Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice Needed on Home Tasks
LNO27 07:41 AM 05-05-2016
Hi! This is quite a long post- I apologize! I am new here and have been referencing this forum for months and have found it so helpful! Seems like a great community! I have just officially started my own home child care business in January after the last 10 years of caring for children on and off in some capacity--I have been both a center preschool teacher and nanny and finally decided to start my business since my almost 3 and 6 year old are more self sufficient. I like the program I have set up and I feel like I have a strong contract. I have two really great and seeminly very understanding families currently. This part is going great!

I need advice about keeping up with my home and family life. I feel like I am completely struggling in this area. I begin at 6am and most days of he week have DCKs by 6:20, so I am up about 5am showering and getting myself ready. I end at 5pm now but just extended my hours to 6:30pm. I was hesitant to do this but it has become completely necessary to extend hours--financially for the business. This leaves me with VERY little time to complete home tasks. My husband owns his own commecial business which is extremely busy and now he has acquired a new business as well. I know some of my stress if coming from this. He has not been home much lately. We are adjusting to new norms here--with time, energy and stress levels all changing.

How do you keep up with the cleaning and care of your home? I have had a huge influx of stuff--just from toys, the preschool art and crafts items, etc. I have a smaller house--we hope to move within a few years, but currently I am so disorganized. I have no idea how to even organize the materials and toys I want to store. I have started forming monthly bins to hold themed items and toys and books that can be put away in my garage. But it seems like there is still stufd everywhere!

What about big tasks--right now we are in the midst of regrading and sodding the yard and adding a new privacy fence, as well as some other larger home renovations. I don't think I could get it all under control if I tried at the moment but I need to do something! My Mom works for us keeping our laundry done and some house cleaning but I feel like I need to hire her more hours--or daily. I'm rambling on I know--you get it! Where do you struggle on this issue and how do you handle getting so much done, with such short hours in the evenings? Do you utilize weekends to clean and work on your business or try to leave it until the workweek? My program requires most of my day to be fairly hands on with the DCKs and I think that's part of the pull. I have sort of backed myself into a corner though with time. Thanks for any input you have! I look forward to connecting with you all!
Tags:long hours, long hours in care
Up