Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It’s Not In The Rules: REALLY??
daycare 03:08 PM 03-01-2011
So I posted earlier about the white stool. Thanks for those who responded

I talked to the mom and mom informs me that the father was supposed to tell me that the child was ill over the weekend with the stomach flu or some kind of food poisoning. They have had her on the brat diet. I ask if she had been on any medication, mom says NO.

So I go on to tell mom that the child is constantly using the bathroom all day and so far at 2pm has had 5 completely white banana looking bowel movements, actually whiter than a banana. Mom replies oh its nothing.

I inform the mom that I goggled it and that it could be something serious, but I did not want to jump to conclusion. I asked her if she would take her daughter to the doc before returning her to care and the mom state” No, it’s not on your list of rules and exclusions” WOW that is all I can say.

I am so furious that a parent would refuse to seek medical attention for their child just because it was not on a list…………. I am so jaw dropped and baffled that I don’t even know where to go with this..

Advice?
Unregistered 03:22 PM 03-01-2011
Hand her an adendem (sp?) to the handbook and include white stools.
Zoe 03:25 PM 03-01-2011
To me, if a child has to be on the brat diet, then that could qualify under the diarrhea portion of most people's illness policies. So you could use this.

Or, since the child may have had "the stomach bug or some kind of food poisoning" but the parents aren't sure, then the child may have some form of contagious illness and THAT qualifies as well! The child needs to see a dr. to rule out any contagious illness and only then (with a dr's note) can the child return to daycare.

It's not about the white stool. The mom herself said he might have had a stomach bug. I'm sure that kind of thing is in your illness policy and HOW DARE she refuse this!

Stand firm!
GretasLittleFriends 03:25 PM 03-01-2011
Explain to the parents that you feel their child could be in serious danger and if they don't take her to the doctor then you will need to call 9-1-1 and have the child looked at by the paramedics, at their expense.

You could print out some info that you've read online about the stools and give it to them.

As far as not being in your rules and/or handbook, I'd recommend adding something along the lines of:

<Listed Dept of Health guidelines>

I have the right to refuse to care for a sick child. If your child develops any of the above symptoms while in my care, or any other symptoms NOT listed above that cause great concern, you or your alternate will be required to pick up your child immediately. If the child is not picked up within an hour of my calling a $5.00 for every 15minutes or portion there of charge may be assessed. If I have to call a parent to pick up a child that has been dropped off for care to ill to participate in the day the child will also be required to stay at home the following day. Your child may return to care 24 hours AFTER symptoms of illness end.

Good luck! I hope it's nothing serious!
DCMomOf3 03:44 PM 03-01-2011
I replied in your other post too..

everything I've seen says take the kid to the doctor asap and bring a stool sample. My contract says:

Children who are ill are not to be brought to day care. Examples of children who are ill:
A temperature of 100.0 degrees F. or higher within the last 24 hours
Vomiting or diarrhea has occurred more than once in the past 24 hours
A contagious disease such as chicken pox, strep throat or pink eye
An unidentified rash
Have not been on a prescribed medication for 24 hours or continue to have symptoms of illness
Has a constant, thick colored nasal discharge
Children may return when they are symptom free, have been appropriately treated, or have been given medical approval to return to child
care.

I bolded my sentence stating a list of EXAMPLES, not a definitive list. If you have the same, I'd tell the mom the list isn't all inclusive and you have determined that the child is ill and has to be seen by a doctor and a doctor's note stating the cause of the white stool is needed before returning. Have a stool sample in a ziploc bag ready and waiting if you can. also print out the potential causes from a health website to back up your claim that white stool is an indicator of illness.
daycare 03:50 PM 03-01-2011
This is the same family that I told them that the child was not feeling well and that they needed to keep an eye out for symptoms that could escalate. They ignored me went camping and guess what….;they came home early after their child had a seizure from fever due to pneumonia. The child missed two weeks of care…. This was just a few weeks ago….

