Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terming During Trial
Anon 09:54 AM 08-25-2011
When you term during the trial how do you do it? Do you give a 2 week notice or just say this is it.

For example if tomorrow is the last day of a 2 week trial and you know it won't work do you say tomorrow is their last day or give more notice?

If they paid 2 weeks at signing (covers 1st week and last) do you say you don't have to pay now for next week and next Friday is their last day? How do you do it?
Blackcat31 09:58 AM 08-25-2011
I let families know that the two week trial period is a period of time for me to decide (and them) if we are all a good fit or not. At the end of the trial period, if I feel it isn't going to work, I just tell them that I don't feel that we are a good match and wish them well. If I know of openings for other providers or centers, I will give out that info so they can find a program that does fit them well.

I am pre-paid so I would have been paid in advance for the two weeks. I also do not require a deposit but if I did, I would return it (as long as they have already paid for the 2 weeks they've used). If they haven't paid, the deposit should be applied to the services they have used.

I only give a two weeks notice to families who have already enrolled.
Zoe 10:03 AM 08-25-2011
Same as blackcat. I give both the parents and myself the first two weeks to see if it's a good fit. At any time during the two weeks if either of us feel it isn't going to work there is no notice needed to end service, on both ends. If I've been paid for the week, no refund is given.
Tags:terminating - trial period, trial period
Reply Up