Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What is it about Monday's??
Soupyszoo 01:51 PM 02-27-2012
I have yet to have a good Monday in this business! God help me if it's a holiday weekend and Tuesday becomes the new Monday!

All my dcks are fussy and crying! Everyone has snot pouring out if their faces. No one is getting along. One stops crying and another one starts! It's non stop today!!

Can we fast forward to Thursday? Or Saturday if we are wishing for things here!!

Is there anything special you guys do to ease the kids back to their daycare routines on Monday's? Does anyone else have the same Monday issues? It's like the kids come back from a weekend with their families and all the rules and routines have been completely forgotten!! Lol
daycare 01:59 PM 02-27-2012
ahhh retaining day.... Yup I hate them too

So on Monday I don't plan anything major. We have a loosely scheduled day. We also go down for naps earlier and every single one of my kids falls asleep within minutes. They get an extra hour of sleep on Monday from all of the weekend craziness.

95% of my families don't nap their kids on the weekend so they come here Monday and I let them catch up on missed sleep. Has been a routine for almost a year now and it works well for me and for the kids
Country Kids 02:00 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by Soupyszoo:
I have yet to have a good Monday in this business! God help me if it's a holiday weekend and Tuesday becomes the new Monday!

All my dcks are fussy and crying! Everyone has snot pouring out if their faces. No one is getting along. One stops crying and another one starts! It's non stop today!!

Can we fast forward to Thursday? Or Saturday if we are wishing for things here!!

Is there anything special you guys do to ease the kids back to their daycare routines on Monday's? Does anyone else have the same Monday issues? It's like the kids come back from a weekend with their families and all the rules and routines have been completely forgotten!! Lol

I'm there with ya sister! Its been everyday for us though it seems since Christmas break and this has been a very tough month.

What I don't understand at all and if anyone can explain this to me please do. Some of these children, the majority are in childcare 9-10 hours a day. Why can't they get the rules down?! Its the same rules every single day and some of these children are with us more awake time than with their own parents. Why can't/won't they follow the rules that never ever change. They say kids thrive on consitency but what about the ones that can't handle the consitency and routines 5 out of 7 days a week.
Soupyszoo 02:20 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I'm there with ya sister! Its been everyday for us though it seems since Christmas break and this has been a very tough month.

What I don't understand at all and if anyone can explain this to me please do. Some of these children, the majority are in childcare 9-10 hours a day. Why can't they get the rules down?! Its the same rules every single day and some of these children are with us more awake time than with their own parents. Why can't/won't they follow the rules that never ever change. They say kids thrive on consitency but what about the ones that can't handle the consitency and routines 5 out of 7 days a week.
My biiiigest problem is with the babies. I have a 6 mo and a 7 mo girl and boy. The dcp "wear" them 24/7 when they aren't with me. They cosleep and co-everything actually! So for the 50+ hours a week they are here they are impossible. Monday's are the worst! I have talked to the parents and they say they will stop but then they post pictures over the weekend wearing them around the house. So really?? I wish I could nap with your kids but I can't!! Lol
CountryMommy 02:29 PM 02-27-2012
I always feel like Mondays are days to catch up on sleep for the kids too.

Today the 19 month old slept for 2 hours in the morning. When I finally decided to wake her up she just laid herself back on the floor as if she wanted to sleep longer. After lunch I put her down for the afternoon nap and now it's 3:20 here and all of my children are still sleeping.

I always don't know if I should wake them up or let them sleep when they sleep this much. The mom has told me that if they're sleeping, they obviously need the sleep, so to just let them sleep. But I'm still always wondering how long is too long.
daycare 02:38 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by CountryMommy:
I always feel like Mondays are days to catch up on sleep for the kids too.

Today the 19 month old slept for 2 hours in the morning. When I finally decided to wake her up she just laid herself back on the floor as if she wanted to sleep longer. After lunch I put her down for the afternoon nap and now it's 3:20 here and all of my children are still sleeping.

I always don't know if I should wake them up or let them sleep when they sleep this much. The mom has told me that if they're sleeping, they obviously need the sleep, so to just let them sleep. But I'm still always wondering how long is too long.
I agree, if they are sleeping then they probably need it. Especially after the weekend.

I do have a few parents that have a hard time getting kids to bed at night I make sure those ones sleep no more than 2 hours max....BUt it sure does stink when I have to wake them and they act like the devil possessed them because they just want to go back to sleep....
Blackcat31 02:44 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by Soupyszoo:
My biiiigest problem is with the babies. I have a 6 mo and a 7 mo girl and boy. The dcp "wear" them 24/7 when they aren't with me. They cosleep and co-everything actually! So for the 50+ hours a week they are here they are impossible. Monday's are the worst! I have talked to the parents and they say they will stop but then they post pictures over the weekend wearing them around the house. So really?? I wish I could nap with your kids but I can't!! Lol
Ringy dingy...

DCM "hello?"

Me: "Hi, DCM, little Suzy is having a hard time adjusting back into the daycare routine, you are going to need to come get her. I cannot possibly wear a baby all day and take proper care of all the other daycare kids so if she cannot adjust to our routine here, she will have to go home. I am sure your boss won't mind if you wear her to work. Mind you, this is just until she learns how to function without being worn all day. Thanks, see you shortly"

kayla 03:49 PM 02-27-2012
yes i hate mondays... they are so tiring. My kids seem to sleep longer too.. I think alot of the kids craziness comes from being gone all weekend where mommy and daddy have no rules... It wears me out by wed they start following the rules again, but then it starts all over on friday it's like they know its the last day with me...ughhh lol i wish the weekends were longer!!
Reply Up