Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Tired Of The Constant Screaming!
sahm2three 01:26 PM 10-17-2012
I have a 1 year old and a 7 month old that scream constantly. They have both taken turns during nap just screaming bloody murder. Ugh. I am so worn out. I just set up a bed in one room and am taking a breather and letting them scream together. I just don't know what to do with them. I am given such hard kids! I always seem to end up with the ones that are kicked out of other daycares for "not fitting" and I see why they don't fit! I am so worn out I could just cry. The 1 year old is just a very very unhappy child. He will be content for a few minutes and then just cry and need to be held. The 7 month old does not like any form of gravity. No highchair (so lunch is impossible. He has been with me for a month and I haven't been able to get him to eat in a highchair at all), he likes to be held constantly. He is a 25 pound 7 month old. HUGE child. I can't hold him like he wants. I have to reconfigure my sleeping arrangements again because as of right now, I have NO WHERE to take them when they are screaming so that the others can sleep, because my other kids have been a challenge as well and I have everyone so spread out. So so so tired of sleep issues and screaming babies.
cheerfuldom 01:34 PM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I have a 1 year old and a 7 month old that scream constantly. They have both taken turns during nap just screaming bloody murder. Ugh. I am so worn out. I just set up a bed in one room and am taking a breather and letting them scream together. I just don't know what to do with them. I am given such hard kids! I always seem to end up with the ones that are kicked out of other daycares for "not fitting" and I see why they don't fit! I am so worn out I could just cry. The 1 year old is just a very very unhappy child. He will be content for a few minutes and then just cry and need to be held. The 7 month old does not like any form of gravity. No highchair (so lunch is impossible. He has been with me for a month and I haven't been able to get him to eat in a highchair at all), he likes to be held constantly. He is a 25 pound 7 month old. HUGE child. I can't hold him like he wants. I have to reconfigure my sleeping arrangements again because as of right now, I have NO WHERE to take them when they are screaming so that the others can sleep, because my other kids have been a challenge as well and I have everyone so spread out. So so so tired of sleep issues and screaming babies.
this sounds awful! do you have to keep this many kids?
sahm2three 01:36 PM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
this sounds awful! do you have to keep this many kids?
I only have 6 kids!!! I had 10, and cut down to 6! I just should have known better than to take on a baby. I have a BAD track record with babies. I seem to get all the colicky ones. The screamers. So, yes I have to keep this many kids!
JustMe 02:06 PM 10-17-2012
We should start a support group lol!

While it's terrible NOW, two things I have decided for future dc kids is that I am going to require a 2 week trial period, and also I am going to stop taking kids under 1 year, at least until my own are a little older. Babies are very time-consuming, even when they aren't screamers!

Sorry you're going through this too!
cheerfuldom 02:43 PM 10-17-2012
sounds like it is time to go back to ages two and older. not everyone is cut out to handle babies and especially a large group with multiple babies...I really feel for you! I hope things get better.
sahm2three 06:42 PM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by JustMe:
We should start a support group lol!

While it's terrible NOW, two things I have decided for future dc kids is that I am going to require a 2 week trial period, and also I am going to stop taking kids under 1 year, at least until my own are a little older. Babies are very time-consuming, even when they aren't screamers!

Sorry you're going through this too!
After I got my 1 year old at 8 weeks old, I decided no more babies. Then I decided to let my assistant go and trim down my kids. Then after I did that I had two families move, and I lost 3 more kids. So I was down to 3 kids, and had to get more kids asap. The ONLY calls I got were for babies, and I kept turning them down. Then I HAD to take whatever i could get or I was going to have to go to work outside the home, and I am not ready for that (still young kids I don't want to have to put in care after school). So I did get an almost 2 year old and his older sibling for after school care, another 3 year old and the last spot I couldn't find anything other than babies. So I caved and took a baby. I LOVE babies! They are my absolute favorite kid stage! BUT, I have had 2 colicky babies so far and have only been licensed for almost 3 years!!! I have done it unlicensed off and on for years, but just since I have been licensed I have have 2 colicky babies! Severe colic. So I am very very leary about taking babies at all. I know these little ones are put in my care for a reason, but at the same time, I feel like I DESERVE a good happy baby to love on!!! But all I end up with are screamers!
providerandmomof4 07:05 PM 10-17-2012
I feel so bad for you.....I have two babies, (1 is my granddaughter) but they are good babies...happy for the most part and good nappers. I could only imagine if they were colicky But I know how TIRING two babies that are relatively easy are. It's like a constant juggling act! Thank God my toddlers are fairly independent! I am sooo tired at the end of the day. I just keep thinking that they won't be babies forever. In the future, it's only one baby at a time for me.
sahm2three 06:58 AM 10-18-2012
Just got a text from the 1 year olds mom saying kids are super cranky so here is your heads up. Great....thanks.
crazydaycarelady 07:28 AM 10-18-2012
Some babies are naturally happy unless they are hungry, tired, etc. Then there are the babies that are generally unhappy unless you are jumping through hoops to keep them happy. I always have one of thsoe and they are very draining!! I'm right there with you - I have one of those right now too! Just got rid of one and replaced it with this one. UGH!
Blackcat31 07:28 AM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Just got a text from the 1 year olds mom saying kids are super cranky so here is your heads up. Great....thanks.
Honestly hun, if they are that cranky, you need to tell mom that they need to stay home. Kids don't need to be actually sick to be sent home. Sometimes cranky behavior is enough that they need a day at home with mommy or daddy.

When mom drops off, let her know that if their behavior gets out of hand and they are crankier than normal, they WILL be sent home.

I know you are trying really hard and I really really feel for you but in all honesty, you NEED to stop letting this stuff go on. If a child starts disrupting nap: they go home. If they are so cranky that you can't deal with them: they go home. If a child requires so much one on one attention (7 month old) that you are stressed out about it or it takes you from the other kids: they need to go home.

Give these issues back to the parents. I guarantee that the majority of issues you have with these kids stems from what kind of parenting goes on at home....kwim?

It just sounds to me like you are getting the worse behaved kids because for some reason you feel like you have to keep them or something....I don't know, I just feel like you are so stressed all the time and it always revolves around kids who are super high needs or really badly behaved and in those cases most of that comes from parenting.

Start sending these kids home when they become disruptive. Whether it is screaming, crying, not listening or just being super cranky....send them home!! There isn't a daycare provider in this world that is paid enough to deal with those kinds of things day in and day out.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you.
Kimberli 07:34 AM 10-18-2012
I too watch a 10 month old that screams all day (either crying because of wanting to be held constantly or shrieking from joy because he is playing nicely for 5 minutes) and it gets to me. Headache every day right around 10am. The problem for us sounds the same. When all you get is calls for infants (me too!) you have to take what you can get to keep the lights on and food on the table. It makes for a darn long day though ...

Hang in there - you can see Friday from here.
Tags:colic, constant screaming, screaming
Reply Up