Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>THIS Can Of Worms...
Hunni Bee 06:35 PM 03-30-2011
Currently, the parents in my room are completing these questionnaires on their kid's socioemotional, gross and fine motor, speech, etc...each answer has a number value, so they return it to me and I tally the scores. I then send them a letter saying either your child seems to be developing normally, provide more experiences for X skills, or we recommend you get your child X services.

There's a short answer part, and one of the questions said "do you think your child's behavior is normal" or something. A mom with a 4 year old girl in my room mentioned that question and said "I didn't know what to write. She's so spoiled...she gets that from her daddy. Don't you think she's spoiled?" Me: "Well, she likes things her way." Mom: "I think she's ADHD. Do you think she has ADHD?" All while smiling and laughing. Not taking that bait! I smiled and said "I dont trust myself to make those kind of observations. See you guys tomorrow."

I dont know if spoiled is the word for her daughter. If she wants to tattle on someone (not if its something I really need to know, but stuff like, "he's looking at my shirt") and I'm not hearing it, she will cry for 10 - 15 minutes. She has to have everything her way, down to who is in front of and behind her in line or she's on the floor in tears.

Today she wanted to climb on her chair at snack....I put her back in the chair several times and explained that we sit with our bottoms in the seat and feet on the floor...she put this little smile on her face and kept climbing. One of my rules is if someone is being unsafe with a chair, it goes away for a few minutes and they have to stand at the table. (I've had a child get a black eye from leaning in the chair and slipping and hitting their face on the table.) So when it happened, she cried and slobbered, took off her shoes, climbed the table, tried to take the chair back...yikes. At four years old.

So, sorry mom, yes I think your daughter's spoiled, but Im not going to make an amateur diagnosis
cheerfuldom 07:01 PM 03-30-2011
wow. yeah I would have stayed out of that convo. It is crazy what parents will put up with. That is drama that would be more suited to an 18 month old. If she is really doing that every day, I don't think I could handle it.
boysx5 03:24 AM 03-31-2011
I have two dcg who are siblings and are the same way very spoiled they get everything they want and are never told no
Tags:adhd, interview - questions, spoiled, tattle tail
Reply Up