Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mixed Signals to the Max
Controlled Chaos 08:52 AM 10-16-2014
So my 3yo dcb who has no interest in potty training, never has gone on the potty etc. He peed in the potty yesterday!!! I was so excited. He also got pee everywhere else lol but I was cleaning it up while smiling and cheering. My DD comes toddling into the bathroom after us and dcb turns and shoves my 11m to the ground HARD. So I turn on stern face and say NO blah blah, remove DD from room, help dcb wash hand and back to cheering Then as we leave the bathroom to join everyone else at snack I step on his foot and he is sobbing (he is a little dramatic) I am trying to get him calmed down and hand him a sucker (I don't usually give treats but am trying to get this kid jazzed about potty training) and have all the daycare kids cheer for him AND he is still crying super hard over me stepping his foot

I will consider it a feedback fail. I am sure he thinks he gets suckers for crying and gets stepped on when he pees in the potty.
Blackcat31 11:08 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
So my 3yo dcb who has no interest in potty training, never has gone on the potty etc. He peed in the potty yesterday!!! I was so excited. He also got pee everywhere else lol but I was cleaning it up while smiling and cheering. My DD comes toddling into the bathroom after us and dcb turns and shoves my 11m to the ground HARD. So I turn on stern face and say NO blah blah, remove DD from room, help dcb wash hand and back to cheering Then as we leave the bathroom to join everyone else at snack I step on his foot and he is sobbing (he is a little dramatic) I am trying to get him calmed down and hand him a sucker (I don't usually give treats but am trying to get this kid jazzed about potty training) and have all the daycare kids cheer for him AND he is still crying super hard over me stepping his foot

I will consider it a feedback fail. I am sure he thinks he gets suckers for crying and gets stepped on when he pees in the potty.
...or worse, that he gets a treat for shoving down the baby!

I agree though....that was a lot of signals and Im sure DCB is confused

Thank goodness he needs to pee more than once a day so he will get a do over!

Hoping he picks up the right signals the next time.
Cradle2crayons 11:12 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:

Hopefully next time he won't pee on he 11 month old instead of shove!
Reply Up