Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Screamer
cillybean83 06:02 AM 03-07-2011
So my screamer baby I was telling you about, the one that screams like she's being murdered unless you're walking around the house holding and bouncing her...the one I tell the mom daily that she was upset all day, and mom totally brushes it off like "aww poor fussy baby"...well this morning she comes in looking haggard, says the baby must need a doctor, she screamed constantly all weekend!

I just took lil the little angel and said "awww...poor baby!"

tee hee!

It's colic, she'll outgrow it, but it's nice to know she saved some of her screaming for mom on the weekend! Now she gets it! lol
Cat Herder 06:03 AM 03-07-2011
Did DCM at least make an appointment to see a doctor?????
cillybean83 06:11 AM 03-07-2011
no, and she just had her check up a few days ago and she was fine, mom just didn't get that colic SUCKS...and she experienced it first hand this weekend and thinks that a doctor can fix it

baby has been colicky for a couple weeks now...but mom works the weekends so grandma has her saturday and sunday, i have her mon-fri, dad drops her off on moms days off because mom needs time to "rest"
laundrymom 09:41 AM 03-07-2011
I applaud you! I have a almost 2 here 2 days a week who is crying if I'm not holding her. Seriously crying. It started 3 weeks ago and I've had her over a year. I'm seriously thinking of terming because those 2 days I hate my job.
cillybean83 09:54 AM 03-07-2011
it bothers me only because it disrupts the day for the other kids, but it doesn't bother me to hear the crying...if that makes sense. I check her diaper, feed her, put warm clothes on her (what is up with parents brining their kids out in short sleeves when it's 40 degrees?!), pat her back, bicycle her legs, etc etc...i exhaust every known option I have, and in the end, sometimes I have to put her in the moses basket, bassinet, swing, whatever...and just let her fuss while I attend to the others, I feel bad for her but her crying doesn't upset me or make me jittery or anything...if I could I would hold her all day, as I dont think you can spoil a tiny baby...but this is daycare, no one gets to monopolize all my time, not even my own lil boogers
Tags:screaming
Reply Up