Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Daily Report.....Should I or Shouldn't I?
Yes! The parents would enjoy them. 6 30.00%
No! It's a waste of time since you have the notebook. 12 60.00%
Other..... please explain 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daily Report Sheets: Should I or Shouldn't I?
Former Teacher 03:41 PM 05-12-2012
I know there has been alot of threads on daily reports but I will be in a different situation.

I am a nanny. In July when my current family leaves (military) I then will be taking care of newborn twins . I will be going to the family's home and taking care of the babies there and all that good stuff.

I plan on having a notebook documenting the twins day. Do you think I should do daily reports as well? Will it be a waste of time and all that? My current mother works from home so she is right there should I need anything. However with this new family, they both work outside of the home. Another problem I have though is that I will probably write in short hand or make notes that the parents, should they read my book, might not understand

I just don't want to look like a "goodie" nor do I want it to be a waste of time etc.

Any opinions...personal and professional?
frugalmama4 04:34 PM 05-12-2012
I think it could go both ways, Parent loves them....Parent dosen't really care.

Since you will be the babies nanny, I'm sure any vita information that needs to be shared you can do so verbally.

Good luck!
GoodKarma 09:04 AM 05-13-2012
Ask the parents what they prefer, then you won't have to worry either way!
Former Teacher 09:22 AM 05-13-2012
Originally Posted by GoodKarma:
Ask the parents what they prefer, then you won't have to worry either way!
I actually plan to when I talk to them at the end of the month. The twins are planned for the 22nd ( I beleive) if not earlier. I am just SO excited that I wanted other peoples input!
SunshineMama 10:00 AM 05-14-2012
If you want to do it, then by all means do it. Otherwise, don't get stuck doing something that you will have to continue for a super long time- it will get old- fast!

I do a notebook that does a little summary of our day and what the kids ate, when they slept, etc- I have been doing this since they were 15 months old (twins) and I still do it now that they are 3- and I am pretty tired of it lol
cheerfuldom 10:07 AM 05-14-2012
I would see what the parents prefer. I do daily sheets for newborns here but as soon as I have them on a routine (3 or 4 months), no more daily sheets. At that point, every sheet is a carbon copy of the day before and not necessary. I just tell the parents anything out of the ordinary. I dont do any sort of daily sheet of any kid that is older. I have found that the vast majority of parents dont care or worse, use them only to find "mistakes" that you have made.
Christian Mother 10:13 AM 05-14-2012
I agree w/everyone...ask the parents in put...

I think with you being a Nanny i wouldn't. I never did when I was a nanny.
Former Teacher 03:21 PM 05-14-2012
Well I remember at my former center when I was required to do it and how unappreciated the parents were (most not all) that I dreaded doing them. I truly believe these would be the type of parents that would want them.

However now that I hear everyones opinion I think I will follow cheerfuldom's advice and only do it for the first few months.

Thanks again!
Tags:daily report
Reply Up