Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lower Rates?
kelsey's kids 03:00 PM 02-05-2014
So I posted earlier about offering a discount and that has lead me to maybe lower ny rates all together. I have checked the online resource and my rates seem to be about median for most ages. But the two largest centers in my area charge 40 less than me a month. Would you lower your rates to be more competitive with the market or stay the same?
originalkat 03:29 PM 02-05-2014
I think one of the keys to me staying full is being competitive with my rates. That does not mean I am the lowest by any means, but when a parent comes to my program and sees the quality they are getting and then hears the price- they are sold. That is what I attribute to my success... Quality at a competitive price. So if u need to lower your rates to be competitive then you may find you fill up faster and stay that way.
Cat Herder 04:08 PM 02-05-2014
Can you pay your bills, save for emergencies and put a little back for retirement with that lowered amount?

If so, go for it
kelsey's kids 05:28 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by originalkat:432033:
I think one of the keys to me staying full is being competitive with my rates. That does not mean I am the lowest by any means, but when a parent comes to my program and sees the quality they are getting and then hears the price- they are sold. That is what I attribute to my success... Quality at a competitive price. So if u need to lower your rates to be competitive then you may find you fill up faster and stay that way.
Do you tell rates on the phone or only at the interview? And whenn ask what do you say if you dont tell on the phone. Maybe that is the problem people always ask before they hear or see my program.
Cradle2crayons 05:35 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
Do you tell rates on the phone or only at the interview? And whenn ask what do you say if you dont tell on the phone. Maybe that is the problem people always ask before they hear or see my program.
I don't give rates on the phone. I tell them rates depend on days and hours and get them here first.
TwinKristi 09:50 PM 02-05-2014
I do tell people but I also tell people my rate depends on their hours and days of need and range from $45-50 a day. I haven't had anyone balk at my prices or complain that they're too high. I know it's what everyone else charges in my area maybe $5 more max.
Tags:competition, competitive rates, lower rates
Reply Up