Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wow!
Blackcat31 10:13 AM 03-16-2011
Check this out!

http://moms.today.com/_news/2011/03/...ague?gt1=43001
Zoe 10:15 AM 03-16-2011
Well all righty then! Did the school advertise "ivy league prep"? I can see how that would be the ONLY grounds she has. Otherwise...good luck chicky!
daycare 10:17 AM 03-16-2011
Holy cow moly REALLY... I guess our kids need to produce results in 3 weeks or else they are considered uneducated.........

I really cant believe someone could be so serious about this enough to sue.........wow
laundrymom 10:19 AM 03-16-2011
seriously??? some people have too much money,.. lol. well, she knew when she signed up it was non refundable, she knew beforehand what it looked like, and she pays 19 grand a year for preschool?????? holy cow,... holy holy cow.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Check this out!

http://moms.today.com/_news/2011/03/...ague?gt1=43001

Lilbutterflie 10:21 AM 03-16-2011
Seriously???? SERIOUSLY.
jen 10:21 AM 03-16-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Well all righty then! Did the school advertise "ivy league prep"? I can see how that would be the ONLY grounds she has. Otherwise...good luck chicky!
Oh my...thats all I'm saying...just Oh my...
jen 10:22 AM 03-16-2011
Hey Zoe,

I don't know how I quoted you...I meant to respond to the thred in general! Ooops! I think I was too stunned by the article to pay proper attention.
Zoe 10:26 AM 03-16-2011
I figured. I'm not that controversial so I figured your "oh my" wasn't actually directed at me.
jen 10:31 AM 03-16-2011
I used to work at a PrK through 12 College Prepatory School...they didn't advertise "ivy league" but they did advertise (and correctly so) that 90% of its students were accepted in to colleges ratated in the top 10% of the country...

Crazy stipulation...you had to actually graduate from the entire program...

Oh, and tuition was upwards of 19K per year...Lots of local TV personalities, athletes and CEO's kids...
squareone 10:33 AM 03-16-2011
This is exactly why I had started working on a disclaimer to add to my parent handbook regarding my "kindergarten readiness" program. What and how much a child learns depends on soooo many factors including:

when they enroll (I don't start from the beginning with each new enrollee they just have to jump in where we are)
what they already know before they come here
whether they stay with me until they go to kindy
whether the parents reinforce what we are learning at home
the child's individual learning ability

I don't offer individual instruction and I make no guarantees because each child learns at their own pace.
Cat Herder 12:19 PM 03-16-2011
I saw that in another forum.....

Yeah, this is going to be ALOT more common very soon....
Kaddidle Care 01:00 PM 03-16-2011
I saw that the other day and scoffed. More money than sense.

I feel sorry for the child that is getting that kind of pressure from her parents at such a young age.

The article I read stated that the child was extremely bright. A lot of times the really bright ones are actually behind with their social skills and are immature. That child may have felt more comfortable playing with younger children and that's what Mom walked in on.

And sorry, while a 4 year old has sponge like learning abilities, they still need play time.

$19,000.00 a year for PreK - dang folks, we're in the wrong business!
daycare 01:24 PM 03-16-2011
You have to remember that they are in NY where everything is expensive. Preschool here in SF is about $1250.00 a month or more.
ninosqueridos 02:02 PM 03-16-2011
I'm located near a prep school - starts with pre-k 3's at 16k/yr and goes up through high school for 22k/year. And that's for 9 months, not 12. It's another 10k for a 2 month summer camp.

That poor girl.
Tags:article, bad parent, spoiled, spoiled - parents, suits
Reply Up