So I printed out a few of the sites that I found on white stool and have them ready to go when mom gets here. hopefully it will make the mom rethink her decision.
JenNJ 03:55 PM 03-01-2011
Ok -- this is YOUR house and YOUR business. Sick kids are an extra liability. Tell mom that she cannot come back until she has been to a doctor and you have a note in hand that the dr saw her, treated/diagnosed her, and is clearing her for care. This takes that liability OFF of you. If mom doesn't agree -- BUH - BYE. Is she going to force her way in your door? No. She can only come in if you LET her in.
gbcc 04:11 PM 03-01-2011
Ok, I tend to be a softee with things but this is a bit too far. Honestly, if the stools are white and you believe what you are reading online then I would call CPS. I know you will loose the money and thats unfortunate but this child could be seriously ill from what I gather. I'm thinking CPS will also see this as neglagent (sp?) medical care.
squareone 04:20 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
, or any other symptoms NOT listed above that cause great concern,
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
I'd tell the mom the list isn't all inclusive and you have determined that the child is ill ...
This is exactly why whenever you have a "list" of anything in your contract it's a good idea to say "including but not limited to..."

Originally Posted by daycare:
This is the same family that I told them that the child was not feeling well and that they needed to keep an eye out for symptoms that could escalate. They ignored me went camping and guess what….;they came home early after their child had a seizure from fever due to pneumonia. The child missed two weeks of care…. This was just a few weeks ago….
Wow, so you really know what kind of parents you are dealing with. I guess since they were off work for two weeks they are just not trying to miss anymore days. I can't believe that white stools wouldn't even prompt them to CALL to the doctor.
daycare 04:50 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by squareone:
This is exactly why whenever you have a "list" of anything in your contract it's a good idea to say "including but not limited to..."

Wow, so you really know what kind of parents you are dealing with. I guess since they were off work for two weeks they are just not trying to miss anymore days. I can't believe that white stools wouldn't even prompt them to CALL to the doctor.
nope... I tried again at pick up with google advice from webmd, but mom says oh there is nothing wrong that its becuase she was just recently sick and now is letting everything out......... she said I understand your concern but I dont see a need to seek medical attention...

I feel like I did what I could and that since its not my child I cant do anything else. the child does not have any other symptoms and seemed ok other than the need to poop all day long so I really dont have a reason to exclude the child if there is nothing that I can prove is medially wrong..

my PHB states:

DO NOT send your child to daycare if they exhibit any of the following symptoms, or conditions (this list only covers the most common illnesses, but is not inclusive of all reasons for exclusion) The following list of symptoms and conditions are those based off of what the CDC states is not acceptable conditions for your child to attend school of any kind.
Kaddidle Care 05:49 PM 03-01-2011
After reading some of the reasons of white stool on the net, I would not let the child back without a Dr.'s note.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5382038_wh...-children.html

One of the items it could be is Viral Hepatitis which IS contagious.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/v/vira...contagious.htm

SCARY!
squareone 06:14 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
After reading some of the reasons of white stool on the net, I would not let the child back without a Dr.'s note.

SCARY!

Daycare, please call this mom tonight. Right now. Tell her that it is entirely up to her as to whether she wants to take dcg to see a doctor or not. However, since her symptoms could be related to a contagious condition, you have to have a doctor's note from her that states what the diagnosis is, what the recommended treatment is, and whether or not the condition is contagious. It is your responsibility to do what you can to protect the other kids in your care plus your self and your family.

