Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Minute Menu App for Phone
lilcupcakes09 11:24 AM 06-03-2013
Does anyone use this? Seems neat since we always have our phones these days, we can log times and such without having to go on computer. But for some reason it says my minute menu subscription doesn't support it. Any help?
MissAnn 11:40 AM 06-03-2013
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
Does anyone use this? Seems neat since we always have our phones these days, we can log times and such without having to go on computer. But for some reason it says my minute menu subscription doesn't support it. Any help?
It only works if you are on a food program that reports online and uses MMK.
MarinaVanessa 11:41 AM 06-03-2013
The app only works if you have the regular version and not the pro version. So if you have the food program and they use the regular version you can use the app to track attendance and meals but that's it. The app doesnt t work for the upgrade so if you use Minute Menu Pro it won't work.
Blackcat31 11:46 AM 06-03-2013
I've also heard that the app updates to be compatible for the most current version of whatever smart phone you are using so unless your phone's software is up-to-date/current, you will have trouble with the app.

I don't use it so I don't know for sure...just what I've heard from others.
mema 12:04 PM 06-03-2013
I tried it for awhile, but since you can't do everything on it, I found it just faster to use the computer since I log almost everything at the same time.
Patches 03:37 PM 06-03-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
The app only works if you have the regular version and not the pro version. So if you have the food program and they use the regular version you can use the app to track attendance and meals but that's it. The app doesnt t work for the upgrade so if you use Minute Menu Pro it won't work.
I use Minute Menu Pro and I use the app on my phone.
Patches 03:38 PM 06-03-2013
I like it. I tend to use it mostly for checking in and out, but sometimes I will record a meal on my phone
Michelle 04:51 PM 06-03-2013
I have it too but it's kind of hard to use on a daily basis.
I use my computer for the routine day to day stuff/menus
I use it on my iphone when someone stays late and I feed them dinner and i can just quickly take off their breakfast and add dinner because it's more money for the dinner.
MissAnn 05:15 PM 06-03-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
Me too
Stacy214 11:32 AM 06-04-2013
I use the minute menu pro on my phone too...this app has saved me money since I don't get on my computer every day . I set my alarm at night before bed and go right to it and record my meals. The only things I cannot do are enroll or dismiss a child and submit my monthly claim
SunnyDay 11:54 AM 06-04-2013
I have Minute Menu Pro through the food program and I wasn't able to get it to work on my android phone. It has been awhile since I tried, though, maybe I should give it another shot.
MarinaVanessa 12:48 PM 06-04-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
Hmm, I'll check again.

Edit: I just checked. It says that it will do it but it's limited in what it does. According to the description I can only record same-day meals, check kids in and out, and record times away from the home. I'm going to try it and see if it will work for me.
Willow 12:55 PM 06-04-2013
I have it and love it!!!!

The only thing I can't do is send in my claim at the end of the month or enroll/disenroll kiddos.
MarinaVanessa 01:03 PM 06-04-2013
I just tried again and got the same pop-up that I got before when I tried it

"Login Failed
Kids2go does not support your account type. Please use Minute Menu Kids desktop software instead"

If you use Minute Menu Kids Pro the app does not support that version. The app only supports the regular Minute Menu Kids version which is the version that the food program uses. I have two accounts ... the food program account which I can use the app to record meals and attendance with for the food program and then the full version which I use to invoice and keep track of income and expenses with which is not compatible with the app.

My phone is updated and I just downloaded the newest version of the Kids2go app.
AmyKidsCo 06:13 PM 06-04-2013
I've heard the app won't work in WI, only in MN. (Or MD, MI... some state that starts with an M - I didn't pay too much attention since the important part for me is that it doesn't work in WI.) I keep requesting it though - maybe if enough of us keep nagging them they'll develop one that works for everyone.
Little Star75 12:52 AM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
How about on a MAC? I can't seem to download the app on my new MAC laptop, any suggestions???
Thanks
MarinaVanessa 06:46 AM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by Little Star75:
How about on a MAC? I can't seem to download the app on my new MAC laptop, any suggestions???
Thanks
The program is software that connects to the internet*and there is another special program that you need if you own a mac. The software is created for regular PC. I forgot what its called but the software allows you to install and run software that is meant for PCs on Mac computers. Try googling "minute menu for mac" or somthing like that and you will see a page from minute menu which tells you the name of the other program. I'm not sure if its free or not (I don't own a mac) but its worth a try. HTH.
Tags:apps, minute menu, mmk - app
Reply Up