Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Biter Boy At It Again--Wondering About A Cause
SilverSabre25 08:19 AM 12-16-2010
Biter Boy is at it again--this time he's getting a one-way trip to a pack n play in the playroom. This is so infrequent and there's not anything *I* can see that makes today (or the other days, weeks apart) different from the others. I have a theory; I hope those of you more versed in this stuff could help.

He suffers from frequent ear infections and is just getting over one right now. He's noticeably having a hard time hearing today (not looking when we call his name, etc)--could this be related to not being able to hear well? Or something else related to getting over the ear infection? I want to say he was getting over one last time he bit, too...
laundrymom 09:27 AM 12-16-2010
I would think being in pain would cause biting,... poor guy,....

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Biter Boy is at it again--this time he's getting a one-way trip to a pack n play in the playroom. This is so infrequent and there's not anything *I* can see that makes today (or the other days, weeks apart) different from the others. I have a theory; I hope those of you more versed in this stuff could help.

He suffers from frequent ear infections and is just getting over one right now. He's noticeably having a hard time hearing today (not looking when we call his name, etc)--could this be related to not being able to hear well? Or something else related to getting over the ear infection? I want to say he was getting over one last time he bit, too...

SilverSabre25 09:30 AM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I would think being in pain would cause biting,... poor guy,....
I would too...the thing is, he shouldn't be in pain anymore, right? He's almost done with the course of antibiotics. 'course, it seems like he should be able to hear by now, and he's hearing worse than he was Monday (the last day he was here). I feel bad for him, both because of the constant ear infections, and the fact that he's 18 months and barely talking. The biting episodes are so inconsistent and spread out...I really want to find the cause and help fix it!

*Would it be appropriate for me to ask mom if his doc has mentioned ear tubes at all?
Tags:biting
Reply Up