Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Had To Chuckle To Myself
mncare 07:30 AM 11-22-2010
I sent a note home today and one of the points was that now that it is winter, please send your kids in socks. The mom (that it was directed at ), said "oh, you want __ to wear socks?" Um, yes, please. It is winter in MINNESOTA!! BRRR. She told me she probably won't keep them on and I just said "Oh yes she will. She remembered to wear them last week and was very proud of herself." I told her to at least bring some so she can wear them with her boots when we go outside. Really?? Shaking my head and chuckling to self...
missnikki 07:31 AM 11-22-2010
Some parents would send their kids naked, I swear.....
nannyde 09:53 AM 11-22-2010
socks required at all times

I request the parents provide Robeez slippers for their kid. If they can't afford them I keep a stock of them on hand from size six months to four years. If the kid takes the socks off we just put our robeez on them every day.
kidkair 12:40 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Some parents would send their kids naked, I swear.....
I'd love it if I could let them all run naked and carefree! (We'd dress for outside of course.)
Blackcat31 12:54 PM 11-22-2010
I had a 7 month old show up in just a onsie today. No socks, no hat nothing but a diaper and a onsies. The temp is curently 16 degrees and it is snowing like crazy!!! Makes you wonder wtf are some of these parents thinking? The parent dropping off had boots and a jacket and a hat on...so ?????? They only live a few blocks from the daycare, but what if they broke down on the way here? What if I wanted to take them out to play in the snow? I've tried to send notes home, but I sort of feel dumb saying could you please_____? for really obvious things, but aparently I am going to have to send notes home about basic parenting skills. Almost like I am saying "Could you please remember to come get your kid at the end of the day too? If it gets that bad...I'm done!!!
MN Mom 01:18 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by kidkair:
I'd love it if I could let them all run naked and carefree! (We'd dress for outside of course.)
This made me laugh!

All three of my DD's (currently 11, 9, and 7) had a naked phase around 2-3 years old. I'd send them outside to play with an older sibling / cousin, and not 5 min. into being outside would they be naked and running all over the yard. Thank goodness we have always lived on an acerage in the middle of nowhere! I have a few pictures saved for when they are much older and bring a prospective spouse home for the holidays
Tags:minnesota, socks, winter cloths
Reply Up