Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Finally Did It!!
MizzCheryl 10:01 AM 05-16-2012
Every since I came to this message board I have wanted to consult with Nanny de. Well last week was just awful with behavior issues so I finally did it.
She is amazing!!
A 2 session consult and wow I am stunned at the improvement in my group.
She made it so simple and easy to understand.
I have been a provider for 14 years. It seems like it gets harder to deal with behaviors every year but with the tools she gave me I might just make it another 14 years.

The best part is my DCB4 really got to shine today. He had such a great day and got to be the leader I knew he could be. He was so happy he just hugged me and hugged me.

Now I am gonna have to change my user name! I am no longer Clueless!
AfterSchoolMom 10:24 AM 05-16-2012
Aw, I miss Nanny. So glad that you're seeing improvement!
Meeko 10:31 AM 05-16-2012

MarinaVanessa 10:36 AM 05-16-2012
Yeah I miss her too but glad to hear that she helped you out with your concerns. It's great to hear that you have improvements and it seems that you have found your mojo. That's awesome! I hope that it continues for that other 14 years
MizzCheryl 10:51 AM 05-16-2012
I miss her posts too!
She is so smart and funny.

Ya know in the past few years I have taken every workshop on behavior I could find. I paid for most of them too. They all said the same sorts of things and I would always come away thinking "What a waste of time and money!"
But it was not like that at all with the consult I did with Nanny De. She really looked at my program and right away got the causes of the behavior issues.
Then she told me just how to fix them.
I wish I had found her years ago!
She is worth every penny and cheaper than alot of the worthless classes I have taken!

AHHH
Feels good to have my confidence back.
spud912 01:49 PM 05-16-2012
I feel out of the loop. Why doesn't she post anymore?
daycare 01:54 PM 05-16-2012
wow that is awesome...

I gotta say Nannyde is so different that what I thought she would be when I talked to her..

i was expecting a stern hard voice, but instead she is soft and sweetly spoken. She really does have a lot of great advice to offer everyone....
MarinaVanessa 04:06 PM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by spud912:
Just hasn't been around. I bet she's busy with her sonsulting business.
MizzCheryl 03:20 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
wow that is awesome...

I gotta say Nannyde is so different that what I thought she would be when I talked to her..

i was expecting a stern hard voice, but instead she is soft and sweetly spoken. She really does have a lot of great advice to offer everyone....

DaisyMamma 04:05 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by spud912:
I noticed that she hasn't posted since she was suspended from the board a while back. I didn't see the post, but she and another member got into a strong debate. It's too bad, she had a lot of good advice.
MizzCheryl 04:11 AM 05-17-2012
OMGoodness.

It is 7am and my 2 wild kiddies are laying down like angels!!

Thank you thank you Nanny DE!!
DaisyMamma 04:19 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by Clueless:
OMGoodness.

It is 7am and my 2 wild kiddies are laying down like angels!!

Thank you thank you Nanny DE!!
Wow. I might have to hit her up about my own children. The daycare kids are fine, but my own can get out of control and whiney!

What type of problems were you having?
dEHmom 05:42 AM 05-17-2012
Glad to hear that things are going well!

I wish Nanny would do a Canadian tour! For the most part the kids here are great, but they all have that one little irritating thing they do, and all together it can be difficult to deal with.
B Lou 06:19 AM 05-17-2012
I miss her as well. Could always count on learning something from her. Wish she would find her way back.
Glad to hear she could help you with your problems.
JEM 06:56 AM 05-17-2012
Yes, come back Nan!!! It's not the same without you!
MizzCheryl 09:08 AM 05-17-2012
[Wow. I might have to hit her up about my own children. The daycare kids are fine, but my own can get out of control and whiney!

What type of problems were you having?[/quote]

I have 2 DCkids that were running, SASSING alot, constant arguing,squeeling and screaming and playing too loud, throwing things inside and just about anything they could think of to upset the group or cause chaos. Mashing food in their hands and playing with their feet at the lunch table. It was just constant correcting them all day to the point we could not have any fun.

Today we had a restaurant and played baby dolls even had a nice circle time.
They rested from 6:45 til 8 am when everyone else got here. And they didn't sleep. They layed there nicely and read books or rested the whole time.
DaisyMamma 09:15 AM 05-17-2012
That's awesome.
I wonder if they are so crazy because they have to get there so early.
Unregistered 09:22 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by Clueless:
[Wow. I might have to hit her up about my own children. The daycare kids are fine, but my own can get out of control and whiney!

What type of problems were you having?
I have 2 DCkids that were running, SASSING alot, constant arguing,squeeling and screaming and playing too loud, throwing things inside and just about anything they could think of to upset the group or cause chaos. Mashing food in their hands and playing with their feet at the lunch table. It was just constant correcting them all day to the point we could not have any fun.

Today we had a restaurant and played baby dolls even had a nice circle time.
They rested from 6:45 til 8 am when everyone else got here. And they didn't sleep. They layed there nicely and read books or rested the whole time.[/quote]

What advice did she give you to get everything under control? I wish she would come back too- she had a lot of great ideas, helps etc.....
MizzCheryl 09:41 AM 05-17-2012
Not at all.
They were feeding off of each other and were outta control. There was alot more to it than that. The extra rest is just a perk for me and them
Reply Up