Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Are You Doing For Easter?
busymomof2 10:10 AM 04-08-2011
This will be my first Easter doing daycare. I want to know what you are doing for the dc kids. I plan on having a party with an egg hunt at the park. Do you get your kids Easter baskets? What do you put in the eggs aside from candy? I still have to have these kids all day and I don't want them hyped on sugar. My finances are also very low so I neat some creative, low cost ideas. Thanks a bunch!
E Daycare 10:22 AM 04-08-2011
My one dcb wont be here all that week because his mom is a teacher and will be on vacation to sunny FL (they invited me to go as a friend with my DS which was VERY nice of them and el hub said I shouldve taken up the offer but DS is not yet 2 and is at the stage of chaos) and I termed my one dcg whos last day is the 14th. I have a super part timer that will probably be in one or two days that week and depending if I find a replacement by then I dont have much planned.

All this month we are doing crafts. I bought chalk paint off etsy (I LOVE etsy <3) and we painted paper Easter eggs already. Did spring time egg carton butterflies, We will use glue dots on hard boiled eggs and dip the glue dots in colored sand, I figure Ill make mini basket cookies and then send home their Baskets their last day before the holiday. I am closed a few days before the weekend and after as we are traveling back home to visit family and wont have any rest and relaxation lol.

For the easter baskets Ive been buying stuff from the dollar section of target. Bought felt baskets, carrot bubbles, sticker books, chalk, unfilled easter eggs to put a few M&Ms in, toy cars and a small book. Figure they will get enough candy probably and since I promote healthy eating here all the live long day I dont want to be like "HERES YOUR SUGAR!!" lmao. Then again, maybe I should. They wont be with me anyways. hahahaha
SandeeAR 10:26 AM 04-08-2011
Not a whole lot as mine are all littles, except one. I have a few wood cutouts for the 3 y/o to do. We will be having an Easter egg hunt the week of Easter. I fill the eggs with animal crackers, raisens, goldfish, fruit snacks and a few candies. I have them bring their own basket from home to use that day.

I also bought marshmellow suckers at Walmart for the 3 eaters. I got a stuffed animal for the 8 mo.
lil angels 10:32 AM 04-08-2011
I have easter eggs that are filled already from sams club so they are going to do a hunt and I got them all sand pails from the dollar store so they will have something for there eggs and can use there "basket" after words. And bunny ear hats that we are going to make.
SandeeAR 10:34 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by lil angels:
I have easter eggs that are filled already from sams club so they are going to do a hunt and I got them all sand pails from the dollar store so they will have something for there eggs and can use there "basket" after words. And bunny ear hats that we are going to make.
I like the sand pail idea!! I think I'll do that instead of having them bring a basket.
daycare 11:02 AM 04-08-2011
We are making cheesy paper bunny ears, baking cookies, and dying eggs.

i bought an easter coloring book and we are going to cut them out and transfer them to painting paper so we can paint them.

Nothing too exciting..

also the Orient. Trade Co. has sand pails with other stupplies really cheap. I am going to order those for the kids..

Its hard for the kids I have, becuase most of them come from $ and their parents buy them everything under the sun...
Meeko 07:10 PM 04-08-2011
We hard boil eggs and color them with crayons. Then we dip them in egg dye, and the wax from the crayons resists the dye and so their designs show through. Very pretty!
Abigail 09:42 PM 04-09-2011
I'm not a huge fan of easter baskets. Growing up with only had one or two for many years because my mom would save them and put them in storage until the next year. I use to work in retail and watched how many disney-themed and unusual easter baskets we would sell and it drove me nuts because every year kids got so many and they ended up in the garbage or broken.

You could be creative and color your own easter basket ahead of time as a project itself. Use gallon ice cream buckets or something that is close to a basket already that you may have. Ask for parents to donate a gallon ice cream bucket if you don't have enough.

As far as the easter egg hunts go, you could create a "find egg number one and it will tell you where to go for egg number two" kind of hunt for those who are old enough to follow easy words like "bed" and "fridge" to go to the bed to find the egg, etc. OR use pictures of where the egg is hid. You could make this a group effort, just make sure no one else is moving the eggs.

I like being creative, so I would avoid candy for most of the eggs. You can do stickers, temporary tattoos, little dollar toys (great ones from stationary dept. at walmart/target sold as "party favors"), a dollar bill. If you do money, you could do it as "daycare money" for when you take trips to the store with the kids they would have money on account to buy a dollar toy, etc.
busymomof2 12:41 AM 04-10-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I'm not a huge fan of easter baskets. Growing up with only had one or two for many years because my mom would save them and put them in storage until the next year. I use to work in retail and watched how many disney-themed and unusual easter baskets we would sell and it drove me nuts because every year kids got so many and they ended up in the garbage or broken.

You could be creative and color your own easter basket ahead of time as a project itself. Use gallon ice cream buckets or something that is close to a basket already that you may have. Ask for parents to donate a gallon ice cream bucket if you don't have enough.

As far as the easter egg hunts go, you could create a "find egg number one and it will tell you where to go for egg number two" kind of hunt for those who are old enough to follow easy words like "bed" and "fridge" to go to the bed to find the egg, etc. OR use pictures of where the egg is hid. You could make this a group effort, just make sure no one else is moving the eggs.

I like being creative, so I would avoid candy for most of the eggs. You can do stickers, temporary tattoos, little dollar toys (great ones from stationary dept. at walmart/target sold as "party favors"), a dollar bill. If you do money, you could do it as "daycare money" for when you take trips to the store with the kids they would have money on account to buy a dollar toy, etc.
Thank you everyone for the great ideas. Love the egg hunt idea! I did something similar during our pirate theme. I went shopping and got pails for the kids with grass. Bought a couple of things to put in it but mainly it will be for them to use during the egg hunt. There will be an egg #2 (filled with something) for each of the kids and so on. This will eliminate some kids getting more and others crying about it. I got easter books from the library that we will read all week. For crafts we will make a paper plate Easter bunny, a chick, and a basket. I will dye eggs and they will color and put stickers on them. To put in the eggs I got stickers, army men, little cars, tiny animals, pennies, jelly beans, little candies and animal cookies. I am also going to do the easter coloring page turned into a puzzle idea. Love all the ideas Thanks!!!!
Meyou 03:56 AM 04-10-2011
I've had easter coloring sheets and easter puzzles at our activity centers for a couple of weeks. We've done a giant easter egg craft and a bunny craft so far. My kids are not so good with the scissors but love to glue so I tend to make our crafts with lots of pasting and no cutting lol. We call them craft puzzles since the kids need to put all their pieces together to look like the example.

Next week we're going to plant bean seeds and decorate the pots. I'm also going to make easter colored playdough and put out easter cookie cutters at the playdough center. We'll read some easter stories and when we go outside to chalk on the sidewalk I'll give them easter ideas.
Tags:easter, easter - activities, easter activities
Reply Up