Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where to Look For Inexpensive Kid Rugs??
Crazy8 05:12 PM 10-15-2014
Anyone have a good source?? I've looked in Target, Walmart, etc. but can't find much. I want thicker than those thin little mats but still want kid friendly patterns. I need 2 in my playroom so they need to coordinate too.

where can I shop????
Shell 05:52 PM 10-15-2014
I always get mine at BJ's.com. Not sure if you have one around you, but you can check the website. I've gotten three really awesome ones for $20 each. There's also Big Lots, not sure where you are located, but some of those large discount places are great, you just have to search through a lot of different styles to find the ones you are looking for.
nothingwithoutjoy 05:54 PM 10-15-2014
Ikea!
midaycare 03:39 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
Ikea!
I second IKEA.
VTMom 04:08 AM 10-16-2014
Worthingtondirect.com

I bought a 12' X 6' ABC/shape rug a couple years ago for about $200.
DaveA 04:11 AM 10-16-2014
Our Menards gets in special buys periodically of "kids rugs". I don't need them because the classroom is carpeted, but they have some cool patterns.
Ms. Bubby 05:33 AM 10-16-2014
I replaced one of my more expensive kiddie rugs last year with one I bought for $20 from Lowe's Home Improvement. So far so good.
Meeko 05:41 AM 10-16-2014
http://www.hgtv.com/video/make-a-rug...deo/index.html Maybe you could do this with kid friendly colors?

I have also had a rug made for me. When we lived in military housing, there was no carpet at all. I liked the hardwood floors for most of the house, but it felt bare and cold in the living room. We were not allowed to have carpet installed.

We went to the local carpet store and bought a large remnant piece that fit the room. They then just bound it for us and turned a scrap piece of carpet into a large rug. It was dirt cheap anyway and then we sold it to the new tenants moving in when we left!
KatiesCorner 08:11 AM 10-16-2014
Do you have Dollar General's near you? I've noticed they had 2x4 rugs for $5 and 3x5 for $8 before. Obviously not high quality, but good enough if you just want to define spaces, or to use temporarily while you wait to get a good deal on a quality rug.
And Ross stores have decent priced rugs, and I find good toys there too
Blackcat31 08:31 AM 10-16-2014
I've found several really cute rugs (inexpensive too!) here:

http://www.wayfair.com/Kids-Rugs-C215393.html
melilley 11:38 AM 10-16-2014
If you have a Meijer by you, they have cute 5X7 rugs on clearance for $13.99.
kathiemarie 01:04 PM 10-16-2014
I 2nd wayfair.com. I have purchased a couple of rugs from them, very inexpensive but look nice.
Crazy8 01:09 PM 10-16-2014
wow, wayfair has a great selection, thanks!!! I need 4x6 and 5x7 sizes so I know they won't be super cheap, but I can't afford the $300 ones I've seen on some child care sites!! We don't have a Meijers here and Ikea is too far, I went there once and would love to take a ride there again someday.
honey bee 01:32 PM 10-16-2014
This might be a long shot but check with a local center. One near me was getting new rugs and was going to throw the old ones in the dumpster. I asked for them and the owner gave them to me. I could not have afforded to buy these new, kids don't mind if they are faded, and they needed a thorough scrubbing but they are fantastic!
Reply Up