Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Irritated
kayla 11:36 AM 12-09-2011
Ok so i have a parent that realized this morning that she only had 2 diapers. She told me after her final at school she would bring some more... Well has she stopped by to bring her son more diapers??? NO I dont understand some parents!!! Glad I take an extra everyday for situations like this. But still irritating!!!
caring4kidsinSD 11:55 AM 12-09-2011
That's why I make sure they have PLENTY here - When I"m down to about 10 I tell them i need more(because I know they'll forget the first reminder or 2)
kayla 12:02 PM 12-09-2011
I should have them supply a seperate package for here, But i guess i just felt bad for this parent cause she's a single mom so i told her as long as she brings 10 a day thats fine. Well she forgot to fill her diaper bag. I would have sent her child home but she said she was bringing more after the final she had to take this morning.
bice99 12:09 PM 12-09-2011
Each child has a cubby here. It has a whole package of diapers, 2 of wipes (one open that's being used plus a spare. When I open the 2nd, I tell the parents I need a new pack), changes of clothes, mittens, hats, swimsuits (in the summer). I always give parents a decent warning that they need to bring something, usually a week if possible so they can shop on the weekend if need be.
Meeko 12:23 PM 12-09-2011
I don't allow diaper bags (found all kinds of funky things I wish I hadn't over the years)

I keep diapers on labelled shelving in the changing area. When we start getting low, I write on the child's diaper in black sharpie "NEED MORE!" They can't say they didn't see it!
DBug 12:36 PM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by kayla:
I should have them supply a seperate package for here, But i guess i just felt bad for this parent cause she's a single mom so i told her as long as she brings 10 a day thats fine. Well she forgot to fill her diaper bag. I would have sent her child home but she said she was bringing more after the final she had to take this morning.
10 a day? That seems like alot -- how many diaper changes do you do every day?
Country Kids 12:45 PM 12-09-2011
Actually I can go through 4-7 diapers a day depending on the kids. Sometimes I have gone through 10 because of a childing having way to much fruit!!!!

I would certainly want 10 a day because you just never know!!!!
Christian Mother 12:50 PM 12-09-2011
I got blessed with all the same ages in my group here so when they where all in diapers the parents would ashually supply the full diaper package here and I would label each package w/their names. Each child had diff. brands but all the same sizes. I did explain to parents that if they didn't remember to bring diapers that I'd pull from another childs but that as soon as I received theirs then I'd pull some out of theirs to replace what was taken. I have even gone out and bought some bc mom had forgotten and she reimbursed me for them. But I usually have quiet a few here just in case. I can also write them off on taxs so I don't mind so much...write offs are great...miles on car and supplies!!
kayla 01:02 PM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by DBug:
10 a day? That seems like alot -- how many diaper changes do you do every day?
I dont do that many but it is for just in case situations. You never know how many you'll need.
frgsonmysox 02:57 PM 12-09-2011
I don't think 10 a day is too much. Drives me crazy when I see parents letting their child sit in a wet diaper because it isn't super full yet. Change the dang diaper! We go through 8-12 diapers a day for our 19 month old. We use cloth though.
cheerfuldom 06:02 PM 12-09-2011
If she has to buy diapers anyway, why would it matter that she is a single mom?

Anyway, I do have emergency diapers but if a parent is regularly forgetting, then I would still provide the diapers for a fee, which would be a lot more than the cost of buying them themselves.
Tags:diapers, diapers running low, parents - are clueless
Reply Up