles
Baby Beluga 08:44 AM 12-08-2017
Old thread, but I LOVE Dr. Brown bottles. Used them with DD who had aspiration issues and reflux and use them with DS who also has reflux but his is worse than DD's was.

They are a pain to clean. But if you have one of "those" babies they are SO worth it.

We tried all different bottles with both kids, and Dr. Brown's were by far the best.

MAM bottles drove me nuts with DS. They leaked ALL THE TIME. Hated those.
Cat Herder 08:52 AM 12-08-2017
FTR, I still use that same apple slicer and tart maker (dumped those sippy's though ). Pampered chef is the bomb. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...693TB6VJ&psc=1
hwichlaz 10:21 PM 12-08-2017
As a nursing mom, I hated the old playtex. Babies learn to bite down on them to control the flow.....

I like the old fashioned evenflow glass bottles.

I provide the bottles, so I get to use what I like.

I’ve had to compromise for picky nurslings that wanted a bottle shaped like a breast, but am usually able to get them on the evenflo. They fit better in my hand and are more comfortable for me to use. My hands are painful most days.
LysesKids 06:23 AM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Most of my toys are pre 2000. Some going back to the 70's.
Yep, my wooden alphabet blocks are the ones I & my siblings used... heck my own kids played with them (I'll be 60 in 2.5 years lol). My babies love them
DaveA 03:16 AM 12-12-2017
I give parents the choice of Evenflo or Avent bottles. Never had problems with either and don't have to worry about cleaning a bunch of parts.
Justjoy 08:30 AM 12-13-2017
OMG!! I just had a 12 week old start with me 3 days ago with bottles from "The Honest Co" I literally have tried everything I can think of to remove the caps from these things, and nothing works! I eventually get the cap off of one bottle and just keep refilling it all day long. Talked to the mom about it and she said, "just squeeze it around the ring." Yeah right!
Anyone else dealing with this brand of bottle? I'd love some tips!
Tags:2011, avent, bottle, bottle dr brown, bottles, colicky, dr browns, gas, gassy
Reply Up