Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paint for Plastic Toys?
Country Kids 11:09 AM 07-30-2012
I have a little playhouse I was thinking of repainting but not sure if there is paint out there to do this?

Does anyone know?
snbauser 11:18 AM 07-30-2012
Yes, one of the spray paints is now made specifically for the plastic toys. Look for it with all the other spray paints.
daycarediva 11:20 AM 07-30-2012
I don't remember the brand name, but I purchased some at Lowes and painted the kiddie picnic tables I picked up at garage sales to match the rest of the backyard. They look nice but do require touch ups.
AfterSchoolMom 11:23 AM 07-30-2012
Krylon makes a spray paint that is specifically for plastics.
Country Kids 12:23 PM 07-30-2012
Does the paint flake off real easy? Thats my fear as with plastic not being porus there won't be anything to absorb into.
Crazy8 12:28 PM 07-30-2012
I painted the door of our outdoor playhouse because it was really faded (it was red and looked light pink!). I used the spray paint designed for plastic furniture and its held up great. I did notice it is starting to chip a little but its probably been 3-4 years since I painted it!
itlw8 01:21 PM 07-30-2012
It works great except for slides It is expensive though
Max 01:33 PM 12-14-2016
Would the spray paint meant specifically for plastic furniture be good to use on other plastic items?

I have a project in mind that involves painting 2 liter bottles, but I want to make sure I pick something that wont crack/break/chip easily, considering the plastic on 2 liters is very thin and bendable...
midaycare 02:08 PM 12-14-2016
I have used spray paint on plastic stuff and it looks great! Krypton and another brand...I forget which. But it comes out very nice.
Blackcat31 03:09 PM 12-14-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have used spray paint on plastic stuff and it looks great! Krypton and another brand...I forget which. But it comes out very nice.
Isn't that what Superman hates? Or something like that...

I think you might mean Krylon Fusion

http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion-for-plastic//
midaycare 03:26 PM 12-14-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Isn't that what Superman hates? Or something like that...

I think you might mean Krylon Fusion

http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion-for-plastic//
Hahahaha - my phone autocorrect thing is scary. It always replaces words based on what I have been searching. Yesterday was the planet Krypton *hides head in shame* We watched Batman v. Superman
Blackcat31 04:18 PM 12-14-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Hahahaha - my phone autocorrect thing is scary. It always replaces words based on what I have been searching. Yesterday was the planet Krypton *hides head in shame* We watched Batman v. Superman
thats funny!
Tags:paint - toys, toys
Reply Up