Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Moving Activities Out Doors
itlw8 06:29 AM 05-17-2012
In the summer I move my easel outdoors and we have paint available almost daily as a choice.Any other ideas on moving the activties outdoors?
Willow 07:40 AM 05-17-2012
I have a big bag of puzzles we take outside, the larger sized legos are super easy to take out and spot in the grass for easy pick up, play-doh cans and cookie cutters in a bin is easily transported in and out, and all the kids like it when we read outside as a group on "picnic" blankets. We also often use the blankets to make giant forts. Since all of our Little Tikes equipment and play houses are movable if we lump them together we can make hide outs that completely blow the ones we make in the house out of the water size wise.

Lunch and snacks are always fun to have outside too
AfterSchoolMom 08:26 AM 05-17-2012
Outside is a great place for sensory bins, sand and/or water tables, fingerpainting, bubbles, and kitchen play - I know some ladies here have "mud kitchens" that are strictly for outside.
heyhun77 05:26 AM 05-20-2012
I take and entire set of materials outside for the summer. We have baby dolls, dress up clothes, block accessories (animals, cars, people), art supplies of pretty much every variety, of course sand toys, a sensory table that we use pretty much like inside with different materials and not just water, stuffed animals/puppets, books and probably a lot more that I'm forgetting. When I was in my home I had things set up along the side of my house in bins and since I have a covered patio I just left everything out there. At the center I'm at now we have benches with covers and we have everything stored in those but keep it inside plastic storage totes with lids to make sure it stays dry.

There are some things that I want to add to my current playground that I used to have in my homedaycare. I would add magnifying glasses, toy/old cameras and binoculars.

I had so much outside and do again in the center I'm at because we are outside from after breakfast until lunch (in my home we ate lunch outside) and then again once we are done with nap until the end of the day.
Countrygal 05:39 AM 05-22-2012
I am just setting up my outside area as well - it's sort of an ongoing project. This being my first summer, I'm doing a little at a time and hopefully by next year I'll know what works and what doesn't.

So far these are the projects I have put in or am currently working on:

Still planning on doing once above is completed:

Hope these ideas help a little bit - I've picked up most of them from here or magazines!
LK5kids 09:19 AM 11-25-2012
I like Outside to be outside. For me I like our outdoor space to be a more natural setting without too much stuff. I have the traditional climbers and riding toys.

I also have:
Sand box & sand kitchen- sand, water, containers, spoons- all i can say is hooray!
Water table
Bubble pool (plastic pool with pit balls-fill buckets with water and dish soap-scoop out bubbles and spread them over balls in the pool. Safe as there is no water and they love to explore this and eventually get in. Can't remember whose blog this came from).
Bubble play
Ice cream buckets of water/cheap standard plastic paint brushes (adult size) to paint climbers etc.
Picnic table to eat snack at.
Shaving cream stand(a wooden frame with plexiglass- kids stand on both sides and fingerpaint in the sc and can look at each other.
Art activities like rock painting
Sidewalk chalk
Plenty of space to run, hop, jump, and roll.

I love, love, love the idea of stepping stones! Kids would love those. I am going to put some in! Thanks!
Tags:outdoor activities
Reply Up