Even if the symptoms disappear I would still require a note before she can return. I'm a slight hypochondriac so in addition to being worried about dcg, I would be worried about my family.
daycare 06:22 PM 03-01-2011

SCARY!
I read all of those sites and are the ones that I even printed out... yes scary.
I talked to an advice nurse at my hospital (my husband works there) and the advice nurse said that i should allow for the child to return, however, if the child has white bowel movements tomorrow then I need to exclude the child from care.
Kaddidle Care 06:44 PM 03-01-2011
It's just sad that the child's parents are so flip about this.
daycare 07:09 PM 03-01-2011
It's just sad that the child's parents are so flip about this.
yeah i am very sad about it... i was actually crying earlier outof frustration.. I am just really hoping that there is nothing wrong with this child.....I was not wrong the last 4 times with the child when they were ill, but it was more common things that I knew about. I have no medical backgroud and have no idea what is going on with this child.... All that I know is that if there is something wrong, I may be saying good bye to this family. I cant take any more of this lack of parenting and frustration, not to mention heartache..............
Lilbutterflie 07:09 PM 03-01-2011
Daycare, I would call CPS. Failing to seek medical treatment for a child with a suspected serious illness is NEGLECT. If this already happened once (she had pneumonia and they went camping), and is now happening again... something needs to be done. You have a responsibility to report this.

I recently had to report one of my daycare kids, and it wasn't fun, but you have an obligation to do so. In my state, it can be a state jailed felony. And "Failing to seek medical treatment" is one of the definitions CPS uses for neglect.
daycare 07:13 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
Daycare, I would call CPS. Failing to seek medical treatment for a child with a suspected serious illness is NEGLECT. If this already happened once (she had pneumonia and they went camping), and is now happening again... something needs to be done. You have a responsibility to report this.

I recently had to report one of my daycare kids, and it wasn't fun, but you have an obligation to do so. In my state, it can be a state jailed felony. And "Failing to seek medical treatment" is one of the definitions CPS uses for neglect.
not sure if you read the previous post that I talked to an adivce nurse and they said at this point that I cant demand on speculation that a child is ill. however, if tomorrow the child returns and still has the same symptoms, then I need to collect proof, document it and demand that the child seeks medical care... I will call cps if it gets to that point...
Lilbutterflie 07:21 PM 03-01-2011
not sure if you read the previous post that I talked to an adivce nurse and they said at this point that I cant demand on speculation that a child is ill. however, if tomorrow the child returns and still has the same symptoms, then I need to collect proof, document it and demand that the child seeks medical care... I will call cps if it gets to that point...
Sorry, I skimmed over the responses and missed that one.

Yes, document, document, document. I hope everything is okay tomorrow and she's back to normal. Still, keep your documentation for the next time this may happen. If it's happened twice already, in the span of just about one month; it will happen again.
Lucy 07:21 PM 03-01-2011
Dear Parents,

In an effort to keep up with any and all excludable illnesses, I will now update my list.

White Poop
Blue Poop
Green Poop
Any color poop other than brown poop

Thank you.
daycare 07:29 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by Joyce:
Dear Parents,

In an effort to keep up with any and all excludable illnesses, I will now update my list.

White Poop
Blue Poop
Green Poop

Thank you.
lamo blue poop.... my older son ate blue crayons one time when he was little and had blue poop....I ran him to the ER not knowing what was wrong and laughed all the way home....
Mrs.Ky 04:44 AM 03-02-2011
The heck if the child would return to my daycare without being seen by a doctor and with a doctors note. This Mom is playing with fire her child could have something SERIOUSLY wrong with her MAKE her take her kid to the doctor buy requiring a doctors note and the report of her stool sample before returning to daycare do NOT let this Mom run your daycare and put the other children in danger Im sure the other daycare parents would be livid if they knew a child was in care with something that could be serious and put there child in danger of getting it.
Kaddidle Care 04:49 AM 03-02-2011
Dear Parents,

White Poop
Blue Poop
Green Poop

Thank you.
haha! My own son had vivid green I think it was - I finally figured out it was from the blue food coloring on the frosting of a carvel ice cream cake.
squareone 05:13 AM 03-02-2011
haha! My own son had vivid green I think it was - I finally figured out it was from the blue food coloring on the frosting of a carvel ice cream cake.

