Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Flu-WWYD?
sugar buzz 05:17 AM 11-25-2014
We're supposed to leave this evening for a 14 hour trip to Texas. My youngest came down with the flu on Friday and was finally fever-free, yesterday. This morning, my oldest woke up with similar symptoms. I was able to give her some Tamiflu and both kids had the flu shot, so their cases are milder, but traveling in the car with the flu, taking the flu to someone else's home, sleeping in the same hotel room, tonight, etc....

DH, my sister-in-law (we're going to her house), and my kids want us to plow ahead, but I'm foreseeing a bit of a nightmare. Have you taken your sick kids on vacation or just cancelled?
taylorw1210 05:20 AM 11-25-2014
As much as it would suck, I would definitely cancel for the sake of not spreading it to everyone/everywhere.
Play Care 05:29 AM 11-25-2014
Cancel. BTDT, and it's sad, but much better than not being invited back next year because everyone's mad you gave them the plague

So sorry you are dealing with this!!!
taylorw1210 05:45 AM 11-25-2014
Sorry - double post.
e.j. 11:57 AM 11-25-2014
If it were me, I would also stay home. I wouldn't want to spread the flu to the rest of the family, hotel personnel and who ever sleeps in the hotel room after us. I'd also be afraid that it might be only a matter of time before I came down with the flu, too. Having to drive 14 hours on the return trip wouldn't be much fun. Besides, I know how I feel when people show up at my house sick. I wouldn't want someone to feel that way about me.

Whatever you decide, I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Reply Up