Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>IRS delay
cillybean83 06:16 AM 03-08-2011
I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.

I filed on 1/27, my return was accepted 2/16...I was giving a DD date of 2/25, then 3/1, then 3/8, then just a notice of "sorry your refund has been delayed code 1481" or something like that.

So on 3/1 I called the IRS they said they didn't know why it was delayed, and that i would get my refund in 6-8 weeks from the day it was accepted, if the website message didn't change or i didn't get anything in the mail in the next week, i could call back

i called back this morning and was told it has something to do with the homebuyer tax credit, it had to be manually verified, the lady i spoke with send a message to processing, then she said i should get my refund in 6-8 weeks from TODAY...I was like...um I was told a week ago that it would be 6-8 weeks from the date of acceptance and she said no it's 6-8 weeks from the day you last call?? So if I called 6 weeks from now, I would have to wait an additional 6-8 weeks?!

Help, this is getting ridiculous, I was told I might not get my refund til May 6th and I filed in JANUARY!!!
Cat Herder 06:37 AM 03-08-2011
That is odd to me. I had mine in about 9 days after the mail date; direct deposited.

My accountant mailed it, so not a "refund loan" either...

I don't recall mine having ever been delayed...

Is yours being mailed maybe??
cillybean83 06:57 AM 03-08-2011
when I talked to the IRS today they said it is still scheduled for direct deposit...i don't know, i googled it and other people are having problems with the homebuyer tax credit stuff...but it seems utterly ridiculous to have to wait 3 or 4 months for a stupid refund!
Cat Herder 07:08 AM 03-08-2011
Ah, the bailout stuff..... gotcha..

I keep getting political emails about the government about to shut down next week, so maybe that is what it is about.... I say let them....maybe we will then realize we like it.... (no, not really....)

IDK...

The emails say they need our help, but then ask for more money... I already pay way too many times on the same dollar I earn AND whatever I buy with it as well.... I am livid I have to pay more because I created my own job...

ok...on to another topic before that vein starts up again....
Little People 09:04 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
when I talked to the IRS today they said it is still scheduled for direct deposit...i don't know, i googled it and other people are having problems with the homebuyer tax credit stuff...but it seems utterly ridiculous to have to wait 3 or 4 months for a stupid refund!
We were told by our closing company that the IRS was coming down hard on the home buyers credit.(There was thousands of people who claimed it and never bought a house) He said that if the papers that we to be sent in WERE NOT signed by both buyer and seller that the IRS was taking their dear time on them as they had to get the recorded info and that can take 4-6 weeks. At our closing they had all the papers with signatures at the bottom, and the sellers and us signed them. (There was no place to have signatures on these forms, but our closing company MADE signature lines.

We got our refund back in 2 weeks. We amended our 2009 taxes and then we sent the papers in cerf. mail.
cillybean83 09:40 AM 03-08-2011
we bought our house in may 2008, we paid cash for it so no mortgage...when we went in in Feb 2009 we didn't even know what the tax credit was, but they said it was an interest free loan paid back 500 a year for 15 years, so we took it and did a lot of house repairs...in April of that year they decided that you didn't have to pay the loan back, but they didn't back date that to people who got the loan BEFORE april, so we have to pay back the 7500...

anyhoo, this is the first year that the irs is collecting the payments, so we had our 500 deducted from our refund and they are taking their sweet time separating our cut from their cut basically...it's lame, i mean how hard it is to subtract 500 bucks from a refund?!
Reply Up