Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Won't Eat?
cillybean83 06:16 AM 03-15-2011
The 8 week old that I watch really confuses me! :\

She has never been breastfed, has been on the same Dr. Brown's bottles since birth, but she acts like she doesn't know how to suck a bottle, she pushes the nipple around in her mouth, won't latch, chokes on the nipple, etc....it's a struggle to feed her...I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this?
Little People 06:17 AM 03-15-2011
Could she have an ear infection?
robinsoninfl 06:18 AM 03-15-2011
My daughter did this suddenly and without warning at about the same age. She was diagnosed with reflux! She spit up a lot all the time until she was 9 mos. old too. But some babies have silent reflux and they don't always have to spit up a lot to have it.
cillybean83 06:20 AM 03-15-2011
her mom just took her in to get her ears checked

she is by far the mos difficult baby I've ever had, she never smiles or coos or anything...she constantly cries unless shes held and when you hold her she still won't relax she squirms all over and grunts and rubs her face into your shirt until her face turns red, then if you turn her around she'll scream...i don't know what to do with her!
cillybean83 06:22 AM 03-15-2011
she's on a special formula for colic, but i don't think she has colic, i think she's used to being held 24/7...because from what i know of colic, babies don't just scream when they're not being held, right?
Cat Herder 06:37 AM 03-15-2011
Does she have any oral signs of thrush???

Is this a new thing or has this been happening the whole time?
Tags:won't eat
Reply Up