Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Business Manager Stepping on Toes...
Checkinkids.com 06:44 PM 11-24-2014
Let's say I am a director of a new 200 capacity daycare facility. The lady who is hired to do payroll & billing & marketing etc..is called the Business manager. BUT on the first day of being open, she shows up an hour late, then decides that she will go around telling all the classroom teachers what to do. Also calls parents telling them their kid didn't eat lunch...and generally being a pain in the director's(me) side.
How would you handle this? Should I tell her directly to stay in her place or bring it up with the regional manager or just chill out and see if she gets better...
midaycare 06:59 PM 11-24-2014
Originally Posted by Checkinkids.com:
Let's say I am a director of a new 200 capacity daycare facility. The lady who is hired to do payroll & billing & marketing etc..is called the Business manager. BUT on the first day of being open, she shows up an hour late, then decides that she will go around telling all the classroom teachers what to do. Also calls parents telling them their kid didn't eat lunch...and generally being a pain in the director's(me) side.
How would you handle this? Should I tell her directly to stay in her place or bring it up with the regional manager or just chill out and see if she gets better...
You definitely need to handle this quickly. I would handle it yourself since you are the director. Did you hire her?
snbauser 06:07 AM 11-25-2014
You need to handle it directly. Pull her into a meeting and explain to her that apparently she misunderstood her job description.
Reply Up