Same here! We went to a birthday party where they served very heavily frosted bright pink Hello Kitty cupcakes. Both of my kids had pink poop the next morning. Startled me at first but then I realized right away what it must have been. I emailed the other parents and we all had a good laugh about it.
E Daycare 05:38 AM 03-02-2011
Ive never heard of this but Id be in the same boat as freaking out as you guys. If a child had banana looking bowel movements Id be on the phone trying my hardest too. I hope this child is in fact ok but from the sounds of it, this childs parents are a few lose and really need CPS to monitor them for a bit for neglect.

My DS was on a antibiotic that turned his bowel movements bright red. My husband changed him and freaked out thinking we were "killing our baby, these antibiotics are making him bleed out we need to stop". I had to pull out the paperwork with the antibiotic and in big huge letters in the side effects section it said "MAY TURN STOOLS RED". So that calmed him down but I still informed his sitter at the time to not be alarmed about red poo. If it wasnt a side affect you bet your life I wouldve called the on call nurse right then and there at 3am. ESPECIALLY for very looking abnormal BM. If I had anything close to abnormal BM Id be calling MY doctor so Id think theyd take care of their kid like they take care of themselves if not better. Currently my DS is running on blue BMs but hes in love with blueberries right now so Im not alarmed. lol
Lilbutterflie 05:50 AM 03-02-2011
Daycare, what is the update today?
jen 07:27 AM 03-02-2011
So I posted earlier about the white stool. Thanks for those who responded

I talked to the mom and mom informs me that the father was supposed to tell me that the child was ill over the weekend with the stomach flu or some kind of food poisoning. They have had her on the brat diet. I ask if she had been on any medication, mom says NO.

So I go on to tell mom that the child is constantly using the bathroom all day and so far at 2pm has had 5 completely white banana looking bowel movements, actually whiter than a banana. Mom replies oh its nothing.

I inform the mom that I goggled it and that it could be something serious, but I did not want to jump to conclusion. I asked her if she would take her daughter to the doc before returning her to care and the mom state” No, it’s not on your list of rules and exclusions” WOW that is all I can say.

I am so furious that a parent would refuse to seek medical attention for their child just because it was not on a list…………. I am so jaw dropped and baffled that I don’t even know where to go with this..

Advice?
To be completely honest, I wouldn't have a parent in care who was this difficult to work with. I would simply state that I didn't feel comfortable with the situation as it stands, that it is important that we work together in the best interest of the child, and since we very clearly have a very different ideas as to what "best interest" means, that I am probably not the best provider for them.
DCMom 07:34 AM 03-02-2011
I haven't read all the replies, but if she wants a 'rule' give her one that specifically states your policy on white stools. For heaven sake, how dumb is she??

More importantly, this child needs to see a doctor immediately. I've only seen white stools once in 22 years; it was last year and the two year old ended up being diagnosed with Hepatitis A and was hospitalized for a week.
daycare 07:59 AM 03-02-2011
so the child came late to care this morning, just got here..Parents were out late at dinner last night?????? so I will let you guys know what is going on when I find out.

I am still waiting to hear back from the county nurse that handles daycare medical issues....

thanks for all of your responses..
cillybean83 08:05 AM 03-02-2011
tmi...but I had the same thing happen to me last year, my gall bladder had quit functioing and my liver was "sick" as the drs put it...they need to seek help immediately, by the time i was at white poop stage, my gallbladder had literally popped and sent gallstones shooting into my organs like buckshot
daycare 08:40 AM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
tmi...but I had the same thing happen to me last year, my gall bladder had quit functioing and my liver was "sick" as the drs put it...they need to seek help immediately, by the time i was at white poop stage, my gallbladder had literally popped and sent gallstones shooting into my organs like buckshot
one of the main reasons that the parents are not buying into that there is something wrong, is becuase this is the only symptom. were you in any pain of any kind?

I am starting a report and am taking my old ones and are finding some interesting things here. this happens to also be the same child that I posted about that goes all day without eating or drinking food while here....

I am starting to see a trend in some things that are def. wrong..................
momofboys 08:45 AM 03-02-2011
one of the main reasons that the parents are not buying into that there is something wrong, is becuase this is the only symptom. were you in any pain of any kind?

