Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>At My Wits End...
Unregistered 12:43 PM 11-20-2014
I have a dcf with a dcb2.5 and dcg4. I am having such a hard time with them, they are allowed to do whatever they want how they want at home. Get anyways with everything. Everyday at least one of them has a very very hard day. Mean to the other dcks hitting, yelling, biting. Dcb is very obsessive with some of the toys he thinks they are his and no one else can touch them. Dcm is getting upset with hearing everyday that they are having such rough days. I'm at a loss at what to do. I've tried redirection I've tired structured activities I've tried free play I've tried more outside time. It seems to happen most when I am changed a bum or getting meals ready. Today alone he scratched dcgs eye, hit another dcg and bit another. I want to pull my hair out
Unregistered 12:56 PM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a dcf with a dcb2.5 and dcg4. I am having such a hard time with them, they are allowed to do whatever they want how they want at home. Get anyways with everything. Everyday at least one of them has a very very hard day. Mean to the other dcks hitting, yelling, biting. Dcb is very obsessive with some of the toys he thinks they are his and no one else can touch them. Dcm is getting upset with hearing everyday that they are having such rough days. I'm at a loss at what to do. I've tried redirection I've tired structured activities I've tried free play I've tried more outside time. It seems to happen most when I am changed a bum or getting meals ready. Today alone he scratched dcgs eye, hit another dcg and bit another. I want to pull my hair out
I have the same family! I forced them out and I only have 6.5 more working days with them - THANK GOD! I think there comes a time when enough is enough and you will end up having to term them. I hate that terming is my first response, but one can only deal with this for so long. If you have given the kids every chance to shape up, then it is time to let them go; and as for the money aspect, my two were half of my income, but enough was enough and even though I didn't have any leads, not once did I panic after making my decision because the money wasn't enough to keep going that way. (btw, I did replace their spots, so yay!).

Monkey Toes (just too lazy to sign back in, lol)
crazydaycarelady 01:02 PM 11-20-2014
I have this family too! Older brother finally started school this year but the 3yo is just like him. Mean and snotty. When I discipline her she cries for her mom, I know it is because she would get away with it if dcm were there.
Unregistered 01:15 PM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I have this family too! Older brother finally started school this year but the 3yo is just like him. Mean and snotty. When I discipline her she cries for her mom, I know it is because she would get away with it if dcm were there.
Yes!!! Mine to!!! "I want my mommy" every time I try and discipline. It sucks because they can be super sweet kids when they want to be or when one on one. I just want one day to flow nicely but I can't see it happening. They are more they 1/2 my income
deliberateliterate 01:39 PM 11-20-2014
That sounds really difficult. I'd start by removing the toys that DCB has taken ownership of.
KSDC 02:58 PM 11-20-2014
It seems to happen most when I am changed a bum or getting meals ready.
DCB would be spending some quality time shadowing me. If he can't play kindly with the other children, then he will play right next to me until he can handle himself.

NeedaVaca 03:24 PM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by KSDC:
DCB would be spending some quality time shadowing me. If he can't play kindly with the other children, then he will play right next to me until he can handle himself.

Exactly! Either term or keep him next to you every second, especially during diaper changes, lunch prep etc. 3 kids were hurt by him in one day, you risk losing all your good families. It sounds like this has been going on for awhile, if I had a child getting hurt all the time in daycare I would pull.
Reply Up