Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Caviar care for sardine money
Unregistered 08:59 PM 08-02-2015
I have a lot of parents calling wanting to know if I provide preschool curriculum and crafts, which I do, Do I have nanny cameras, etc. but don't want to pay my weekly rate which equates to them paying me $3 per hour. I don't get it. Am I the only one having this problem....Parents wanting Caviar childcare for sandine money?
bklsmum 09:04 PM 08-02-2015
I've had a lot of those too but stick to your guns. The right fits will have no issue with a fair rate.
Baby Beluga 09:12 PM 08-02-2015
Yes, stick to your guns!

Btw - the subject of the post isn't something to laugh at but your post title sure did make me chuckle
Unregistered 09:15 PM 08-02-2015
I don't have the nanny cameras, I understand why parents want them, but Im paranoid that someone might hack into the cameras. I would like to eventually get cameras to have for my protection because it seems like every time you turn around there's some type of daycare facility under investigation for what ever reason. I've considered dropping my rates but I really don't see how I would make a profit that would make sense for me to keep my daycare running. I need some positive vibes sent my way.
Unregistered 09:19 PM 08-02-2015
Lol Baby Im glad I made you chuckle. To be honest I chuckle after each call/email with some of these parents.
midaycare 03:52 AM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a lot of parents calling wanting to know if I provide preschool curriculum and crafts, which I do, Do I have nanny cameras, etc. but don't want to pay my weekly rate which equates to them paying me $3 per hour. I don't get it. Am I the only one having this problem....Parents wanting Caviar childcare for sandine money?
Do you have a website? How are you marketing?
DaveA 04:30 AM 08-03-2015
This is my home so nanycams others can access isn't happening. Ever. But it seems to be an ongoing phenomenon everywhere- parents wanting everything but not wanting to actually pay for it.
Indoorvoice 05:35 AM 08-03-2015
Yes! I actually saw a parent post an ad on Facebook the other day looking for daycare that said "I want the best possible care around for the lowest price possible."
Unregistered 05:46 AM 08-03-2015
Im advertising any way you can think of and yes I have a website. But I'm getting most of my calls through facebook. Every now and then I'll put an ad on CL but then I'll get a weird text from a "parent" wanting me to care for their attractive child. These parents want a small facility which I am, Want me to have an assistant, plus want everything mentioned above but want to pay me with rubber nickles
Thriftylady 05:48 AM 08-03-2015
That seems to be the only calls I get in this area. I had one lady contact me with two kids who said "well I can only afford 100 a week, and I am very picky about who watches my kids". I had to tell her I couldn't do it, I wondered if she was picky in the way that they wouldn't charge her lol.
Blackcat31 06:20 AM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
But it seems to be an ongoing phenomenon everywhere- parents wanting everything but not wanting to actually pay for it.
yes, this type of mentality isn't exclusive to child care.

It's everywhere..........
Reply Up