Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Suggestions???
williams2008 08:05 AM 11-08-2012
I think I have asked this before, but anyway I am planning on using other rooms of my house for the daycare.As of now the only other room I use other than the main daycare room is the kitchen area for breakfast and lunch. Can anyone give me any ideas or post pictures on how you are using more than one room of your house for the daycare?
littlemissmuffet 08:14 AM 11-08-2012
Why do you want to use other rooms? Is it to have actual seperate spaces, or just to have more daycare space?

We do the opposite of most...
The largest room in our home is our "living room", which is right beside the dining room/kitchen. So, we made this our playroom so that there are only two primary spaces (close together) that are used strictly for daycare. This is the main floor of our home, with the front/back entrances and the daycare bathroom.

Upstairs is where our bedrooms and full bath are. We use one of our bedrooms as our "livingroom", which contains everything a usual livingroom would (television, seating and we converted the closet into an office space for me). The only time I use the upstairs of our home for daycare is for napping as I prefer my kiddos still in PPs are seperated and have their own rooms. I buy playpens and bedding that match the decor of each of the rooms upstairs and I never put them away, they stay up, and most people don't even notice them because they blend in.

My older kids who are on nap mats sleep in the playroom.

If we ever move I would want a home set up similar to what we have now because it really works for us. I don't want to mix home with daycare and I don't want to have seperate daycare rooms - but I realize that this does work for some people here!
williams2008 08:50 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Why do you want to use other rooms? Is it to have actual seperate spaces, or just to have more daycare space?

We do the opposite of most...
The largest room in our home is our "living room", which is right beside the dining room/kitchen. So, we made this our playroom so that there are only two primary spaces (close together) that are used strictly for daycare. This is the main floor of our home, with the front/back entrances and the daycare bathroom.

Upstairs is where our bedrooms and full bath are. We use one of our bedrooms as our "livingroom", which contains everything a usual livingroom would (television, seating and we converted the closet into an office space for me). The only time I use the upstairs of our home for daycare is for napping as I prefer my kiddos still in PPs are seperated and have their own rooms. I buy playpens and bedding that match the decor of each of the rooms upstairs and I never put them away, they stay up, and most people don't even notice them because they blend in.

My older kids who are on nap mats sleep in the playroom.

If we ever move I would want a home set up similar to what we have now because it really works for us. I don't want to mix home with daycare and I don't want to have seperate daycare rooms - but I realize that this does work for some people here!
I need more daycare space, but now that I read your post I noticed that your office space is upstairs and not in your playroom. When I first started I was told that i needed a working computer with internet and phone in the area I would be using. So I think I can solve that problem by moving my desk to another area because it takes up plenty of room to add at least two centers. Thanks for your reply!
littlemissmuffet 09:03 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by williams2008:
I need more daycare space, but now that I read your post I noticed that your office space is upstairs and not in your playroom. When I first started I was told that i needed a working computer with internet and phone in the area I would be using. So I think I can solve that problem by moving my desk to another area because it takes up plenty of room to add at least two centers. Thanks for your reply!
Right, my office is in our livingroom - which essentially is one of the upstairs bedrooms.
There is no requirement that I have working computer with internet and phone IN my daycare area... but I use a laptop with wireless internet and a cordless phone so it's mobile all throughout the house So would this solve your problem?

I couldn't imagine having to have a work space/desk right in the playroom! Yikes!
williams2008 09:11 AM 11-08-2012
Right, my office is in our livingroom - which essentially is one of the upstairs bedrooms.
There is no requirement that I have working computer with internet and phone IN my daycare area... but I use a laptop with wireless internet and a cordless phone so it's mobile all throughout the house So would this solve your problem?

I couldn't imagine having to have a work space/desk right in the playroom! Yikes!
It would most definitely solve my problem!! Thanks!
littlemissmuffet 09:21 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by williams2008:
It would most definitely solve my problem!! Thanks!
Awesome
Country Kids 09:21 AM 11-08-2012

My workspace/desk is also right in the preschool room. We do lots of games and such on the computor or if I need to run something off I'm right here with the kids.
littlemissmuffet 09:59 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
My workspace/desk is also right in the preschool room. We do lots of games and such on the computor or if I need to run something off I'm right here with the kids.
Everything of ours is wireless, so I have zero need for a stationary workspace in the daycare (I use the kitchen table as a desk when I'm out of my true office). I would HATE to lose that space in my playroom.
I can print from anywhere in the house, our printer is set up in the kitchen so I don't have to go anywhere to make copies/etc.
I don't let the children do computer stuff, to me that's a home-time thing.
But I definitely see how your work station comes in handy for your program!
Reply Up