I am starting a report and am taking my old ones and are finding some interesting things here. this happens to also be the same child that I posted about that goes all day without eating or drinking food while here....

I am starting to see a trend in some things that are def. wrong..................
So the child typically won't eat/drink while in your care? That is not normal either. KUP on what your county nurse has to say!
Christian Mother 10:33 AM 03-02-2011
Ok, there is def. something wrong...I read your other post about this child not eating or drinking through the day. I thought your DCK was maybe just being difficult...but this sounds serious. Let me ask you this? If that parent is not being a parent and just not taking your concerns seriously...take it in your own hands and deal with the consequences later. I would try and get that nurse on the phone asap. What if something happen in your daycare today, tomorrow..end of the week bc no one is taken proper action right away. If they won't do it...you need to do something and fast. Did you say in this tread that the parents missed 2 wks of work bc there child had a seizure while they all went camping? I can't find that particular message on here. I have to say...I am worried about this child...You need to do something about this if the parents won't. I just ck'd out on google doing a fast search and this is what I found...please don't delay. Force these parents to do something and fast. If they get mad so what. Follow your heart...you know that there is something wrong..go with your gut on this. http://www.ehow.com/about_5382038_wh...-children.html
daycare 10:45 AM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
Ok, there is def. something wrong...I read your other post about this child not eating or drinking through the day. I thought your DCK was maybe just being difficult...but this sounds serious. Let me ask you this? If that parent is not being a parent and just not taking your concerns seriously...take it in your own hands and deal with the consequences later. I would try and get that nurse on the phone asap. What if something happen in your daycare today, tomorrow..end of the week bc no one is taken proper action right away. If they won't do it...you need to do something and fast. Did you say in this tread that the parents missed 2 wks of work bc there child had a seizure while they all went camping? I can't find that particular message on here. I have to say...I am worried about this child...You need to do something about this if the parents won't. I just ck'd out on google doing a fast search and this is what I found...please don't delay. Force these parents to do something and fast. If they get mad so what. Follow your heart...you know that there is something wrong..go with your gut on this. http://www.ehow.com/about_5382038_wh...-children.html
trust me I am doing all that I can... but like the advice nurse said that without any evidence I legally cannot do anything... All that I can do right now is wait for the child to use the bathroom and then collect the stool. keep good documents, which I have been doing.
If it were my child I would have taken them the day of, but it's not and right now it is only my word against theirs sad, but true....
snbauser 10:50 AM 03-02-2011
I hope the child is okay. But as far as policies, if the child had been in the bathroom 5 times before 2pm, they would have gone home.
Lilbutterflie 10:57 AM 03-02-2011
trust me I am doing all that I can... but like the advice nurse said that without any evidence I legally cannot do anything... All that I can do right now is wait for the child to use the bathroom and then collect the stool. keep good documents, which I have been doing.
If it were my child I would have taken them the day of, but it's not and right now it is only my word against theirs sad, but true....
You CAN do something. By going through all of her records today, and realizing there is much more than meets the eye; you have suspicions of neglect, right? I know I DO based on what you've told us, as do many others who have previously posted. You have LOTS of evidence already... the camping trip they took after you told them she was not feeling well & ended with a seizure from pneumonia; white stools with no trip to the Dr., and the countless conversations you've had with them about the child not eating/drinking.
daycare 12:32 PM 03-02-2011
so DCK still has not gone #2 and still waiting to hear from county health nurse..

