Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Didn't pay registration fees...and spot is already filled :/
PolkaTots 07:32 AM 01-14-2013
I have had a few families in the past say they are enrolling, say how much they love my program, and tell me a start date...only to no call/no show and I find out later they enrolled with another provider and didn't have the decency to let me know. After this happened a few times, I started charging a non-refundable registration fee to determine how serious parents were about enrolling.

My contract specifically states: Reservation Fee: If you would like to reserve a spot for your child in advance, a reservation fee of $20 per week per child is required for each week after acceptance until your child begins care. For reservations greater than 3 months out, a fee equivalent to 2 weeks payments are due. This fee is due in full upon acceptance of the spot and is NON REFUNDABLE should you decide on alternate care. These fees are NOT applied to future payments.
A spot for your child is not reserved until fees are paid and the contract is signed. Interviews will continue to be conducted for any opening until a client secures enrollment.

My problem is that I interviewed a family early last month (to begin mid Jan), and they accepted the spot...but have not heard from them since (2 emails were sent with no response) I just figured they had found alternate care, and didn't worry too much about it. Well, after Christmas, I interviewed another family and they started last week. So...I just received an email from the first family saying they will be starting in 2 weeks...UGH! Now to compose an email back saying that the spot has been filled...

Why do some DCFs think the contract doesn't apply to them
Up