Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yo Gabba Gabba
cillybean83 01:04 PM 06-08-2011
My littles are addicted to Yo Gabba Gabba, we allow 45 minutes of TV a day (or 2 episodes of a show on netflix since there is no commercial interuption) and it varies between Dora, Blues Clues, Backyardigans, Diego, Wonder Pets, Yo Gabba Gabba, etc

These kids go NUTS over Yo Gabba Gabba, they dance and jump and laugh...and I'm just sitting there like WTH is going on...did I drop acid? Is this really happening? What is UP with that show?!?!
Michelle 01:07 PM 06-08-2011
I know, right
how much does that guy get paid to wear that tight orange body suit?

cillybean83 01:10 PM 06-08-2011
it's like they grabbed him of off skid row where he was turning tricks and didn't even bother to change his clothes lol
AmandasFCC 01:14 PM 06-08-2011
I used to feel that way about Yo Gabba Gabba, and then I started actually paying attention to the show and realized I REALLY REALLY like the lessons on that show. Like, everyone is different, clean up after yourself, look before you cross the street ..... I've bought my dd2 a bunch of Yo Gabba Gabba DVDs for long car rides, and have a ton recorded on my PVR for her
Michelle 01:19 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
it's like they grabbed him of off skid row where he was turning tricks and didn't even bother to change his clothes lol

poor guy!
What about when they had Jack Black on there and they had him in a (cough cough) tight body suit

I guess I have to pay attention more to see the lessons they are teaching.
I just use that 30 minutes to straighten things up and get lunch ready.
nannyde 01:31 PM 06-08-2011
never heard of that one
wdmmom 01:34 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
never heard of that one
You're lucky!

The guy is such a whack job that I refuse to have it on my TV...just like Barney! He makes my ears bleed!
JenNJ 02:19 PM 06-08-2011
I personally think it is one of the best children's shows on TV. It teaches respect, healthy eating/habits, kindness, sharing, and caring for our planet WITHOUT any religious undertones.
MyAngels 03:12 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by AmandasFCC:
I used to feel that way about Yo Gabba Gabba, and then I started actually paying attention to the show and realized I REALLY REALLY like the lessons on that show. Like, everyone is different, clean up after yourself, look before you cross the street ..... I've bought my dd2 a bunch of Yo Gabba Gabba DVDs for long car rides, and have a ton recorded on my PVR for her
Agreed - but the orange jumpsuit still creeps me out...
Zoe 06:02 PM 06-08-2011
I read so many articles about Yo Gabba Gabba and how the music is great for both children and adults. I actually watched it for the first time this past weekend and I was so excited. Then it started.

OMG! It's so obnoxious! I don't get how it appeals to grown ups as well. I just don't get it. My kids absolutely loved it though. The songs are great lessons portrayed in fun ways so I let them watch it. I, however, turn on some "grown up" music and try to tune it out.
Mom_of_two 06:34 PM 06-08-2011
We Love Yo Gabba Gabba!! I don't have TV on after all our friends arrive in the am, but my own girls love it! I think the lessons are great, the songs, love the characters- it is the only one I don't get tired of. I, too, at first thought it was really weird. Now I am a big fan!

ETA- look up DJ Lance he does have a background in music or entertainment, I was curious so looked on Wikipedia but it has been awhile.
littlemissmuffet 09:15 PM 06-08-2011
My kids don't get tv time at daycare, but... the hubs and I LOVE this show!! Acid trip, indeed!
TBird 08:22 AM 06-09-2011
Yes....weird looking whack jobs on that show but I've listened to it and they talk about some great things!!! Germs, not hitting your friends, etc., etc. You know...that's when you can get past the ugliness of the characters long enough to listen, LOL!!!
Tags:gabba gabba, television
Reply Up