Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Used My Backbone!!
finsup 09:43 AM 11-20-2014
I used my backbone!! lol. Thank you all for being the inspireing me to do that!

So here's what happened. I sent out a holiday reminder etc to all families saying I would open early for Black Friday at 8/hour for anything before opening. Well, I get a message today asking "if dcb only goes two days next week, do we have to still pay extra for black Friday?"
...yes you do.
Then tried to justify it because dcb hasn't really been here the full 3 days my "part time" rate allows. Yeah the answer is still NO. In the past I would have either, caved and let them have it or, over explained my reasons etc. This time I stuck with the no answer and was very brief and to the point.

Getting a little annoyed at my contract being questioned every.single.week. however.
Scribbles 10:17 AM 11-20-2014
Good job! It feels good doesn't it?

When parents question my contract or policies, I refer them back to the handbook to find the answers.

If they are asking for explanation of my policies, I would explain once but I don't think I would keep explaining as I try to go over all my rules during the interview so the parent should have been paying attention then..kwim?
butterfly 10:28 AM 11-20-2014

Great job on your backbone!! You are a brave provider to offer black friday hours!! I'm closed that day and always have been.

I also think the rate you are offering care at is insanely LOW!! I'm disappointed in that parent for even asking for anything less.
melilley 10:47 AM 11-20-2014

Feels good doesn't it!?
I have used my backbone a few times and I'll admit, it was really difficult for me! But I do have to say that after the first time, it does get easier, especially if it's the same family that you have to use it on!
finsup 10:57 AM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by Scribbles:
If they are asking for explanation of my policies, I would explain once but I don't think I would keep explaining as I try to go over all my rules during the interview so the parent should have been paying attention then..kwim?
Oh yes, we went over it at the interview. And twice since They SHOULD have gotten it by now. Next time I'm replying "we have already discussed this and payment is still due" and that's it.

But yes! In a way I'm thankful they have done this because it's provided me with a chance to practice and get better at it. Still annoying, but at least it serves a purpose!
Reply Up