I have talked to my site monitor and she said that at this point the parent is not in the wrong. Even though she too feels for the child, she said that I have to let the situation be until there is direct proof that there is something medically wrong.... ugh..........
cillybean83 01:13 PM 03-02-2011
i had what felt like gas pains...I was always full, but it didn't feel like i was full as in "i just ate a 3 course meal" i felt like i was pumped full of air, i couldn't eat, i couldn't drink, if i attempted to eat or drink, that's when the pain was really "bad" but...i hesitate to call it pain, it was more like discomfort, i would beat on my chest, have my hubby pound my back, becuae i just felt so FULL, like i needed to burp or something...it was so strange

the real pain didn't kick in until my gall bladder burst, i felt like i had been shot, and in a sense, i had been from the inside...i had internal bleeding, my BP was 59/32 or something crazy like that....i had to get shot up with epinephrine or however you spell it...i almost died, and it got that bad because i put it off for too long, i was totally functional, but when it was bad, it was really bad, it came in spells (the gas pain) but the fullness was constant, i bet i lost 20 pounds because i just didn't want to eat or drink ANYTHING
daycare 01:34 PM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
i had what felt like gas pains...I was always full, but it didn't feel like i was full as in "i just ate a 3 course meal" i felt like i was pumped full of air, i couldn't eat, i couldn't drink, if i attempted to eat or drink, that's when the pain was really "bad" but...i hesitate to call it pain, it was more like discomfort, i would beat on my chest, have my hubby pound my back, becuae i just felt so FULL, like i needed to burp or something...it was so strange

the real pain didn't kick in until my gall bladder burst, i felt like i had been shot, and in a sense, i had been from the inside...i had internal bleeding, my BP was 59/32 or something crazy like that....i had to get shot up with epinephrine or however you spell it...i almost died, and it got that bad because i put it off for too long, i was totally functional, but when it was bad, it was really bad, it came in spells (the gas pain) but the fullness was constant, i bet i lost 20 pounds because i just didn't want to eat or drink ANYTHING
thanks sso much for sharing... as may have seen in my earlier post, this child also does not want to eat either....

I almost feel like I want to fib to the DCP and tell them that the child is vomiting just so that they will take the child to the doctors. Im so frustrated, mad, angry and sad.

I just dont get it.... if someone said hey your kid had ________fill in the blank and it could be a serious condition I would belive them and seek care for my child..

At this point I am going to tell the DCP that I don't feel as though they trust myb judgement so why trust me with their child, however, I don't want to term them as then it would just be sending the child away and will never get care perhaps until its too late??

what would you do?
Live and Learn 02:27 PM 03-02-2011
Don't "fib" (lie) about a child's health to the parent just to make a point.

Just wait it out. Time will tell.

For what it is worth, if it were my child he already would have been seen by a doc. IMHO the parent isn't being as cautious with the child's healthy as she should be.

....but don't lie just to be right.
daycare 02:31 PM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
Don't "fib" (lie) about a child's health to the parent just to make a point.

Just wait it out. Time will tell.

For what it is worth, if it were my child he already would have been seen by a doc. IMHO the parent isn't being as cautious with the child's healthy as she should be.

....but don't lie just to be right.
dear god I hope that I am wrong here... I would never fib to a parent about their child, but trust me I did think about it...not to be right, but to get the child help....

what else could I do at this point to help the child?
KEG123 02:39 PM 03-02-2011
You can't, really. Just have to wait it out, unfortunately. You've done all you can do. You've been given great advice. I know it's hard to be concerned about a child when their parents obviously don't seem to care.
Lilbutterflie 04:35 PM 03-02-2011
I'm just wondering if she had any BM's today?

One thing is for sure. If you have a white bm, it's because it doesn't have any bile in it. That either means something is wrong in the liver (which produces bile), or it's being obstructed before it gets to the gallbladder. I don't think this just fixes itself, whatever condition it is will get worse.

Please keep us informed!
daycare 04:56 PM 03-02-2011
uuugghh

well no update.. dad picked up the child right after nap and there was no BM while the child was here. So the saga goes on until tomorrow.

