Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Doesn't Just Expect Special From Me! Ugh
3myjob 12:12 PM 05-10-2012
I watch 2 DCGirls for a single mom. Oldest is in school and had a field trip today. The teacher sent home a specific note saying child must bring a brown bag lunch. No lunch boxes, no coolers!

DCM goes into a tizzy over it. Going on and on about how she had already bought her a pizza lunchable. What about kids who don't like peanut butter and jelly...then what are they supposed to pack?!?!

I said rules are rules. I'm sure this teacher has her reasons for them and you should follow them. I looked at dcg and said don't you like peanut butter and jelly? (knowing she has ate them for me before). Before she could even answer DCM snaps at me "We don't even have bread...I don't buy that stuff we don't use it enough and it doesn't keep well for me."

I just shrugged my shoulders and she said I guess I'll have to figure something out.

This morning she showed up ready for her field trip with her lunchable. DCM says I'm not messing with it surely it will be okay. I said yeah until she goes to open it after it's sat on a hot bus all morning and her cheese is all nasty and melty. Apparently dcm didn't like that comment because she just turned around and walked out without even saying a word which is very unlike her.

If you read the front of the box it says..keep refrigerated. So annoyed and badly wanted to pack a different lunch for dcg so she didn't end up with a nasty lunch. But I had to stop myself because I vowed no longer to do special for this mom any longer.

Clearly she needs to be taught a lesson since she expects the special treatment from not only me but also the teachers!
cheerfuldom 12:31 PM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by <3myjob:
I watch 2 DCGirls for a single mom. Oldest is in school and had a field trip today. The teacher sent home a specific note saying child must bring a brown bag lunch. No lunch boxes, no coolers!

DCM goes into a tizzy over it. Going on and on about how she had already bought her a pizza lunchable. What about kids who don't like peanut butter and jelly...then what are they supposed to pack?!?!

I said rules are rules. I'm sure this teacher has her reasons for them and you should follow them. I looked at dcg and said don't you like peanut butter and jelly? (knowing she has ate them for me before). Before she could even answer DCM snaps at me "We don't even have bread...I don't buy that stuff we don't use it enough and it doesn't keep well for me."

I just shrugged my shoulders and she said I guess I'll have to figure something out.

This morning she showed up ready for her field trip with her lunchable. DCM says I'm not messing with it surely it will be okay. I said yeah until she goes to open it after it's sat on a hot bus all morning and her cheese is all nasty and melty. Apparently dcm didn't like that comment because she just turned around and walked out without even saying a word which is very unlike her.

If you read the front of the box it says..keep refrigerated. So annoyed and badly wanted to pack a different lunch for dcg so she didn't end up with a nasty lunch. But I had to stop myself because I vowed no longer to do special for this mom any longer.

Clearly she needs to be taught a lesson since she expects the special treatment from not only me but also the teachers!
That sounds very annoying. I would have left it at "if you have any questions, you should contact the teacher" and not got into a back and forth discussion with her about it. Sounds like you are leaving the door open for her venting to you and thats just going to stress you out.
3myjob 12:46 PM 05-10-2012
lol you are so right. Normally I try not to engage because she complains ALOT about other people. The girls' dad, her brothers, her mom...and I'm sure to other people about me.

But I just couldn't keep my mouth shut on this one...I'm still in awe of her crying over having to pack a sack lunch 1 day. And how disrespectful she was to the teacher whom is trying to provide a fun field trip for the kids hassle free.
SilverSabre25 12:51 PM 05-10-2012
Freeze a water bottle, wrap it in paper towels, stick it in a brown bag with the luncahble and voila! What's the mom's problem? Since when does "sack lunch" = PBJ?
youretooloud 01:04 PM 05-10-2012
I sent cheese type things all the time.

Mom is an idiot. You can freeze a capri sun, and it will thaw, but keep the food cold. It's not like she can't reach back into her own childhood and try to remember how her mom handled these things.
Reply Up