Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>There's Just No Convincing Two Year Olds
Rockgirl 06:55 AM 11-21-2014
That more than one person can like the same thing! At my house, conversations like this happen constantly:

Kid A: "I like Mickey Mouse."
Kid B: "No! I like Mickey Mouse!"
Kid A: "NO! I like Mickey Mouse!"
Kid C: "NOOO!! I LIKE MICKEY MOOOUUUSE!!!"

At this point, without intervention, any one of them is likely to hit or push another Mickey Mouse liker. Then a few minutes later.....

"I like purple."
"No!"

And so on......
Unregistered 07:31 AM 11-21-2014
Mine say, My mommy. NO, MY mommy. NO, MY MOMMY. NOO, MYY MOMMMYYYY!!!!!!!

And nobody's mommy is here.
Rockgirl 07:37 AM 11-21-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

Yes, mine do that too! They will argue about absolutely anything. Yesterday at breakfast, there was a fight over a piece of banana peel. One day they fought over who had caught an imaginary ball!
KidGrind 07:56 AM 11-21-2014
I intervene and say, “We can all like Mickey Mouse. We can all like cookies. We can all like one another. We can all be kind to each other. What else do you like Bobby? What else do you like Jane? etc."
jenboo 09:24 AM 11-21-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

O.m.g. this is my life everyday!
All these kids do is argue
Rockgirl 09:32 AM 11-21-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I intervene and say, “We can all like Mickey Mouse. We can all like cookies. We can all like one another. We can all be kind to each other. What else do you like Bobby? What else do you like Jane? etc."
I do intervene--it never sinks in!
Unregistered 10:13 AM 11-21-2014
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Uh huh See title: There's just no convincing two year olds
josie2014 10:15 AM 11-21-2014
Same here...all day longe...every day...no me,no meeeee,no meeeee.Stop please...you both going to do the same thing........when I don't pay much atention...are you listing to me...go put her in time out...lol...
Heidi 10:45 AM 11-21-2014
My assistant's THREE year old think no one else has a mommy...

We've talked endlessly about who's mommy is named x-, what's the daddy's names are, etc.

As SOON as someone else uses the title "Mommy" or says the word "mommy" in any conversation, he starts yelling...no, my mommy! It doesn't matter if she's in the room or not.

KidGrind 12:23 PM 11-21-2014
Repeat too.

Mine got it. As soon as they start and I counter they go, “We can all like the same thing.” The arguing stops and they go back to playing or the activity.
Rockgirl 12:40 PM 11-21-2014
Repeat too.

Mine got it. As soon as they start and I counter they go, “We can all like the same thing.” The arguing stops and they go back to playing or the activity.
Only in my wildest dreams could it be that way here. I have a whole group of alpha-types. Not sure how I got so lucky this year. :/
KidGrind 12:55 PM 11-21-2014
Only in my wildest dreams could it be that way here. I have a whole group of alpha-types. Not sure how I got so lucky this year. :/
I’ll pray for you.
Rockgirl 01:01 PM 11-21-2014
I’ll pray for you.
Thank you. I told dh this morning that right now, I'm working harder than in all my years of daycare, with what feels like the least positive results. I've never had a group this tough, ever! All six are within exactly one year of each other in age. The oldest has a Sept 30 bday, and the youngest Oct 1--everyone else falls within that year. They are just nonstop! I'm hoping as they get a little older, they'll get better.
Reply Up