I am going to call the mom tonight and talk with her. DCD and I don't really get along too well, so I don't talk to him too much....

mom is super sweet, but seems to be ruled by her husband.

thanks for all of your help and responses.... wish me luck tonight talking to the mom
SilverSabre25 04:59 PM 03-02-2011
Good luck! I really hope everything works out for that little girl. White BM is NOT normal and I feel bad for her that her parents don't seem to realize/care.

eta: I really hope you document EVERYTHING--everytime she had a white BM, everytime you spoke to someone about it, EVERYTHING. Because if something tragic happens (god forbid it would, but worst case scenario) I would be worried that the parents would try to blame YOU for it, and you need to have a good strong paper trail to try and PROVE that you did everything in your power to alert the parents and get the child the help she needs.
daycare 05:07 PM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Good luck! I really hope everything works out for that little girl. White BM is NOT normal and I feel bad for her that her parents don't seem to realize/care.

eta: I really hope you document EVERYTHING--everytime she had a white BM, everytime you spoke to someone about it, EVERYTHING. Because if something tragic happens (god forbid it would, but worst case scenario) I would be worried that the parents would try to blame YOU for it, and you need to have a good strong paper trail to try and PROVE that you did everything in your power to alert the parents and get the child the help she needs.
yes I have and I have even gone a step further to get the county health advisor involved on this. I have sent her my reports and save all the emails that I sent her as well. So I now have her on my side too.....

again thanks so much for your help and advice on this....

so frustrating
Unregistered 05:18 PM 03-02-2011
You started two threads, call the county health nurse, watched her not eat or drink all day and are considering reporting her family as negligent and you didn't talk to her dad at pick up? WHo is negligent?
daycare 07:08 PM 03-02-2011
That's correct. The dad will only Argue with me so it's pointless. I will be talking to the mother after she is done eating. Please don't try to turn this on me. The only person trying to seek help for this child. I suggest reading all the responses before assuming I have not tried to resolve this matter.. Thanks unregistered tell me then what I'm supposed to do since I'm not doing my job right ?
marniewon 09:43 PM 03-02-2011
That's correct. The dad will only Argue with me so it's pointless. I will be talking to the mother after she is done eating. Please don't try to turn this on me. The only person trying to seek help for this child. I suggest reading all the responses before assuming I have not tried to resolve this matter.. Thanks unregistered tell me then what I'm supposed to do since I'm not doing my job right ?
Daycare, you are doing everything right. You are documenting everything, have asked for information, you have called a nurse to help you with this. Please don't let this unregistered person get to you or undermine what you are doing with this child. Anyone who has read this thread knows that you are looking out for the best interest of this child.

Anyone who insists on remaining unregistered, unless in the case of sensitive daycare issues, to me anyway, does not deserve a response. Especially if said "unregistered" is just trying to stir up trouble.

Stand firm in what you are doing and know that you may just possibly be the only advocate this child has. Talk to mom in the morning and try to get the importance of this issue relayed.

And let us know how it turns out.
jen 10:13 PM 03-02-2011
You are doing a ton...that is just some troll trying to stir the pot!
Kaddidle Care 04:55 AM 03-03-2011

momatheart 05:23 AM 03-03-2011
Waiting for your update today on this matter.

You know it really is not the kids so much as the parents that just IRRITATE us to no end. Kids sometimes with behavior but the behavior usuallys stems from the parents not doing THEIR JOB with their child.
Lilbutterflie 05:48 AM 03-03-2011
Yup. I just don't understand. You showed her your internet findings on how serious this can be; yet she still said no big deal. It's almost as if they have no health insurance so they don't want to pay the bill for the doctor visit?

And then bringing her late yesterday with an excuse of going out to a late dinner the night before, and picking her up right after nap... I think they were trying to minimize the chances of you witnessing her BMs. It just seems so wierd.

How did your conversation with mom go?
jen 06:08 AM 03-03-2011
Is it possible that they already KNOW what is wrong with the poor kid and don't want to tell you?
Lucy 03:31 PM 03-03-2011
Who is the troll?
daycare 03:35 PM 03-03-2011
Who is the troll?
the unregistered guest!! lol
Kaddidle Care 03:56 PM 03-03-2011
the unregistered guest!! lol
That is correct.

Sorry to leave you hanging on that. I had to go to work.
Tags:food poison, policy, rules, stomach flu, white stool
Reply Up