Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Worker Posted My Child's Picture on Her MySpace
Unregistered 07:13 PM 02-18-2009
I found pictures of my child on the MySpace page of a day care worker. Not only my child, but many many other kids as well. Does anyone know if this is legal or not? Better yet, how do I deal with this? I'm afraid of upsetting someone who has my 3 month in her care every day, but am really uncomfortable with my child's picture on a site I have no control over. What do I do?
tymaboy 05:04 AM 02-19-2009
I am an in home provider, when parents sign up I have them sign a consent form for pictures, swimming, trips etc. On the consent form it states that I can use the photos for advertising & posting them on my site.

If this is a worker & not the directer, I would talk to her about it & ask her to remove the photos of your child. I do not think that myspace is a professional or proper place to post info about a daycare or children in its care. But if she is using it as an advertising aspect of the daycare & you signed a consent form she is not outside the boundary's. If she does not remove the pictures after you ask her to then I would talk to the directer of the daycare & voice your concerns with her/him maybe it is against their policy for workers to be posting pictures of the children on their personal webpages (I would hope so).
HomeSweetHomeDaycare 10:09 AM 02-19-2009
Im in agreement with the post. I have a form that everyone has to sign and I do explain that they are posted on my daycare website. But I would never post them on myspace, definately not the place for that.

Also if I was asked to remove the pics I would and not take offense to the parent who asked me to.
Michael 12:47 PM 02-19-2009
You should ask them to blurr the pcitures of the children's faces or have them remove the photo. That is your "copy" right. This is how we do it at Daycare.com

https://www.daycare.com/php/popups/help_homepage.htm
Ms.Sue 05:08 PM 03-12-2009
okay - pictures of your child on 'her' myspace page is a little wierd - and strange...... But - here is my question --- why do people get upset about their children having their pictures taken???? How is that picture going to endanger the child???? And, how come when the parents have the chance for their child to be in the newspaper - they make a million copies and think it's great??????????????????? I have never understood this....
lilbiddapopcorn 07:59 PM 03-12-2009
This is in reply to Ms Sue's post -

I think it might just be a different situation for different people. My situation was a domestic violence one where the life of me and my child was in serious threat and I specifically requested my childs picture not be taken and posted anywhere because I was afraid the man who caused my fear or someone he knew would see it and be able to get enough information to find us. On a different hand, I've had two seperate families in my daycare who's religious beliefs didn't permit them to have pictures taken of themselves (one believed it was "pride" and the other believed it to be a "graven image") both cases I respected their request and honestly even if they hadn't given me a reason I still would've respected their request. Now to be in the paper...I don't know. I would freak out if my sons picture was in the paper but that's just because of my situation. I think in regards to this post overall...it's a little unprofessional to use myspace to post these kinds of pictures just because that's not usually what the parents expect when they say you can photograph their child. But if you think about it, all this probably means is that she enjoys her work and she genuinely cares about these children enough to consider them a part of her life. In other words, it's more than just a job to her, she most likely loves what she does and she's just showing that. That being said, if it makes you uncomfortable, i'm sure talking about it to her will clear things up.
Ms.Sue 04:03 PM 03-19-2009
Unregistered 09:01 AM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I found pictures of my child on the MySpace page of a day care worker. Not only my child, but many many other kids as well. Does anyone know if this is legal or not? Better yet, how do I deal with this? I'm afraid of upsetting someone who has my 3 month in her care every day, but am really uncomfortable with my child's picture on a site I have no control over. What do I do?
Yes, this is not legal in less you as the parent has given the ok, and if you are not comfortable you need to tell them so and if you really do not like it then look for a place that will not do things like this with out talking to you first.
Unregistered 06:04 PM 07-19-2011
but open pics on FB are used for advertising and its not at all cool to give away your child's image that way. No pics of my kid on my FB, and its pretty locked down anyway. I would also consider the overwall wisdom level of the person caring for your child. What other risks is she failing to consider?
sharlan 07:47 PM 07-19-2011
I didn't realize this was an old post, either.
SandeeAR 06:59 AM 07-20-2011
deleted due to thread being 2 years old.
SandeeAR 07:01 AM 07-20-2011
I just caught, after my post....this was a very old post. Again, started up by an unregistered poster. Sorry I wasted my time posting.
Sprouts 08:49 PM 10-22-2011
ACTUALLY....if you take a picture with a smart phone and post it on facebook, if ANYONE can see it, or even friends, the adress of where the picture was taken can be found. I know this sounds crazy, but most smart phones have an option in setting that asks if "locations services" If this is set ON, then any pictures taken, the location are automatically stored in the picture file itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY
dave4him 08:58 PM 10-22-2011
Always be sure to have a signed contract for pictures.
Tags:photo permission
Reply Up