Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tom Copeland Presents a Family Child Care Webinar For Daycare.com Members
Michael 04:20 PM 02-02-2011
You are invited to see and hear Tom Copeland present a timely webinar “How to Reduce Your Taxes for 2010 and 2011” on Monday, February 28th.
This live, one and a half hour webinar will start at 5:30 PM (Pacific Time); 6:30 PM (Mountain Time); 7:30 PM (Central Time) and 8:30 PM (Eastern Time).

The webinar will cover:
* New tax changes for 2010: food and mileage rates, energy tax credit, cell phones, health insurance premium deduction, additional 50% depreciation rule and saver's tax credit
* Three key record keeping rules to follow that will have the biggest impact on reducing your taxes for 2010 and 2011
* How to maximize your food deductions
* Common business deductions you may have forgotten to claim (there are hundreds and hundreds of allowable deductions for family child care providers)
* How to reconstruct your records if you didn't save them all
* And more!

This webinar will be focused on how you can legally reduce your taxes whether you are new to family child care or have years of experience.
What is a Webinar?

A webinar is a live workshop conducted through the Internet. Participants will receive directions on how to link your computer to the webinar as well as a phone number to call to listen to Tom Copeland speaking. You will see a power point slide presentation on your computer and listen to Tom presenting the workshop.

You will have the chance to ask questions throughout the webinar. If Tom can't get to your question during the webinar he will contact you after the webinar to follow up. You will also receive a copy of the power point presentation and handouts.

How to Register
To register for this important webinar, contact Tracy Halverson at 801-886-2322; thalverson@nafcc-mail.org. The fee for the webinar is $25. The cost is 100% tax deductible!
This webinar is being sponsored by www.Daycare.com. The webinar is being hosted by the National Association for Family Child Care.
Tom Copeland is a licensed attorney who has written nine books on the business of family child care and has presented workshops for hundreds of thousands of family child care providers across the country since 1981. He has represented dozens of child care providers in IRS audits and has won five U.S. Tax Court cases. He is the nation's leading authority on family child care record keeping and taxes.
I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to reduce your taxes and join me on Monday, February 28th.
Michael 12:25 PM 02-04-2011
I wanted to remind everyone of this special webinar. Also, is this something that is a good for forum members? If so, I think we can convince other authors and professionals in our field to participate in the future.
Cat Herder 12:35 PM 02-04-2011
Thanks!! Sounds interesting... I will probably be taking you up on this one.
Michael 12:44 PM 02-28-2011
A reminder that today is the Daycare.com live webinar with Tom Copeland! This one and a half hour webinar will start at 5:30 PM (Pacific Time); 6:30 PM (Mountain Time); 7:30 PM (Central Time) and 8:30 PM (Eastern Time).

For more information: How to Reduce Your Taxes for 2010 and 2011

https://www.daycare.com/news/taxes/t...d-webinar.html
daycare 12:47 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
A reminder that today is the Daycare.com live webinar with Tom Copeland! This one and a half hour webinar will start at 5:30 PM (Pacific Time); 6:30 PM (Mountain Time); 7:30 PM (Central Time) and 8:30 PM (Eastern Time).

For more information: How to Reduce Your Taxes for 2010 and 2011

https://www.daycare.com/news/taxes/t...d-webinar.html
will he sell a recording of this? I cannot attend tonight as I have class,,
Michael 01:21 PM 02-28-2011
Yes, there will be a CD available but you still have to register to receive it. Too bad you won't be able to interact. I did a webinar once and viewers hear the speaker and view thier content but can ask questions via chat. There is also a moderator. The immediacy of the conversations is very beneficial. You can get a lot done in a very short time. I think this webinar is going to be great.
Cat Herder 04:14 PM 02-28-2011
I registered, but did not see where I could opt for the CD, instead...

Honestly, I don't do enough of the tax prep to be able to ask educated questions. I plan to pass the info on to DH...

I keep the receipts/records and hand everything over...

The cd would spare him my version of what I heard Tom say... Which as a married man, you know what that will mean to him...
Abigail 06:23 PM 02-28-2011
That was my first at home webinar. I didn't know what to expect, but it went really well. Very helpful.
Michael 06:33 PM 02-28-2011
That's great to hear.
Cat Herder 07:33 AM 03-01-2011
Is this thing on??

Eh, I printed the powerpoints instead...

Thanks, Tom!
TomCopeland 03:57 PM 03-01-2011
Thanks to everyone who participated in the webinar last night. It was a lot of fun for me. Thanks also to Michael for sponsoring this.

There were so many questions asked at the webinar that I couldn't answer them all.

I've posted an article about the webinar that includes all the questions and my answers. http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2011/...ur-taxes-.html

Those who weren't in attendance can purchase a copy of the power point and audio of the webinar.
Abigail 09:36 PM 03-01-2011
I never knew we earned 1.5 clock hours....too bad it didn't come with a fancy certificate. I'm making my collection!

Does anyone know of the nation-wide website that we can collect all our information on as far as trainings go? It's more than just Child Care Resource and Referral trainings because they were the ones who mentioned another web site that all trainings will be listed, including this one, once we register it. Thanks!
Tags:taxes, tom copeland, webinar
Reply Up